Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2015, 18:57   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: "Poo dunnit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It doesn't need doggy bins...allowing ordinary litter bins to be used for this purpose would be far better and if other councils can do it then why not ours.
I cannot understand why someone would pick up doggy do's and hang them in a tree...where is the mentality in that?
If you think about it, dumping dog turds in ordinary bins for the collector to dispense with?

Not very good, in fact having dedicated people risking life & health just for the selfish joy of having a dog?

Maybe it's time we had a mass cull of this vermin?

Well of course not, but maybe, just maybe, we should have dog owners being made to be responsible for their pooch?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2015, 19:05   #32
Beacon of light

Less, if you go to Haslingden, or Bury.....the bins are all marked with signs that say dog waste can be disposed in them......so they must have considered the health risks to their operatives.
What about the disposal of human waste in household bins? Is that any different?
Babies nappies and stoma bags are disposed of in this manner.
Refuse operatives are all provided with PPE.....and they do not actually handle the waste from the bins.....and who do you think empties the dog waste bins?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 19:11   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

Putting dog poo in normal bins means it will probably end up in the landfill for "tip rats" like me to dig up in forthcoming years
I don't believe it!
Collecting empty bottles from tips was bad enough.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 20:24   #34
Senior Member+

The dog poo bags from H.B.C. are biodegradable.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 20:40   #35
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
The dog poo bags from H.B.C. are biodegradable.
I wasn't referring to those bags, but to the bags that ordinary litter is put into.
I don't think they are biodegradable.
The bags from the Town Hall are excellent value for money and are superior to any others we used.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:09   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you think about it, dumping dog turds in ordinary bins for the collector to dispense with?
I once considered putting a sign on my bin requesting dog walkers not to use it for their dog droppings. Instead, I just listen out for the truck and drag the bin back into the garden as soon as it's empty.

A couple of years ago someone had tossed their little nappy bag of poo into it. Better than sticking it on my tree, I suppose, but then it ends up festering for a fortnight and potentially bursting as other refuse is put on top of it.

Oh, and there's a proper dog waste bin 50 yards from where I leave my refuse bin on collection day...

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 17:47   #37
Senior Member+

I thought I had heard all of the "dunnisms" over the years.. Ones like "dunn-it-in-your-pants" and "did you get dunn?" but nope... Now I have pooboxes insulting me
Old 05-05-2015, 18:31   #38
Senior Member+

It's your dog and your dog's poo.
You should have to take it home with you and tip it in the loo or put it in your bin so you can have the smell on a hot sunny day.
Why should we have to have poo bins overflowing and stinking. Think of the poor devils who have to empty them and the cost to the council!
Why should we have trees decorated with poo bags?
It's your dog so it's your poo. Take it home!

Don't get me wrong. I'm a dog lover, we've had them all our married lives and I'd love one now. But picking up hot dog poo and walking around with a bag of it- that's one of the things which puts me off the idea! Besides which I'm too knackered to give a dog a proper walk.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 05-05-2015 at 18:39.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 13:45   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
!

But picking up hot dog poo and walking around with a bag of it- that's one of the things which puts me off the idea!
think of the benefits in winter though

free pocket warmer

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 14:12   #40
Beacon of light

Just remember to keep your mints in the other pocket.
accyman likes this.
Old 06-05-2015, 14:19   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
think of the benefits in winter though

free pocket warmer
Until you forget it's in there and thrust your hand in hoping for loose change or a hanky.

A few weeks ago I picked up after my dog but there were no bins between there and the car, so I just chucked it on the dashboard to dispose of at home.

I don't use the car if I can avoid it. Only remembered it was there three days later...

Old 06-05-2015, 16:25   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Just remember to keep your mints in the other pocket.
reminds me of this time my friend had been eating a kit-kat and he bent down to tie his shoelaces as he started walking again He realised he had chocolate on his fingers and he licked them......
Old 06-05-2015, 19:45   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Until you forget it's in there and thrust your hand in hoping for loose change or a hanky.

A few weeks ago I picked up after my dog but there were no bins between there and the car, so I just chucked it on the dashboard to dispose of at home.

I don't use the car if I can avoid it. Only remembered it was there three days later...
Don't let it run down the air vents
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 20:42   #44
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
reminds me of this time my friend had been eating a kit-kat and he bent down to tie his shoelaces as he started walking again He realised he had chocolate on his fingers and he licked them......
Ewwwwww!
Old 07-05-2015, 11:02   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
maxthecollie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..