Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MargaretR

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2014, 18:50   #1
God Member

Plus ca change ...

By the way, it's not really all that French. The phrase is, and I checked this out, commonly used in English "particularly British English."

And before the groans start, this is not just yet another marijuana thread. What pees me off, is that it is, in all probability, a passel of lies based on faulty research ... bluntly, a crock of horse manure. What bugs my ass is that my tax dollars are being spent on neat looking ads addressed to those who are likely to vote Conservative in the upcoming (2015) general election. It's political propaganda. If the money to pay for it were coming out of the coffers of the Conservative Party of Canada, no problemo. But it's being funded in part by almost law-abiding, pot smoking, center or slightly left voting citizens. Now, it might go over well in Manyberries Alberta ... but in Van and TO? I don't be thinking so.

Ok ... so your taxes aren't involved; but I'm sure, without checking, that the same sort of shiite happens on that side of the pond. I realize that governments are political parties representing only a plurality of those who cast votes; but, as parties they should pay for the peddling of their biases. Ads warning against the dangers of pot are polluting the airwaves over here merely because the leader of the party that will probably win the next election is in favor of, at least, decriminalization. Not only in war is truth the first casualty.

"Reefer Madness" is alive and well ... in fact, the movie is probably still part of the curriculum in schools south of the Mason-Dixon line.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2014, 19:23   #2
God Member

Re: Plus ca change ...

I am amongst the few on here who have admitted smoking 'grass' (home grown leaf - a much milder version than 'skunk'). It wasn't a regular habit, but I enjoyed it when it was available - not often, but fondly remembered.

Now I am experiencing arthritic pain daily, I sincerely hope that a time will come soon when it is legal for painful medical conditions which the NHS offers only ineffective paracetemol.
jelly baby likes this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 19:44   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I am amongst the few on here who have admitted smoking 'grass' (home grown leaf - a much milder version than 'skunk'). It wasn't a regular habit, but I enjoyed it when it was available - not often, but fondly remembered.

Now I am experiencing arthritic pain daily, I sincerely hope that a time will come soon when it is legal for painful medical conditions which the NHS offers only ineffective paracetemol.
You may be in luck M:-
KanaVape: Cannabis e-cigarette to go on sale in the UK - Home News - UK - The Independent

Personally,I prefer the "skunk" type as I enjoy the euphoria it gives.
I guess like most 'drugs' it's a matter of dosage.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 19:45   #4
Beacon of light

Margaret, although paracetamol may not work well for you, there are those for whom it does work well.
The problems arise when people do not take it properly......and by that I mean, the people who allow the pain to ge a firm hold before taking something for it......like suffering pain is something to be admired.When this happens then it may take two or three doses to bring pain levels down.
Taking the paracetamol with a strong cup of tea or coffee also aids the uptake of the medication.
Two paracetamol taken at the right time has the equivalent pain killing properties as 10 Mgs of Morphine.
A lot of people seem to think that because the medication is available without a script, it must be weak and ineffectual.

It is also very very important not to exceed the stated dose.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 19:47   #5
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
You may be in luck M:-
KanaVape: Cannabis e-cigarette to go on sale in the UK - Home News - UK - The Independent

Personally,I prefer the "skunk" type as I enjoy the euphoria it gives.
I guess like most 'drugs' it's a matter of dosage.
It is sad that you feel the need to resort to smoking skunk to achieve that euphoria.
Old 18-12-2014, 20:01   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is sad that you feel the need to resort to smoking skunk to achieve that euphoria.
It's no worse than people going for a pint or two if used correctly, the problem comes as with alcohol, when the user brags about the use.

Use it don't use it, your choice, enjoy, overindulge if you wish but, don't try to be a hero because you use it, that gives all the reasonable users a bad name.

Last edited by Less; 18-12-2014 at 20:03.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 20:05   #7
Beacon of light

Does a pint or two give you a feeling of euphoria?
I suppose it is a matter of choice.... But not for me......escapism for me is a good book.....I suppose that is boring.
Old 18-12-2014, 20:10   #8
Senior Member+

I've managed to feel euphoric quite a few times in my life without using drugs(I don't count alcohol, that's just a drink).
Not sure I could handle it now!
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 20:16   #9

Quote:
Does a pint or two give you a feeling of euphoria?
I suppose it is a matter of choice.... But not for me......escapism for me is a good book.....I suppose that is boring.
Not really, but some comfort can be gained if that is your choice, it is as you say choice, having the choice I drink, I have on a rare occasion tried a touch of blow, but unlike the 'skunk' person I don't feel a need to brag about it, we make choices as to how our lives are lived, I like my choices but wouldn't think they are for all.

By the way just like Eric and yourself, even with my life style, I too can escape into the pleasure of a book.
Old 19-12-2014, 02:47   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
the pleasure of a book.
Right on ... as soon as I finish "Confessions of an English Opium Eater", I'm going to get stuck into "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas." It will take my mind off the fact that I'm still pished at being forced to pay for my government to use scare tactics, based on spurious evidence, in order to guarantee that its support among wavering conservatives stays on the "right" track. Anti-Smoking campaigns, warnings against the dangers of impaired or distracted driving ... fine. But this BS ... no way Jose.

And anybody looking for skunk ... there's a few in my neighborhood I would like to find loving homes for.
Old 19-12-2014, 09:37   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
I can see were you are coming from M.
If we're talking mental impairment I believe alcohol beats cannabis and that's why I prefer "skunk" for my recreational hits.
I'm not trying to be a "hero" just sharing my schizophrenic opinion

password--Accyweb
Old 19-12-2014, 14:14   #12
Full Member+

Have to admit

Love a Good Book and a nice glass of wine only one thou as I am not the drinker in my family tree lol
My dad loved a good night at the Popular WM Club
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2014, 14:27   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Have to admit

Love a Good Book and a nice glass of wine only one thou
How big is the glass?
Old 19-12-2014, 14:49   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not really, but some comfort can be gained if that is your choice, it is as you say choice, having the choice I drink, I have on a rare occasion tried a touch of blow, but unlike the 'skunk' person I don't feel a need to brag about it, we make choices as to how our lives are lived, I like my choices but wouldn't think they are for all.

By the way just like Eric and yourself, even with my life style, I too can escape into the pleasure of a book.
I had you pegged as more of a 'skunk person' Less

password--Accyweb
Old 19-12-2014, 22:00   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I had you pegged as more of a 'skunk person' Less
Oh yawn, not witty, just another example of you being you, which fortunately means you are only capable of posting better.
I think other's have mentioned, adding a wink type smiley doesn't improve your comments, only you can do that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..