Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 16:27   #1
Beacon of light

Poor gordon....aaaah!

What a shame for poor Gordon Brown.....the poor lamb has had toothache and has not been able to find and NHS dentist, so he has had to pay £100 per hour plus lab fees to get his teeth fixed. Now he knows how WE feel! slight difference though - HE can AFFORD the exorbitant charges.....be cause as always WE are paying!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2007, 16:29   #2
God Member

Re: Poor gordon....aaaah!

what a spoon...thats all i'm saying, now maybe something will be done about it
Old 11-03-2007, 16:33   #3
Beacon of light

Well, Flashy the article goes on to say that Gordon blames our esteemed TB for causing problems in the NHS dental service.......but later on an interview with the dentist reveals that he has been attending this private facility for more than 20 years.......who's kidding who eh?
Old 11-03-2007, 16:37   #4
God Member

thats true, i think all politicians are pillocks, they say and promise one thing then mean another,is all this going on because of the forthcoming election? hmmm i wonder
Old 11-03-2007, 16:54   #5

Lets be honest theres not one politican that could lie stright in bed
moonshiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 17:20   #6
Beacon of light

Oh, I like that one moonshiner!
Old 11-03-2007, 18:24   #7

On the news they said gordon brown had a root canal done with out anaesthetic, who are they trying to bloody kid ive had one done never again and thats with the anaesthetic.
Old 11-03-2007, 19:01   #8
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

you know i feel really sorry for him!!...............................NOT!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 19:03   #9
I am Banned

he never intened or even tried to find a nhs dentist from the outstart he has obvioulsy been uner private care for a while

i bet he dosnt even know the number for nhs direct never mind dialed it to find an emergency dentist that willput a temp filling in that will have to last you 7 years unytil you can get on a dentists books
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 20:34   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
he never intened or even tried to find a nhs dentist from the outstart he has obvioulsy been uner private care for a while

i bet he dosnt even know the number for nhs direct never mind dialed it to find an emergency dentist that willput a temp filling in that will have to last you 7 years unytil you can get on a dentists books
know what you mean iwent to accy vic 2 weekks ago got a temp filling told to see my own dentist, if i had a dentist ide have been there.
Old 11-03-2007, 22:08   #11

actuall its better to go to a top out of town dentist as they work out cheaper long term your average dentist isnt trained to put white fiillings in properly
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 22:33   #12
Junior Member+

Funny enough, I've had a root canal done with just Novocain, which isn't an anaesthetic, unless I misunderstood, I thought that was actually being put asleep. I have a great dentist (here in Ontario, Canada). I have never had anything except the Novocain, which is just injected in your gum.
Mind you I agree, root canals can be painful. I know I won't be believed, but I once fell asleep (not with anaesthetic) and was told I was snoring merrily.
Tybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 22:41   #13
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
actuall its better to go to a top out of town dentist as they work out cheaper long term your average dentist isnt trained to put white fiillings in properly

White fillings? I have always had a bad gob, but at least at one time I could find someone to do something for it, even if I had to pay something towards it. I have not been able to see a dentist for too many years now and all the work the proper dentists did is going to waste.

I have had Crowns that thanks to regular care from those gentlemen lasted me about thirty years, now I am living with a mouthful of pegs because I can't get the care that needs to be done.
Is there anyone that needs meat ready perforated? 'cos I can't chew my food any-more!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 22:58   #14

Iknow what you are going through im down to 12 teeth ive got to cook meat rer other wise i cant chow it, it would take me a week to eat a well done steak
Old 12-03-2007, 00:41   #15
Resting in peace

At the tender age of 21 this poster had to have 'toy' teeth fitted, the first pair cost £20.00 including extraction, a life of toothache free followed me for 40years, untill they broke, £136.00 later happy days arrived again. teeth in later years are like your body worn out.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..