Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2010, 20:48   #406
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Potential Labour Candidate for Hyndburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
By the way shouldnt this thread actually be closed now .. as its title is Potential Labour Candidate .. and as everyone knows Hyndburn & Haslingden Labour Party has decided on their candidate ..
Typical, using Nazis tactics to prevent freedom of speech, just because someone's selected doesn't mean we can't have a pointless arguement!

(There we go this should be the end of the thread, the mods can close it now, because I have played the Godwin's Law card).

Quote:
Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies, sometimes also known as Godwin's Law, is a theory put forward by Mike Godwin in 1990. Godwin noticed that long-threaded discussions on the Internet tended to turn into mud slinging competitions by the end. The longer a thread got, the more likely it was that a Nazi comparison would be dragged into the discussion. Godwin's Rule states that: “As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.”
Please place end of thread post below.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2010, 20:54   #407
God Member

Quote:
After numerous tellings off from mick ... i have been under the impression that pm's are private .. and not allowed on accyweb .. even if the sender gives his permission .. seeing as ive done that in the past and got a telling off about it as well.
Have asked Mick. You're right. Roy made the rule. I don't agree with it (but will enforce it from now on) 'cause I don't see the point in not allowing it if it's consenting 'cause I guess Jaysay could just rewrite the same thing out. Anyway I was wrong but garinda isn't going to get punished for my mistake.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:00   #408
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
Cashman Just been out for dinner with A.B. He had no idea what was in it, he was laughing about what had happened and i thought Jaysay may have named the conservative candidate, in the message, the reason why Gary was so exited. Andrew informed me that he did not know, what the message was about, because he had never received it.Turned out not to be as exiting ,as i thought,after reading it.
Then i am sorry but he's telling ya porkies, summat i do not! he did know n i know that fer fact, he pmd jaysay about it this morning n jaysay told him, i got that straight from the horses mouth, cos i was around to see him just after dinner. so all that glitters is not gold, sorry to shatter yer illusion.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:02   #409
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If they are they need their heads looking at .. as a someone who goes canvassing at regular intervals .. if you knock on anyones door after 7.30pm they normally give you what for!!!!
He might not be knocking on people's doors, whilst Corrie's on the box, and since being declared the offical party candidate, but it looks as if he's using his time industriously, to get his message across to the electorate of Hyndburn.

Tory run Hyndburn Council has a gritter parked up @ Willows Ln depo 4 over two weeks as Tory run Lancashire CC refused to supply grit to it
Twitter / Graham Jones: Tory run Hyndburn Council ...

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 21:04   #410
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Then i am sorry but he's telling ya porkies, summat i do not! he did know n i know that fer fact, he pmd jaysay about it this morning n jaysay told him, i got that straight from the horses mouth, cos i was around to see him just after dinner. so all that glitters is not gold, sorry to shatter yer illusion.
So your stating as fact someone is telling bare faced lies?

What a suprise.

Old 18-01-2010, 21:05   #411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I think my mum misunderstood what I told her. I told her I hadn't seen the message from Jaysay and made a point that it was amusing garinda thought it was real, as if it was real, Jaysay would have sent me a second copy with a 'crap I sent this to Garinda again', but I never recieved such a message. She must have thought that meant I didn't know what was in it.

Only got a message telling me the content was that Tories had not selected yet and not to tell accyweb. The one you obviously were told about today by Jaysay.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:07   #412
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Have asked Mick. You're right. Roy made the rule. I don't agree with it (but will enforce it from now on) 'cause I don't see the point in not allowing it if it's consenting 'cause I guess Jaysay could just rewrite the same thing out. Anyway I was wrong but garinda isn't going to get punished for my mistake.

Rules are rules, and thank you for your graceful apology.

Old 18-01-2010, 21:09   #413
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I think my mum misunderstood what I told her. )
oh really i dont. also you were questioning if he had sent it by mistake, so calling rindy fer believing is a bit rich? keep digging pmsl
Old 18-01-2010, 21:12   #414
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I think my mum misunderstood what I told her. I told her I hadn't seen the message from Jaysay and made a point that it was amusing garinda thought it was real, as if it was real, Jaysay would have sent me a second copy with a 'crap I sent this to Garinda again', but I never recieved such a message. She must have thought that meant I didn't know what was in it.

Only got a message telling me the content was that Tories had not selected yet and not to tell accyweb. The one you obviously were told about today by Jaysay.
I suppose he sent you a pm explaining the previous message he sent me by mistake, in which he said your actions would leave Cllr. Britcliffe in the doo-doo, was also a bluff?

I know what I believe, and sadly it isn't yourself or Jaysay, and as MargaretR said, either way, in a dirty tricks campaign, only one side comes out smelling of a foul stench...and it isn't me.

Old 18-01-2010, 21:17   #415
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I suppose he sent you a pm explaining the previous message he sent me by mistake, in which he said your actions would leave Cllr. Britcliffe in the doo-doo, was also a bluff?

I know what I believe, and sadly it isn't yourself or Jaysay, and as MargaretR said, either way, in a dirty tricks campaign, only one side comes out smelling of a foul stench...and it isn't me.

You are well aware the first message was a mistake by Jaysay.

It's laughable that you're still convinced that Jaysay sent the one mentioned in this thread by mistake though. Read the message again, why would Jaysay send me that? Engage brain.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:23   #416
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
You are well aware the first message was a mistake by Jaysay.

It's laughable that you're still convinced that Jaysay sent the one mentioned in this thread by mistake though. Read the message again, why would Jaysay send me that? Engage brain.
why would you tell porkies to yer mam? gone right down in my estimation.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:25   #417

Quote:
Engage brain.
That's rich! At which point do you engage brain when voting without the slightest consideration that the Tories could be wrong?
Old 18-01-2010, 21:35   #418
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
That's rich! At which point do you engage brain when voting without the slightest consideration that the Tories could be wrong?
They are wrong on several things in my opinion. Have said so on this very site.
Old 18-01-2010, 21:40   #419

Quote:
They are wrong on several things in my opinion. Have said so on this very site.
Yes, you have, but you also show the potential of voting out of loyalty to a party rather than for what is good for a community, (as have many supporters of the other parties).
Old 18-01-2010, 21:49   #420
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Strange how rules can be 'bent'
I've a good mind to report this homophobic diatribe to Mick.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..