Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-03-2008, 08:34   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Pregnant Man????

oh my, this is getting agressive,i think they should stop this thread.
Dont bite me!!
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-03-2008, 09:07   #122

its a shame if they have to stop the thread, basically means that everytime people have a difference of opinion, the discussion gets halted.

I'm not sure 'aggressive' is the right word to be thrown about in posts, it gives a negative aspect to the whole discussion.

The whole reason for debates like these is to give different points of view, and at the end of the day, some peoples minds may change with valid arguments. I know mine has on occasion.

Is this not what freedom of speech is about?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 09:22   #123
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
its a shame if they have to stop the thread, basically means that everytime people have a difference of opinion, the discussion gets halted.

I'm not sure 'aggressive' is the right word to be thrown about in posts, it gives a negative aspect to the whole discussion.

The whole reason for debates like these is to give different points of view, and at the end of the day, some peoples minds may change with valid arguments. I know mine has on occasion.

Is this not what freedom of speech is about?

I agree with you 100% but some people end up taking this personally if u knw what i mean
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 09:26   #124

yeah i know what you mean, I think thats got to be the main thing to remember, just because you have a different point of opinion doesnt mean its an attack on you personally.

At the end of the day, most of the people on here have never met me and so dont know me. Therefore I dont take things personally, because they havent ment the person behind the ID lol

Sorry, rambling lol
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 11:56   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
What a load of c*ck. How is the way Less answered you in any different to the way you disagreed with Bernie a page earlier??

Less and I have disagreed on topics many a time, but in no way have I ever felt bullied or scared, or even taken his opinion personally.

Its a discussion forum. The clue is in the name
Don't worry about me onlyme I can take people disagreeing without resorting to calling them bullies.
Old 28-03-2008, 12:05   #126
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Don't worry about me onlyme I can take people disagreeing without resorting to calling them bullies.
Bernie i agree with every word you said,, its the poor little kids that are going to be the losers ,,God what a dreadful start in life,just because of some selfish whims of people who are in the wrong gender
Old 28-03-2008, 12:11   #127
God Member

It is so very wrong for these people , beings to have children . that poor child may be brought up with a lot of love but are the parents gonna be there when the child is being beaten up in the school playground or where ever just because of its parents . its wrong imo.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 12:17   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
Bernie i agree with every word you said,, its the poor little kids that are going to be the losers ,,God what a dreadful start in life,just because of some selfish whims of people who are in the wrong gender
Yes Granny that is my arguement against this, no thought is being given to the poor child. I have been known to change my opinion on some subjects after discussion this is one where it will never be changed.
Old 28-03-2008, 15:51   #129
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
It is so very wrong for these people , beings to have children . that poor child may be brought up with a lot of love but are the parents gonna be there when the child is being beaten up in the school playground or where ever just because of its parents . its wrong imo.
Don't agree with this line of argument ... you seem to put more value on conforming to some out of date biases than to raising children with love ... the "poor child" (or children in this case) is the one who has ingested prejudice from his parents and his peers and resorts to bullying ... the next to the last refuge of the bigotted. I do believe there is another thread in which we are talking about a poor young woman who was beaten to death on the basis of her physical appearance.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 15:59   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Do you not think we have enough problems,got Yanks that can't speak English we do not need English people with the same problem
Wise up, eh. English is now an international language. You guys have as much right to claim it as exclusively yours, as you do your "national" game.
Old 28-03-2008, 17:15   #131
Resting in Peace

Wouldn't be surprised at all if this whole thing does turns out to be a hoax in the end anyway .. we will have to await July.

Not much different to the Roy Cropper/Hayley story on Corrie ..

Even if it isn't, I don't feel any disapproval whatsoever for this couple. Mother Nature is still allowing this to happen (with the interference of artificial insemination of course) .. so if she says OK, then so do I.

I have no issue with transexuals either, 'tis a biological mishap that some people are not truly born male/female either physically and mentally and just because we only see the outer frame, how can we be so judgemental.

Don't think very shortly that this type of situation will be such a big deal in the school yard .. doubt whether bullying will be paramount, just curious questions by other children. Gosh, not long since children of single parents were considered 'unusual' and now completely accepted.

Just look at all the relationships now, with people marrying twice/thrice and lots of varying fathers/mothers in one family .. how difficult is that for any child ! Can't see that this case will be much different.

P.S. Will somebody tell me what a Turkey Baster is ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:30   #132
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Wouldn't be surprised at all if this whole thing does turns out to be a hoax in the end anyway .. we will have to await July.

Not much different to the Roy Cropper/Hayley story on Corrie ..

Even if it isn't, I don't feel any disapproval whatsoever for this couple. Mother Nature is still allowing this to happen (with the interference of artificial insemination of course) .. so if she says OK, then so do I.

I have no issue with transexuals either, 'tis a biological mishap that some people are not truly born male/female either physically and mentally and just because we only see the outer frame, how can we be so judgemental.

Don't think very shortly that this type of situation will be such a big deal in the school yard .. doubt whether bullying will be paramount, just curious questions by other children. Gosh, not long since children of single parents were considered 'unusual' and now completely accepted.

Just look at all the relationships now, with people marrying twice/thrice and lots of varying fathers/mothers in one family .. how difficult is that for any child ! Can't see that this case will be much different.

Something you baste a turkey with In a pinch it could be used for artificial insemmination ... I think you can purchase one that vibrates
Old 28-03-2008, 17:43   #133
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Here you go Kate.

It'll makes sure your legs and breast stays as juicy as ever.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 17:53   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Here you go Kate.

It'll makes sure your legs and breast stays as juicy as ever.
Eeew hek ! Looks like that thing me Mum used to shove up the rear end with salt water when I had thread worms..

Talking of birds ... noticed two Mallard drakes on my lodge this week attempting to procreate ... if there any ducklings in a few weeks .. will revert to this thread.. could make a fortune !
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2008, 18:00   #135
God Member

Quote:
Eeew hek ! Looks like that thing me Mum used to shove up the rear end with salt water when I had thread worms..

Talking of birds ... noticed two Mallard drakes on my lodge this week attempting to procreate ... if there any ducklings in a few weeks .. will revert to this thread.. could make a fortune !
Thank you for sharing your childhood experiences with us ... maybe you have stories about boils too

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..