Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2012, 08:57   #1
Senior Member+

Police Outside the Railway

We saw a Police Van parked outside the Railway yesterday afternoon (around 1545), trust it was just a social call and not anything sinister concerning the Railway customers
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2012, 11:55   #2
God Member

Re: Police Outside the Railway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
We saw a Police Van parked outside the Railway yesterday afternoon (around 1545), trust it was just a social call and not anything sinister concerning the Railway customers
They have suddenly found loads of extra police to roam round Accrington in the past few weeks. By Thursday it will be back to normal and the chavs/druggies/drunks can go on living their normal lives and spoil it for the rest of us
Old 13-05-2012, 12:08   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Probably something to do with the shifty buggers you get frequenting the place. I incidentally, have a valid alibi.
Old 13-05-2012, 12:09   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Probably something to do with the shifty buggers you get frequenting the place. I incidentally, have a valid alibi.
I was trying to be more polite and not cast aspersions
Old 13-05-2012, 12:33   #5
God Member

It is due to a contingent of shifty buggers expected next Wednesday.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 12:40   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I was trying to be more polite and not cast aspersions
Needn't worry about that Dave, buy 'em a pint & you can get away with pretty much anything. (incidentally I'm referring to plod here & not our shifty buggers )
Old 13-05-2012, 18:12   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They have suddenly found loads of extra police to roam round Accrington in the past few weeks. By Thursday it will be back to normal and the chavs/druggies/drunks can go on living their normal lives and spoil it for the rest of us
To be honest Dave its just surprising what checks are carried out before an high profile visit. When John Major came to Accy back in 1991 the special branch were all over the place like a rash for days prior to the event, and believe me they were armed to the teeth. They wanted a list of the people who were likely to meet him, and everybody was vetted, on the day I acted as liaison with the commander, everywhere he went I went, a very scary experience believe me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..