Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2006, 12:13   #106
I am Banned

Re: Portrayal of women: (split)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
That goes for most things not just weight issues. People regardless of who they are, have a hang-up about a particular part of their body. If someone is fat, or thin or has a big nose (thanks Mez ) or wears glasses, I'm sure that person knows that themselves and may be self conscious about it, they hardly need it pointing out and drawing attention to it from someone else. Just a case of putting ones brain into gear before opening ones gob me does think.
Dont worry tinks mine is ... "aqualine" ..too so u aint on yer own
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-11-2006, 12:17   #107
I am Banned

Thing ive learnt over the years being bullied for everything so far lol is that the only person that has the problem is the person that subjects judgement onto someone for whatever reason, if someone insists on bringing a weight or height or whatever issue means that 'that' person themselves have the issue not the person subjected to it!

I mean if you aint got a problem with it .....then why do they bring it up then?

Mind u i have yet for someone to come up with something new & insulting to call me lol water off a ducks back
Old 04-11-2006, 12:25   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Mind u i have yet for someone to come up with something new & insulting to call me

Hmmm ....... I'l get my thinking cap on
Old 04-11-2006, 12:27   #109
God Member

[quote=accymel

I mean if you aint got a problem with it .....then why do they bring it up then?[/quote]

Not sure if that is aimed at me and this thread?? But I will reply anyway. I brought this thread up because, It is one of my absolute hates when people think it is o.k to put people down about weight issues. I hate people who thinks it is o.k to call someone FAT, STICK THIN, ANOREXIC ( when they aren't they are just slim) being a Anorexic is a Illness - being slim is just what you are even though you eat see the difference. Making judgments on peoples sizes can have a lasting impact on that person, even though the person that makes the judgement may never ever think of the comment they made ever again.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:27   #110
I am Banned

Quote:
Hmmm ....... I'l get my thinking cap on
If ya do i will give ya a round of applause for originality lol
Old 04-11-2006, 12:37   #111
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
Not sure if that is aimed at me and this thread?? But I will reply anyway. I brought this thread up because, It is one of my absolute hates when people think it is o.k to put people down about weight issues. I hate people who thinks it is o.k to call someone FAT, STICK THIN, ANOREXIC ( when they aren't they are just slim) being a Anorexic is a Illness - being slim is just what you are even though you eat see the difference. Making judgments on peoples sizes can have a lasting impact on that person, even though the person that makes the judgement may never ever think of the comment they made ever again.
Nope its just aimed generally at the name callers.....but also yeh it could go for the thread too, people call people because of their ignorance, own in security & having a narrow mind - one thing that took me a long time to get in line was my own reaction to it [ask your tinks about my school years!] people say hurtful stuff to make themselves feel better & to gain reaction in hope others join the bandwagon so makes them feel GOOD or popular [saddo's] - so whats the worse thing you can do is fuel their fire with a reaction!!! I do the absolute opposite & well practised on one person i feared & it works cos it takes the power off them to yourself, like i said i dont take offense to name calling in fact immune had it too long over my life & like i said above i've yet to find someone to be original & call me something i haven't been called before if they have to, i will give em a round of applause - only happened a few times tho & it shocks them more that i aint bothered but clapped em for it with a

I dont know what started this slinky so cant comment about it but i've known you for a long time & know u as a person & i know u can hold yer own no matter what.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:38   #112
God Member

Quote:
It is one of my absolute hates when people think it is o.k to put people down about weight issues.
I think it's just the way we are. Maybe subconsciously it makes us feel better about our own hang-ups if we criticise someone elses. I suppose it starts very young, in schools .... skinny, fatty, specky, bean pole. Maybe it's just easier to criticise than to give compliments. I dunno ... what I do know though is it would be boring if we were all the same.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:46   #113
I am Banned

Quote:
I think it's just the way we are. Maybe subconsciously it makes us feel better about our own hang-ups if we criticise someone elses. I suppose it starts very young, in schools .... skinny, fatty, specky, bean pole. Maybe it's just easier to criticise than to give compliments. I dunno ... what I do know though is it would be boring if we were all the same.
Too true Kids are mega mean!! LOL Surprising how many can still hold onto that time me included, i must admit i find it so much easier to take criticisms than actual genuine compliments auto pilot comes on a bit quick
Old 04-11-2006, 12:50   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
Too true Kids are mega mean!!
Some adults can be just as mean Mel, it's not fair just to say it's kids....

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2006, 12:53   #115
I am Banned

Quote:
Think u need to re read Slinky it was in reference to it starting at school as tinks post. Dont i know adults can be mean 1st lesson i learnt slinky, seems that who-ever started this has got just what they set out to do which is to upset you.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:53   #116
God Member

Quote:
Some adults? I've had this conversation many times! There's no-one meaner than adults. Give me a gang of name calling kids over nasty evil adults who should know better anyday.
Old 04-11-2006, 13:03   #117
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It is one of my absolute hates when people think it is o.k to put people down about weight issues. I hate people who thinks it is o.k to call someone FAT, STICK THIN, ANOREXIC....
We all do it Slinky, whether we realise it or not. Have a look at these 2 quotes while I go and hide.

Quote:
20 years ago!!!! I was on the school bus watching TINKS bully the fat lad lmao.........hey he's a big ****** now lol.
Quote:
Tell him to keep him interfering, ugly, half witted, no good, fat head out of your garden....
Old 04-11-2006, 13:05   #118
I am Banned

Neil run & hide LOL but again very true point & a sad fact of human nature.
Old 04-11-2006, 13:10   #119
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
We all do it Slinky, whether we realise it or not. Have a look at these 2 quotes while I go and hide.
Yeah but he does have a fat head lol...... well done Neil I applaud you.

I would never say that to his face though.......and yes as a kid I was just as evil as any other kid.

Don't hide Neil... you made a comment, and that is good. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 04-11-2006, 13:13   #120
I am Banned

I find the worst of the worse for hurtful biatchyness is women - they are really cruel - even worse hormonal LOL

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..