Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 11:55   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That a load of B******** and you know it Rindi, its like a broken record or is it g.jones pulling your strings. Councillor in Hyndburn are underpaid compared to other authorites, when you consider cabinet members at LCC are on the thick end of £35 grand and the leader is on around £60 grand. Leader of HBC is now a full time job, its a business and should be run as such, when officers are on telephone number salaries, £20 grand for the Leader is still low in comparison. The reason g.jones opposed it, is that if he was leader, he still has a full time job, and thats a good reason he shouldn't even be given the chance.
I presume Peter Britcliffe knew what the allowances were when he stood for the council, and subsequently became leader of the council?

I stand by what I said, it must be great to vote to give yourself a 20% increase.

Others, such as nurses and firemen, must look in awe as they have to settle for near inflation pay rises.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-05-2008, 11:56   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
It was actually 1974.

Rude and wrong.
1 year out maybe, I concept was agreed in 1973, first elections 74, but how can telling the truth be rude, its a fact
Old 31-05-2008, 11:58   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I presume Peter Britcliffe knew what the allowances were when he stood for the council, and subsequently became leader of the council?

I stand by what I said, it must be great to vote to give yourself a 20% increase.

Others, such as nurses and firemen, must look in awe as they have to settle for near inflation pay rises.
See you haven't denied being g.jones puppet
Old 31-05-2008, 12:01   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
1 year out maybe, I concept was agreed in 1973, first elections 74, but how can telling the truth be rude, its a fact
The fact was wrong, the rudeness was your remarks about Graham Jones.

Oh, hang on. It's the rest of us who make vile attacks on here, towards Peter Britcliffe, as you said in your letter to the press.

I've never seen such a blatent case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Old 31-05-2008, 12:04   #65
Give, give, give member

Quote:
See you haven't denied being g.jones puppet
I'm no one's puppet.

I've never spoken to the man, nor am I a member of any political party, and am in the enviable position to be able to post what I actually think, rather than use this forum, ot the letters page of the local press, to push any political agenda.

Old 31-05-2008, 12:07   #66
God Member

Its as much pushing a political agenda as you are. Just airing his political views. Or are people who support political parties not allowed to have views? The only reason he is in the party is surely because broadly they represent his viewpoint?
Old 31-05-2008, 12:11   #67
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Its as much pushing a political agenda as you are. Just airing his political views. Or are people who support political parties not allowed to have views? The only reason he is in the party is surely because broadly they represent his viewpoint?
People can post whatever they like, as long as it's accurate. You two, as members of the same political party, me as a partisan bystander.

Old 31-05-2008, 12:12   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
The fact was wrong, the rudeness was your remarks about Graham Jones.

Oh, hang on. It's the rest of us who make vile attacks on here, towards Peter Britcliffe, as you said in your letter to the press.

I've never seen such a blatent case of the pot calling the kettle black.
That was not an attack or rude Rindi it was 100% fact, unlike some of the tripe said about PB on here, what ever I say about g.jones he has the right to reply, but has I said before, when he i losing the argument his toys come out of the pram. I've actually notice that those peope that do slag PB of on here hae never taken up the invitation to call him to his face, not even you
Old 31-05-2008, 12:13   #69
God Member

Quote:
People can post whatever they like, as long as it's accurate. You two, as members of the same political party, me as a partisan bystander.
Yours is no more accurate than anybody elses.
Old 31-05-2008, 12:15   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yea a partisan bystander that has a huge tilt to the left
Old 31-05-2008, 12:17   #71
Senior Member+

*was gunna put something but decided it was far too rude*

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2008, 12:18   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:
That was not an attack or rude Rindi it was 100% fact, unlike some of the tripe said about PB on here, what ever I say about g.jones he has the right to reply, but has I said before, when he i losing the argument his toys come out of the pram. I've actually notice that those peope that do slag PB of on here hae never taken up the invitation to call him to his face, not even you
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the invitation to meet him face to face. Rest assured whatever I say on here I have no qualms saying to anyone in person.

Perhaps he could invite me to discuss the flower towers, which I was singing his praises about last week, on this very forum.

You say Graham Jones has the right to reply on here, so has Peter Britcliffe, but sadly he doesn't seem to have the inclination to do so.

Old 31-05-2008, 12:22   #73
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Yea a partisan bystander that has a huge tilt to the left
Er... I hardly think so, as I was criticising Tory policy re:benefit reforms as being too wishy washy, and middle of the road.

On some things I'm more on the side of Attila the Hun, though people seem to convieniently ignore that, when trying to put people in little boxes.

You may well be happy being in your little one party box, l'm more of a free thinker.

Old 31-05-2008, 12:23   #74
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, I must have missed the invitation to meet him face to face. Rest assured whatever I say on here I have no qualms saying to anyone in person.

Perhaps he could invite me to discuss the flower towers, which I was singing his praises about last week, on this very forum.

You say Graham Jones has the right to reply on here, so has Peter Britcliffe, but sadly he doesn't seem to have the inclination to do so.
He's far to busy looking after his family, running a house, and running the Council
Old 31-05-2008, 12:25   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Er... I hardly think so, as I was criticising Tory policy re:benefit reforms as being too wishy washy, and middle of the road.

On some things I'm more on the side of Attila the Hun, though people seem to convieniently ignore that, when trying to put people in little boxes.

You may well be happy being in your little one party box, l'm more of a free thinker.
I seem to remember the Welsh Wind Bag saying that Attila the Hun was clumsy tourist

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..