Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2008, 20:39   #1
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Policeman jailed....

....for punching a 12 year old boy.....
Policeman Jailed After Punching Boy In Face: PC Daniel Gaffney Given 12 Weeks For Attack | UK News | Sky News

If ya ask me the kid should have got another for good measure!!!

now every kid knows they are above the law
Old 27-08-2008, 20:46   #2
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Policeman jailed....

I'm quite sure the policeman didn't hit the boy without provocation. OK, maybe he shouldn't have done it, but won't that boy be laughing now? The whole thing, prosecution and sentencing, just disgusts me.
Old 27-08-2008, 20:46   #3
Senior Member+

Yeah got to agree with you there Panther and it seems the majority do with reading the comments at the bottom.
Old 27-08-2008, 20:53   #4
God Member

Hang on Panther.. the Policeman lied in his 1st statement saying the kid had fallen over.. we've heard that one before!....but I do think the officer should be given a chance to retian his job and... just like any other first offender would.... I think it's abit rough for the man to get a prison sentence.
The day's of policemen giving you a clip round the ear have been long gone and every policeman knows it.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 21:04   #5
God Member

Who finds it funny being punched? I doubt his parents found it funny either.

If it had been a homeless man that had punched the lad for doing something bad would we feel sorry for him for getting the same sentence? Even if he had been trying to make a citizens arrest?

Nobody should have the right to punch a child. Teachers have to put up with th worst of delinquent behavior but we'd be disgusted if kids came home in tears after being punched for being cheeky. Doubt we'd be saying the teachers deserve to dodge prison sentences anyway. How many of you would punch your own children?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 21:12   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

If it had been a homeless man that had punched the lad for doing something bad would we feel sorry for him for getting the same sentence? Even if he had been trying to make a citizens arrest?

Nobody should have the right to punch a child. Teachers have to put up with th worst of delinquent behavior but we'd be disgusted if kids came home in tears after being punched for being cheeky. Doubt we'd be saying the teachers deserve to dodge prison sentences anyway. How many of you would punch your own children?
Whats a 12 year old doing drinking vodka?Theres too many drunk chav kids on the street nowadays and something needs doing.Cant blame parents as he is in social care,so shall we fine social services as what would be done if living at home?
Old 27-08-2008, 21:24   #7
Resident Waffler

Quote:
The boy, described as "vulnerable" by the district judge, had been brought into custody along with a young girl on November 10 last year after threatening staff at his children's home with a fence post.

Oh yes sounds like a very vulnerable young lad who wouldn't hurt a fly! I can well believe it was self defence - the PC should not have lied initially, that's the pity.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 21:45   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
....for punching a 12 year old boy.....
Policeman Jailed After Punching Boy In Face: PC Daniel Gaffney Given 12 Weeks For Attack | UK News | Sky News

If ya ask me the kid should have got another for good measure!!!

now every kid knows they are above the law
That has hit the nail on the head.....This copper is doing his job and if is confronted by a juvenile who obviously has no respect for the law then what should the man do....say I'm sorry young thug...you do as you want..my powers as a police officer don't go as far as giving you a smack in the mouth as you quite rightly deserve.....come on....the Magistrates in this case have gone well OTT...give the lad his job back and take a lesson on how to deal with young 'Jack the Lads' who are clearly out of hand.
In my younger days if anyone stuck his chin out asking to be smacked he would get one......where do we draw the line?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 21:53   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
That has hit the nail on the head.....This copper is doing his job and if is confronted by a juvenile who obviously has no respect for the law then what should the man do....say I'm sorry young thug...you do as you want..my powers as a police officer don't go as far as giving you a smack in the mouth as you quite rightly deserve.....come on....the Magistrates in this case have gone well OTT...give the lad his job back and take a lesson on how to deal with young 'Jack the Lads' who are clearly out of hand.
In my younger days if anyone stuck his chin out asking to be smacked he would get one......where do we draw the line?
perhaps blazey will tell us what ya should do with a drunken chav kid. hope so would love to be enlightened.
Old 27-08-2008, 21:59   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

The really worrying thing is that this sort of claptrap is the view of the British establishment - all three major parties, the media and, most crucially, the judiciary. The commonsense views of ordinary people are routinely ignored - and that's why this country is going to hell in a handcart.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:04   #11
God Member

bloody pathetic is all i can say , the judge shoud be struck off or whatever they do to them to put them out of action

not only has this judge sent a man to prison for sod all he has sent a copper into prison where the inmates will obviously welcome a copper into their arms with great delight

edit:

as for the teacher comments in an earlier post

today kids tell teachers to F off and worse infact kids attack teachers

in my day which believe it or not wasnt long ago if you could expect a wooden board duster to be thrown at your head for the mere crime of not paying attention and talking in class , i used to have a maths teacher called mr omerod who was a ex boxer and one guy in my class once fronted upto him and took a swing , mr ormerod punched him out cold and rightly so and the lads parents did teh right thing and beat their son for doing what he did

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-08-2008 at 22:08.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:09   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The really worrying thing is that this sort of claptrap is the view of the British establishment - all three major parties, the media and, most crucially, the judiciary. The commonsense views of ordinary people are routinely ignored - and that's why this country is going to hell in a handcart.
Since when has it been a "commonsense view" of ordinary people that the police can smack someone in the nose for giving cheek?...ordinary people constantly complian about the thug culture we have on weekends in every town and city in the country were a punch or worse is the norm...I would except the notion that in this case the officer lost his rag..but he is employed to uphold the law..not to dish out he's own justice ...and it has been the same for generations...it maybe the case that years ago this sort of incident would have been nothing.. but it has not been accepted for at least 40yrs or more.

Last edited by Mancie; 27-08-2008 at 22:15.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:14   #13

Sorry but I have no sympathy with the copper involved. Little thug or not, it was a child, you can’t go round smacking kids full in the face (bit different from a clip round the ear ) Grown man v a 12 yr old…come on.
Old 27-08-2008, 22:15   #14
God Member

iv had many a slap round the head from an officer dyson i think is how you spell it for merely mucking around,if he was around today and did that he would be put in prison.Its no wonder kids sit in gangs laughing at the cops because they know the poilice cant do sod all and the plastic cops can do even less

im not saying the police shoud be a law unto themselves but they should have enough leeway to install a little fear and respect into people

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 22:17   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Since when has it been a "commonsense view" of ordinary people that the police can smack someone in the nose for giving cheek?...ordinary people constantly complian about the thug culture we have on weekends in every town and city in the country were a punch or worse is the norm...I would exept the notion that in this case the officer lost his rag..but he is employed to uphold the law..not to dish out he's own justice as he likes.
So whats the answer mate?We as common people put our own justice on these scrotes/chavs that litter most street corners getting drunk and attacking people? I know I would if I was threatened by the vermin it needs sorting mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..