Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Are you happy for your child to be vaccinated
Yes of corse its safe 2 20.00%
No its not been tested good enough 8 80.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 20:43   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Possible that the kids will be first testers of Swine Flu Vaccine

I think that we have to let people work out for themselves which are the Looney tune elements.
Most people have the intelligence to decide what is right for them.
A lot of the hype about the severity or otherwise of this viral infection has been whipped up by the media......and they are the ones who have done the most scaremongering.
It doesn't help at all when a government sets up a telephone helpline(with unqualified staff) that is supposed to determine whether folk actually do have this viral illness or not.
Many people will have been wrongly diagnosed, and then added to the figures, which make it look like the H1N1 virus is rampant.
Do you consider these to be the actions of responsible government?

And as noted in my previous post, the Chief Medical officer of Health is letting folk think that their children are going to be vaccinated in the early Autumn, when it is clear that the vaccines will not be ready until late September, and even then will not have been tested,or for that matter given a licence for use.

The phrase Pee up...and brewery spring to mind.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2009, 15:37   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think that we have to let people work out for themselves which are the Looney tune elements.
Most people have the intelligence to decide what is right for them.
A lot of the hype about the severity or otherwise of this viral infection has been whipped up by the media......and they are the ones who have done the most scaremongering.
It doesn't help at all when a government sets up a telephone helpline(with unqualified staff) that is supposed to determine whether folk actually do have this viral illness or not.
Many people will have been wrongly diagnosed, and then added to the figures, which make it look like the H1N1 virus is rampant.
Do you consider these to be the actions of responsible government?

And as noted in my previous post, the Chief Medical officer of Health is letting folk think that their children are going to be vaccinated in the early Autumn, when it is clear that the vaccines will not be ready until late September, and even then will not have been tested,or for that matter given a licence for use.

The phrase Pee up...and brewery spring to mind.
Well said.

Totaly the news media are the forfront of scare mongering.

I mean the BBC stated the Swine Flu helpline and Internet site was getting 2,400 hits a second, that 74,000,000 in 8 hours.

In america they are using children to test the vaccine so it seems acording to this sorce.

And as for the we can diagnose over the phone oh let just say its swine flu. Things like this can happen (RIP).

Swine Flu: Toddler Georgia Keeling Dies From Meningitis After Misdiagnosis, Her Family Claim | UK News | Sky News

My main thing is to make people aware who might not of been, to think about the vaccine and look into it for themselves. Dont just take everything the media tell us as the truth.
Old 10-08-2009, 13:53   #33
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Well said.

Dont just take everything the media tell us as the truth.
Oh, I so agree with you, let's not take the media as the truth, but then again, why should we take what you say to be the truth?

We, (the people), don't need your version of the truth any more than the media's version.

You come on here acting like you are the light, the saviour, just because you think we don't read what you read, some of us read it before you announce the terror and then, dismiss it, that is what leads to independent thinking, surely we can be allowed that?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 14:28   #34
Beacon of light

I think that is very similar to my comment in post number 16.
That the majority of us are capable of independent thought, and the weighing of the pros and cons of a situation.

And while there may be people on here who post a different opinion to mine, I may still consider what they have to say....even if later I choose to discount it.

I don't consider it to be scarmongering, any more than I consider what I read in the media to be scaremongering.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 16:30   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Oh, I so agree with you, let's not take the media as the truth, but then again, why should we take what you say to be the truth?

We, (the people), don't need your version of the truth any more than the media's version.

You come on here acting like you are the light, the saviour, just because you think we don't read what you read, some of us read it before you announce the terror and then, dismiss it, that is what leads to independent thinking, surely we can be allowed that?

All I post is information that I find, I have never once claimed to be the "one" you will find my comments are supported by links that I add to my threds.

Not everyone may see what information is out there.

I dont see you posting comments in the many other threds that people posts relating to media stories.

This doesnt really effect you, you dont have children that fall into this catagory. where as I do and many others will also.
Old 10-08-2009, 22:40   #36
Resting in Peace

Of course it will be safe when it is ready ... just like all the other flu vaccines we have every year. This flu is quite mild to others.

Don't think it will be in time for us pensioners annual one either ... that is now on its way to the surgeries and ready to administer end of September. As normal, just based on experience of flu viruses the year before ... so could be September 2010 before we get it.

Will be a 2-hit course too by the way.

I would not hesitate to let a child of mine have this vaccine if can be proved would be effective, just like the MMR jab.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:25   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Of course it will be safe when it is ready ... just like all the other flu vaccines we have every year. This flu is quite mild to others.

Don't think it will be in time for us pensioners annual one either ... that is now on its way to the surgeries and ready to administer end of September. As normal, just based on experience of flu viruses the year before ... so could be September 2010 before we get it.

Will be a 2-hit course too by the way.

I would not hesitate to let a child of mine have this vaccine if can be proved would be effective, just like the MMR jab.
The swine flu jab is being cultivated in the same way as the ordinary yearly flu jab, the culture is grown on eggs, given this fact I won't be bothering with it, I haven't had the ordinary flu jab since 1994, which cut my hospital admittance to virtually zero, from and average of 6 times every winter to 3 time since 1995

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..