Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2009, 09:11   #166
Super Moderator

Re: Potential Labour Candidate for Hyndburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
If you want to join the Labour Party I'll get a membership form. You appear to interested in the Labour Party and it's internal democracy.

But I have to be honest it's not as exiting at times as being a Stanley fan.
As I implied in my last post, I'm not interested in joining any political party as I regard them all with contempt. I was making a point about the way politicians can't give us a straight answer anymore.

However, if the Labour party is as mundane as you imply, perhaps I should join...I could do with a bit of boredom after the last few weeks!
Old 20-11-2009, 09:23   #167
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As I implied in my last post, I'm not interested in joining any political party as I regard them all with contempt. I was making a point about the way politicians can't give us a straight answer anymore.

However, if the Labour party is as mundane as you imply, perhaps I should join...I could do with a bit of boredom after the last few weeks!

Whatever the Labour Party is, mundane it certainly isn't. I agree with the last bit. Hasn't been easy being a Stanley fan over the last few weeks. Not good for the stress levels
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 10:56   #168
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
The only people who need to know (and have the right to the information) who are on the shortlist are the members of Hyndburn Constituency Labour Party.

Whilst it is perfectly allowable for the rest of the population of Hyndburn to speculate and discuss the merits of who the person that is chosen as the PPC for the Labour Party. They do not have any 'god given' right to the information.
It's not about having a 'right' to the information. It's about an open transparent democracy rather than keeping information from people because they've not coughed up the membership fee.

I can't vote in council. The only coercive role I can play is voting for two councillors in my ward. If a similar argument was used I wouldn't be entitled to know what happens in council. As a non-voting member I wouldn't 'have the right to the information'.

Anyway by the end of tonight we should know who will be representing Labour at the next election between a choice of George, Claire and Graham.
Old 20-11-2009, 11:28   #169
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Anyway by the end of tonight we should know who will be representing Labour at the next election between a choice of George, Claire and Graham.
After what I saw last night I know one of them that does not deserve to be picked.
Old 20-11-2009, 12:37   #170
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
It's not about having a 'right' to the information. It's about an open transparent democracy rather than keeping information from people because they've not coughed up the membership fee.

I can't vote in council. The only coercive role I can play is voting for two councillors in my ward. If a similar argument was used I wouldn't be entitled to know what happens in council. As a non-voting member I wouldn't 'have the right to the information'.

It's an internal Labour Party vote Andrew. Also I don't know who you've been getting the information off concerning the shortlist, but their wrong.
Old 20-11-2009, 20:26   #171
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device interesting!! By the way im still in the meeting waiting for the result. Im sure andrewb would have enjoyed it.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 21:23   #172
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device oh my!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 23:16   #173

It is with great pleasure (as chair of the Hyndburn Parliamentary Labour Party) I have the great honour of announcing that the Labour Party's Prospective Parliamentary candidate is Graham Jones.

On the first ballot he had over 50% of the votes.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2009, 23:20   #174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
it is with great pleasure (as chair of the hyndburn parliamentary labour party) i have the great honour of announcing that the labour party's prospective parliamentary candidate is graham jones.

On the first ballot he had over 50% of the votes.
good news
Old 21-11-2009, 08:37   #175
Senior Member+

Graham is definately the right candidate in my opinion!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 17:19   #176
God Member

I read posts like this for interest only; but I do have a question: will there be any other candidates in Hyndburn? Will there be a BNP candidate? Or an independent? Or someone from a revived Rhinoceros Party?
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2009, 18:04   #177
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I read posts like this for interest only; but I do have a question: will there be any other candidates in Hyndburn? Will there be a BNP candidate? Or an independent? Or someone from a revived Rhinoceros Party?
There's 3 at the moment Eric, Labour, Tory who have yet to select a candidate,and Kevin Logan who has posted on here a few times.

There will be others no doubt who will throw their hat in the ring as the election gets closer. The UKIP party stood last time, so they could well put a candidate forward. Maybe the BNP who knows
Old 21-11-2009, 18:09   #178
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
There's 3 at the moment Eric, Labour, Tory who have yet to select a candidate,
Probably cos the questions too difficult.
Old 21-11-2009, 19:26   #179
Senior Member+

Labour - myself
Tory - Probably Peter Clarke
Christian Party - Kevin Logan
English Democrats - Chris Read
UKIP - highly likely
BNP - mmm maybe not this time?
Liberal - may not either
Green - highly likely
Independent - possibility
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2009, 13:20   #180
God Member

Labour must be scraping the bottom of the barrel. After his continual petty squabbling with andrewb and his edited posts describing all Tories as a shower of manure this is one vote Labour won't be getting.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..