Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2010, 15:58   #376
God Member

Re: Potential Labour Candidate for Hyndburn

I think you should publish it now that the sender has given you permission. I'd like to know what it says that got you so excited.
Old 18-01-2010, 16:12   #377
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I think you should publish it now that the sender has given you permission. I'd like to know what it says that got you so excited.
As a moderator on Accrington Web, do you really think you should be using your position to encourage other members to break clear forum rules?

Rules which seem fairly transparent, and make no mention of it being fine to publish, even with consent.

12: All posts on the forum to be made in English. If you wish to communicate in a foreign language, please do so on the PM system,also PM=PRIVATE MESSAGE and all pm's are just that Private and must not be posted on the forum no matter how old they are or who they are from.
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...mer-29681.html

I'm sure you'd love my right to a democratic voice on here to be silenced, but I have no intention of aquiring a ban. So that isn't going to happen.

Last edited by garinda; 18-01-2010 at 16:16.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 16:38   #378
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Why don't you Andrew? you clearly thought the same. and YOU know what it said.
Old 18-01-2010, 17:19   #379
God Member

Garinda, that rule is in place to stop private conversations in PM from being spread from there, as one member may have sent a private message under the impression that it is indeed, private. As the sender has given his consent to that particular message being posted, there is no problem. As a moderator I can tell you now, you wont be banned.

Cashman, I haven't seen the PM. I've no idea if garinda sent it to others on request, but I didn't request it.

Last edited by andrewb; 18-01-2010 at 17:21.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 17:36   #380
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Garinda, that rule is in place to stop private conversations in PM from being spread from there, as one member may have sent a private message under the impression that it is indeed, private. As the sender has given his consent to that particular message being posted, there is no problem. As a moderator I can tell you now, you wont be banned.

Cashman, I haven't seen the PM. I've no idea if garinda sent it to others on request, but I didn't request it.
Sent under the title 'Hi Andrew'.

Hello Andrew

Just thought i'd tell you that the party has not picked a candidate yet, but best not tell everybody on Any Web

John

Seems fairly obvious it wasn't intended for me, but a straightforward communication between Jaysay and andrewb.

Old 18-01-2010, 18:28   #381
God Member

If the rules were followed by their strictest sense, it would mean that anything I discuss with someone via PM can never be discussed on the forum, which would cause all sorts of problems, wouldn't it?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 18:44   #382
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

i never said you had seen it, i said you know what was in it n you do, are ya denying that?
Old 18-01-2010, 19:33   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i never said you had seen it, i said you know what was in it n you do, are ya denying that?
Cashman Just been out for dinner with A.B. He had no idea what was in it, he was laughing about what had happened and i thought Jaysay may have named the conservative candidate, in the message, the reason why Gary was so exited. Andrew informed me that he did not know, what the message was about, because he had never received it.Turned out not to be as exiting ,as i thought,after reading it.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 19:48   #384
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Cashman Just been out for dinner with A.B. He had no idea what was in it, he was laughing about what had happened and i thought Jaysay may have named the conservative candidate, in the message, the reason why Gary was so exited. Andrew informed me that he did not know, what the message was about, because he had never received it.Turned out not to be as exiting ,as i thought,after reading it.
I suggest you might be wise to read the rules of this site too, not having my consent to use my real name.

8: No personal names, addresses & phone numbers to be left on the forum, unless with consent of the person concerned.

Old 18-01-2010, 19:57   #385
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
next time I'll tell him the moons made of green cheese, it isn't really
And you can prove it isn't made of green cheese how?

We have more than our fair share of stick their head in the sand conspiracy theorists that claim the Americans never went to the moon, so unless you can prove those loony tunes wrong why should we believe anything from a tory with his head stuck up his own sand dune about what the moon is made of?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:09   #386
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post

...and besides, as you once foolishly tried to recruit a close relative of mine into joining a pyramid selling scheme, promising riches beyond one's wildest dreams, your ability to judge the true facts of a situation, I don't hold very much store by.

Unless of course you're posting on Accy Web from a mansion on a private island somewhere.

Then l may have to reconsider your gullibilty, and not hold your opinion in such low esteem.

Old 18-01-2010, 20:10   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I suggest you might be wise to read the rules of this site too, not having my consent to use my real name.

8: No personal names, addresses & phone numbers to be left on the forum, unless with consent of the person concerned.
As i have witnessed personal names used previously, i was not aware it was such an issue, however i guess i thought it was nice to use a name sometimes,polite, i thought. Read the rules previously but forgotten them now. Apologies.
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:14   #388
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Get a grip. Loads of people use your name. Are you going to start picking and choosing who can or cannot use your name when replying to you despite it all being in the public eye? You can try reporting it and see what the other mods think. If you haven't already reported it, then I'd suspect you were just being petty.

turkishdelight, I reckon it would be best if you called him Garinda so he doesn't have a hissy fit.

Cashman as of today Jaysay told me the general content of the message, I thought it might have been longer. Seems not. Kind of amusing that Garinda is still under the impression that this was genuinely meant for myself. Makes me giggle whenever I read the thread. Too proud to admit he was done.
Old 18-01-2010, 20:17   #389
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
turkishdelight, I reckon it would be best if you called him Garinda so he doesn't have a hissy fit.
Yes, he may have a hissy fit, perhaps because his user name doesn't have a capital 'G'!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 20:18   #390
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Loads of people use your name.
No they don't.

Rules are rules.

Such a flippant disregard for them is very telling.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..