Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2008, 22:18   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Policeman jailed....

sorry he was "old enough" to threaten staff at the home with a fence post, also old enough to get rat arsed on vodka, wi a chav like that. all bets are off.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:22   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv had many a slap round the head from an officer dyson i think is how you spell it for merely mucking around,if he was around today and did that he would be put in prison.Its no wonder kids sit in gangs laughing at the cops because they know the poilice cant do sod all and the plastic cops can do even less

im not saying the police shoud be a law unto themselves but they should have enough leeway to install a little fear and respect into people
Of course I've had a slap from a copper..simple solution and saved both of us a lot of time and taxpayers money and taught me a lesson.. but in a police station it can get out of hand.. people posting suggestions that this sort of thing should go on without any reckonings are talkin kak.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:27   #18

The copper was baited, he should never have taken the bait. I expect our streets to be kept free from scunbags but I expect some professionalism.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:28   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

nobodys saying that mancie, n will bet i have had more slaps than you. yes they have to be accountable no doubt, but circumstances differ. as to what should happen imho.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:32   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nobodys saying that mancie, n will bet i have had more slaps than you. yes they have to be accountable no doubt, but circumstances differ. as to what should happen imho.
No more bets for now Cashy!..circumstances do differ.. and in this case the bloke should be given the benifit of doubt.. but to hark back to the old day's and a clip round the ear just ain't on and is not going to happen.. the police are under the law just like everyone.. and that's the only way in this country.. thank God

Last edited by Mancie; 27-08-2008 at 22:37.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:32   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Sorry but I have no sympathy with the copper involved. Little thug or not, it was a child, you can’t go round smacking kids full in the face (bit different from a clip round the ear ) Grown man v a 12 yr old…come on.
I think if you, as a very responsible person was confronted by a young thug who was intent on undermining your authority as a policeman and giving you a hard time and challenging your right to administer the law would show that authority.
A clip round the ear would bring the same result....He hit me.
Let's get real.....these young thugs need discipline.
I keep saying it, and it turns out to be true....In Spain the Guardia are not averse to giving anyone who challenges their authority a smack in the mouth........maybe there are lessons to be learned.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:37   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I think if you, as a very responsible person was confronted by a young thug who was intent on undermining your authority as a policeman and giving you a hard time and challenging your right to administer the law would show that authority.
A clip round the ear would bring the same result....He hit me.
Let's get real.....these young thugs need discipline.
I keep saying it, and it turns out to be true....In Spain the Guardia are not averse to giving anyone who challenges their authority a smack in the mouth........maybe there are lessons to be learned.
its true i have actually seen a guardia civil guy put his gun to a drunken troublemakers temple, he soon sobered up n slunk off quietly.
Old 27-08-2008, 23:04   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its true i have actually seen a guardia civil guy put his gun to a drunken troublemakers temple, he soon sobered up n slunk off quietly.
Cashy.............where the hell are we going to end up?
What is the agenda......are policemen to be given the authority they deserve?......I sometimes wonder why their brief is cut short by the doogooders and the EU Human Rights brigade.
Are we all in a situatiion where we do as we are told without question.
I think we are..............not long on this earth me....but I fear for my offspring..........Traffic police will always be be 'woodentops' in my book.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2008, 07:45   #24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
ordinary people constantly complian about the thug culture we have on weekends in every town and city in the country were a punch or worse is the norm...
Yes, and the reason why this thug culture has taken hold is the likes of you being oh-so-concerned about the "human rights" of various yobs, chavs and assorted criminals. I suppose it figures, though...this government that you so slavishly support has exactly the same attitude. Still, why should you worry, Mancie? You've got the establishment on your side.
Old 28-08-2008, 09:52   #25
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Policeman jailed....

As I understand it a police constable can use reasonable force to restrain or apprehend a prisoner. A punch to the nose is not reasonable force even under provocation but if the report of “As soon as they got to the cell father-of-one Gaffney hit him and lied that the boy fell over” is correct then that makes it premeditated and not provocation.

It is understandable that a cop might ‘lose it’ under provoking circumstances but he is a professional and should be able to rise above it and keep his cool. If he cannot then he has no business being in the police force.

Lying to cover up the incident is totally out of order.

Do we want coppers who take the law into their own hands and beat up prisoners?

In my view it was absolutely correct to prosecute PC Daniel Gaffney for physically assaulting a prisoner and causing actual bodily harm but deputy judge Timothy Gascoigne was wrong to hand down a custodial sentence. A heavy fine and a compensation order would have been sufficient seeing as PC Daniel Gaffney is most likely, and quite rightly, to be booted out of the police force.

We have enough thugs on the street without having them in a cop shop as well.
Old 28-08-2008, 09:55   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yes, and the reason why this thug culture has taken hold is the likes of you being oh-so-concerned about the "human rights" of various yobs, chavs and assorted criminals. I suppose it figures, though...this government that you so slavishly support has exactly the same attitude. Still, why should you worry, Mancie? You've got the establishment on your side.
Spot on WH spot on, the police are not allowed to police any more, they're just social workers now, and these drunken kids just run rings round them

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..