Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2013, 21:47   #1

police speed checks m65

Be aware that the police are using hand held speed guns on the M65, I have seen them twice this week sat in thier patrol car with a hand held gun pointing down the motorway. I was lucky only doing 60 at the time.
Both times the car was parked between junction 8 and junction 7 with the camera pointing towards Burnley, perhaps the cop is a rovers fan and he fancies handing Burnley fans a few more points.
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2013, 21:52   #2
God Member

Re: police speed checks m65

surely if a police officer has time to sit in a car all day pointing a speed camera at the road it means that all crime has been prevented and solved in lancashire so it must be a good thing right ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 21:54   #3

exactly. but remember it's an easy £60 back in the goverments bank
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 22:03   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Costs more n that if yeh choose a speed awareness.
Old 15-05-2013, 23:04   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Costs more n that if yeh choose a speed awareness.
as long as their is cars the government will find a way to screw extra money out of their drivers

if it wasnt for cars the country would be bankrupt

insurance,fuel,mainatinance,MOT and fines alone are probbably keeping this country afloat

its about time the government started thanking drivers not persecuting them

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 06:50   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I wouldn't mind so much,if money from Road Tax n these fines was spent on the sodding roads,
Old 16-05-2013, 07:45   #7
Senior Member+

I don`t have a problem with speed cameras myself, they`re there to catch people breaking the law. What happens to the money from the fine is pretty irrelevant in my view. I think most people know the 10%+3 rule when it comes to speeding so if you`re prosecuted in a 70mph limit, you`re most likely doing over 80, and you can`t really have any complaints.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 08:07   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I don`t have a problem with speed cameras myself, they`re there to catch people breaking the law. What happens to the money from the fine is pretty irrelevant in my view. I think most people know the 10%+3 rule when it comes to speeding so if you`re prosecuted in a 70mph limit, you`re most likely doing over 80, and you can`t really have any complaints.
Spot on if there were no penalties there would be no need for limits but they're there for a purpose, simples
cmonstanley likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2013, 08:30   #9

Quote:
I do agree with you but the problem is modern cars are far more advanced then when the limit was introduced so you can get upto 80 without even knowing. My first car was a 1993 corsa you got that to 70 you knew about it. I now drive a 58 plate vauxhall van at work (same size as standard transit) and it gets upto 80 and feels no difference then going 40. Plus modern cars stop allot quicker I think its time they upped the limit personally.
Old 16-05-2013, 08:42   #10
Senior Member+

I agree about upping the limit, modern cars are much better now, my first car was an austin princess, which I don`t think I would be on the motorway long enough to get to 70. I`ve been done twice now, caught by speed cameras, both times I was driving, my foot controlled the accelerator and brakes and I got caught, nobodys fault but mine.
Old 16-05-2013, 08:48   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
I do agree with you but the problem is modern cars are far more advanced then when the limit was introduced so you can get upto 80 without even knowing. My first car was a 1993 corsa you got that to 70 you knew about it. I now drive a 58 plate vauxhall van at work (same size as standard transit) and it gets up to 80 and feels no difference then going 40. Plus modern cars stop allot quicker I think its time they upped the limit personally.
I learnt to drive in an Austin A30 was lucky if it reached 30mph but like you say when you have ordinary sedan cars that get fro 0 to 60 in 8 seconds there's a big difference today and you don't seem like your moving. Having said that I drove all over the country with my job and the only ticket I ever got was a parking ticket in Carlisle in 77 cost me 2 quid
Old 16-05-2013, 08:53   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I learnt to drive in an Austin A30 was lucky if it reached 30mph but like you say when you have ordinary sedan cars that get fro 0 to 60 in 8 seconds there's a big difference today and you don't seem like your moving. Having said that I drove all over the country with my job and the only ticket I ever got was a parking ticket in Carlisle in 77 cost me 2 quid
Well touch wood the only ticket I've had so far is for parking cost me £35 that was one expensive bacon sandwich .
Old 16-05-2013, 09:02   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiasfc View Post
Well touch wood the only ticket I've had so far is for parking cost me £35 that was one expensive bacon sandwich .
Been discussing on another web site about parking, in as much as parking on double yellow and even within school zones, usually by people who drive 4 x 4s doing the school run, something which didn't exist when I went to school
Old 16-05-2013, 09:07   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Please explain why in yer view,the money is irrelevant? The roads are a sodding disgrace, ours is so bad we avoid using it if possible. n by the way i was done oer Bury way doing 34 MPH in a 30 mile zone. i certainly wasn't intentionally speeding, just never realised i was slightly oer.
Old 16-05-2013, 09:11   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Please explain why in yer view,the money is irrelevant? The roads are a sodding disgrace, ours is so bad we avoid using it if possible. n by the way i was done oer Bury way doing 34 MPH in a 30 mile zone. i certainly wasn't intentionally speeding, just never realised i was slightly oer.
The roads need to be repaired, I agree with that, but I don`t think someone who has commited a crime, whatever the crime is, has a right to say where his fine is spent.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..