Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2009, 17:18   #16
God Member

Re: Preaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Religious preaching margaret on broadway in town through use of a microphone and loud speakers!

it should be banned

im not sure what i hate more , religious pillocks or people taking surveys with clipboards.

if its the tambareen brigade andrew do us a favour and stick it over their born again heads the next time your passing

thanx

edit:

big issue lady gets on my wick as well - yeah the big issue is you come to this country and put the english born guy out of work selling teh big issue luv , seems no job is safe from imigrants pmsl

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 25-07-2009 at 17:20.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2009, 18:11   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Thankfully, due to suspected swine flu, my trip to town has been cancelled.
Hmmm, is Swine Flu the latest Middle class must have?

From what I can work out, at the moment doing the rounds are bouts of the Common Cold, 'Ordinary' Flu and this god-damn swine Flu!

Those with upper class pretensions all seem to have what they consider the trendy one, did they pay extra? Or are they just obliged to class the first cough, to some life threatening Pandemic?

My apologies to anyone unfortunate enough to actually be suffering 'Swine Flu', but to the rest, please don't worry the ordinary Flu can be just as lethal so don't worry your turn will come.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 19:04   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I've no idea.

If I see a middle class person with it, whatever that might be (bank manager?), I'll ask them.

The doctor said it was 'suspected swine flu'. I haven't self diagnosed it myself.

Sky high temperature, terrible diarrhea, shivering, hacking cough, sore throat, headaches, and more aches and pains than you can shake a stick at.

Whatever it is/was, I'll be glad to get back to the usual acute muscular pain caused by Parkinson's.

Thanks for your concern though Florence, and watch your wick as you leave the ward, it looks like it's on it's way out.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 19:24   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

From what I can work out, at the moment doing the rounds are bouts of the Common Cold, 'Ordinary' Flu and this god-damn swine Flu!

Those with upper class pretensions all seem to have what they consider the trendy one, did they pay extra? Or are they just obliged to class the first cough, to some life threatening Pandemic?

My apologies to anyone unfortunate enough to actually be suffering 'Swine Flu', but to the rest, please don't worry the ordinary Flu can be just as lethal so don't worry your turn will come.
What a sad, bitter, little man you are.

Just as soon as I'm allowed past my front door again, remembering to hop over the food left for me by kind people, I'll look for a religious nutter and ask for them to pray for you, in the hope you find some peace in your life.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 19:30   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What a sad, bitter, little man you are.

Just as soon as I'm allowed past my front door again, remembering to hop over the food left for me by kind people, I'll look for a religious nutter and ask for them to pray for you, in the hope you find some peace in your life.

Have you got a red cross on yer front door Garinda ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2009, 19:51   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
As much as I appreciate somebody trying to guilt trip me into believing.. is there any need for this on broadway?
You ought to go down Manc. Free Palestine, Repent Ye Sinners, Big Issue Please, Llama Liberation Front, Hare Krishna, Hands Off Cuba...and I agree with all of 'em. Or rather, I agree with their right to propagate what they believe in...so, yes, there IS a need for this on Broadway...and long may it continue!
Old 25-07-2009, 21:13   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
As fare as I'm concerned they can do what they want, so long as they don't come knocking on my door, now I do object to that. A few years ago I was in bed under the weather when a knock came on the door
I quite agree; however, the last lot who came knocking on my door were Tory party canvassers, whom I vented my spleen on in no uncertain terms (as I would have done Lab or Lib/Dem canvassers). So could you explain to me why you find it so objectional for Godbothers to come a-knocking on your door, yet, presumably, you're quite happy for activists from your own party to do it?

...could you also send "The Weather" (I presume that's not her real name) round to my house please.
Old 25-07-2009, 22:54   #23
Senior Member+

Freedom of speech, entitled to their own belief, it's pretty easy to just say "no thanks"
Old 26-07-2009, 10:39   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I quite agree; however, the last lot who came knocking on my door were Tory party canvassers, whom I vented my spleen on in no uncertain terms (as I would have done Lab or Lib/Dem canvassers). So could you explain to me why you find it so objectionable for Godbrothers to come a-knocking on your door, yet, presumably, you're quite happy for activists from your own party to do it?

...could you also send "The Weather" (I presume that's not her real name) round to my house please.
Funny thing is Wynonie I don't get political canvassers at my door, the Tories don't need to call, Labour neve seem to bother I've seen Mr Jones twice during the by-election campaign in Immanuel ward and he never even popped round to say hello
Old 26-07-2009, 10:44   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I've seen Mr Jones twice during the by-election campaign in Immanuel ward and he never even popped round to say hello
Most uncivillised, I must say! I'm sure you'd have had a brew ready and waiting for him!
Old 26-07-2009, 11:43   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Most uncivillised, I must say! I'm sure you'd have had a brew ready and waiting for him!
Of course Wynonie, scones with fresh cream too
Old 26-07-2009, 18:33   #27

The botherers with the folded blue headscarf and spectacles(the women) are allowed to stand in our town centre and shout at the top of their voices " hell and damnation to all ye sinners, blah, blah ,blah" the chap is so involved he dribbles down his chin and frightens most folk especially kids. If i was too stand outside Barclays and shout my anti religion head off the rotund fake police girls would come and try and give me an on the spot fine of £30, luckily they are not good at running up hill which is the best escape as they radio the fake traffic warden.
spex357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 22:32   #28
God Member

Quote:

Sky high temperature, terrible diarrhea, shivering, hacking cough, sore throat, headaches, and more aches and pains than you can shake a stick at.
sounds like the usual Sunday morning symptoms for me, and most of my neighbours, when lived up Huncoat
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 22:45   #29
God Member

(no edit) but hope you get over the worse soon Garinda.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2009, 22:51   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
like hell he would, never has one fer me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..