Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 16:38   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I have been contemplating whether to comment on this post or not, but I feel I must. I can't really think that anybody in their right mind could be so crass, to make comment such as that, but as my old mum used to say what goes around comes around. Thanks Andrew for enlightening me on this subject, it only reenforces what I've been saying on here for months, that this guy just ain't wired up right
don't honestly know if that was said, but don't think its right to take one side of a story, without getting the other, something i learnt many years ago. surprised at you.
Old 04-06-2008, 16:46   #137
God Member

I'm not shocked by anything you two (Jaysay & G Jones) say at or about each other anymore. We can all see the mutual hatred.

...and we know now that AndrewB can't be discreet

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 17:03   #138
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
don't honestly know if that was said, but don't think its right to take one side of a story, without getting the other, something i learnt many years ago. surprised at you.
The only thing that I thought cashy, was that Andrew wouldn't have put something on here that wasn't true, he might be young but he's far from stupid, no doubt jones will denigh it, but thats what he does

Last edited by jaysay; 04-06-2008 at 17:03. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 17:10   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I'm not shocked by anything you two (Jaysay & G Jones) say at or about each other anymore. We can all see the mutual hatred.

...and we know now that AndrewB can't be discreet
Well Margaret that is obvious, but I can't ever think that I would ever say anything about any persons private life, politics are politics, but I have always drawn a line under attacking someones personal life, and I've had plenty of chances believe me, as for AndrewB being discreat well I'm glad he told me, at least I know the real Graham Jones
Old 04-06-2008, 17:34   #140

Well, what a sad state of affairs. The fact that a post made regarding alleged vote rigging can end up with personal attacks and comments.

If this comments was actually made, then its unforgiveable, no matter where your political allegiances fall
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 18:01   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Well, what a sad state of affairs. The fact that a post made regarding alleged vote rigging can end up with personal attacks and comments.

If this comments was actually made, then its unforgiveable, no matter where your political allegiances fall
agree totally with yer comment, things like this should be aired privatly though, its pathetic.
Old 04-06-2008, 18:30   #142
Resting in Peace

Could be the lad is practising the Art of Spin ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:07   #143
God Member

Quote:
The only thing that I thought cashy, was that Andrew wouldn't have put something on here that wasn't true, he might be young but he's far from stupid, no doubt jones will denigh it, but thats what he does
If it was said it should never have been posted on a forum. If AndrewB had been so incensed by what was said he has had ample time to inform you by PM. I am disgusted at the way this thread has turned into a vendetta by a few of you.
Old 04-06-2008, 19:07   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Could be the lad is practising the Art of Spin ...
well if you choose to be diplomatic........
Old 05-06-2008, 08:30   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The only thing that I thought cashy, was that Andrew wouldn't have put something on here that wasn't true, he might be young but he's far from stupid,
we will have to agree to disagree on that one jaysay.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:26   #146
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
It however could never be as low as your personal attacks on Jaysay’s health at an Accringtonweb meet, while he was not there to defend himself. In fact a man I'm not sure you have even met.

What was it, that he was the "biggest burden on the welfare state". Well I for one am glad that the provisions are there for somebody who has worked hard all their life but fallen ill preventing them from carrying on that work. I am glad the NHS is there to stand in and help people who are quite seriously ill.

Wanting to challenge him to go private because his oxygen tank which keeps him alive is on the NHS? I have never seen such hatred for somebody because of their political orientation, which it clearly was, hence the political underlining of the attack. Any respect I might still have had is lost.

This is the definition of low Mr Graham Jones.
Complete lie. You'll make anything up to defend you silly little causes.

FACT I didn't speak to you beyond your stupid comments regarding miners. FACT After that I walked away from you.
FACT Cashman was there. In fact it was he that pulled you up for talking rubbish. I barely spoke with you.

I was asked about Mr Farrer, if I knew him, if I had met him (I have). His attacks on Labour. I stated quite clearly that he had been a significant beneficiary of the welfare state (not an issue), but i would have thought he would have had a better understanding, more appreciation or the need for a welfare state. With his personal experience I can't understand why he opposes Labour, Labour policies when he is able to judge at close what a huge benefit it can be. There was never any personal references/insults and no-one on here seems to be able to verify or confirm what are pathetic comments.

Last edited by g jones; 05-06-2008 at 15:35.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:38   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Complete lie. You'll make anything up to defend you silly little causes.

FACT I didn't speak to you beyond your stupid comments regarding miners. FACT After that I walked away from you.
FACT Cashman was there. In fact it was he that pulled you up for talking rubbish. I barely spoke with you.
You were not talking directly to me about it.

FACT you said the things I posted. To deny it would be blatant lies. I don't however expect you have the honesty to admit to it. You're no better than those you accuse of telling lies in council now.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:38   #148
Senior Member+

and I would add;

Kim said to me lets move - he's a complete nutter, just out for trouble - you don't need it - so we did move away from Andrew.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:40   #149
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I was asked about Mr Farrer, if I knew him, if I had met him (I have). His attacks on Labour. I stated quite clearly that he had been a significant beneficiary of the welfare state (not an issue), but i would have thought he would have had a better understanding, more appreciation or the need for a welfare state. With his personal experience I can't understand why he opposes Labour, Labour policies when he is able to judge at close what a huge benefit it can be. There was never any personal references/insults and no-one on here seems to be able to verify or confirm what are pathetic comments.
What a load of spin. Get me for libel if its not true. I know it is because I heard it myself.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:45   #150
God Member

Whether you heard it or misheard it, it should have not been repeated here

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..