Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 22:44   #1
God Member

Portrayal of women: (split)

Modelling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
They need all kinds of women to model. Real women, as opposed to stick thin anorexics.
So SLIM women aren't real women are they not??

Miracles do happen!!

Last edited by Len; 02-11-2006 at 23:41.
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2006, 22:49   #2
Give, give, give member

Re: Real models required

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
So SLIM women aren't real women are they not??
Of course they are real women, though women sometimes so ill they have to be hospitalised, because of an illness that is fueled by a media were the ideal of female beauty means that women have the body of a prepubescent boy, is not what this day they are having is all about.

All women are beautiful.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 22:50   #3
Give, give, give member

P.s. Gobby women are excluded from my ideal of beauty, as I've just seen I originally said 'stick thin' not slim!!!!

Old 02-11-2006, 22:56   #4
God Member

Quote:
Of course they are real women, though women sometimes so ill they have to be hospitalised, because of an illness that is fueled by a media were the ideal of female beauty means that women have the body of a prepubescent boy, is not what this day they are having is all about.

All women are beautiful.
Actually rindy I don't think anyone would turn upto Gayles model AGENCY that looked like that. I actually don't think Kate Moss herself would take time out to turn up.

Twice In this thread it says " hey guy's you don't have to be stick thin"....

What happens if I started one saying " Hey models needed, but you don't have to be a FAT cow to join"?? yes just as cutting!!

I would never call anyone a FAT COW or otherwise, so why do people think it is acceptable to call someone " stick thin, anorexic" ??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-11-2006, 23:01   #5
Give, give, give member

I appologise, 'stick thin anorexics', as I originally posted, are of course real women, and am sure would be welcomed to join.

I've had a close friend who died because of anorexia. I said nothing about 'slim' women. Don't you dare put words in my mouth.

You will be more than welcome to model I'm sure if you want to. It will be fun.

Old 02-11-2006, 23:04   #6
Give, give, give member

If you want to debate the media's portrayl of women, body fascism, and today's ideal of beauty in an industry mainly cotrolled by homosexual men, we'll start another thread, and not trash this one.

Old 02-11-2006, 23:04   #7
God Member

Quote:

You will be more than welcome to model I'm sure if you want to. It will be fun.
No thanks. Wouldn't like to be the stick thin one. I didn't put words in YOUR mouth....... I used the word SLIM!!!! because like yourself I wouldn't ever call anyone STICK THIN.

Apology accepted.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-11-2006, 23:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
If you want to debate the media's portrayl of women, body fascism, and today's ideal of beauty in an industry mainly cotrolled by homosexual men, we'll start another thread, and not trash this one.
No I brought it up in this one because the term was used in THIS one.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-11-2006, 23:07   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
No thanks. Wouldn't like to be the stick thin one. I didn't put words in YOUR mouth....... I used the word SLIM!!!! because like yourself I wouldn't ever call anyone STICK THIN.

Apology accepted.
If you think the phrase stick thin is so grossly insulting, you should get out more, I've been called much worse names, but perhaps I have a tougher skin and a sense of humour.

Old 02-11-2006, 23:08   #10
Resident Waffler

Unfortunately people do strive to be extremely thin when they are not naturally slim and put themselves through all kinds of hell and some die. No-one ever actually strives to be fat. Fat people envy slim people but I can't imagine slim people ever envying fat people.

Personally though I'm not actually up to standing or walking about for any length of time due to me knees having gone (amongst other things). Tis probably the old rheumatics.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 23:09   #11
God Member

Quote:
If you think the phrase stick thin is so grossly insulting, you should get out more, I've been called much worse names, but perhaps I have a tougher skin and a sense of humour.
OH right!!!!!!!!!! So I can start calling people Fat can I?? just because I don't think it's that bad?? I mean being FAT doesn't affect me, so why should it hurt anyone else??
I mean I know people that have replied to this thread are on the big side.....so hey lets slate them.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-11-2006, 23:11   #12
Resident Waffler

Honestly Slinky I'd rather be your size than my size any day. What is to be offended about being slim/thin?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 23:13   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Unfortunately people do strive to be extremely thin when they are not naturally slim and put themselves through all kinds of hell and some die. No-one ever actually strives to be fat. Fat people envy slim people but I can't imagine slim people ever envying fat people.
Yes well as a Naturally SLIM person let me tell you, yes putting on weight can be a issue too. Losing weight is actually easier than putting it on when you want to. Proven fact.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 02-11-2006, 23:15   #14
Give, give, give member

There is an absolutely beautiful, stunning Lancashire girl in Channel 5's 'Make me a Super Model'.

She's a size ten, slim in anyones books, and at least two sizes larger than the other models. She's told she has no chance of 'winning' because she's too fat, and is being encouraged to loose weight and crash diet That is a sad reflection on the society we live in. A society were young, healthy, normal girls aged nine, that I know personally, feel pressured to diet rather than just get on and enjoy their childhood.

The show at Accy Town Hall, will hopefully show that women of all sizes can be happy, confident, and glamorous.

End of.

Old 02-11-2006, 23:15   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Honestly Slinky I'd rather be your size than my size any day. What is to be offended about being slim/thin?
Nothing Willow I don't have a Issue with my weight. Issue I do have is people' s terminology. Stick thin, anorexic people ( just cos they are slim).......like I said, it's the opposite meaning of calling a bigger person a FAT person. LABELING

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..