Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2006, 17:38   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

press stupidity?

jus t watched the news-the press have released the names of the 2 people arrested in london for suspected terrorist offences,the reporter said we have got the names from other sources,cos the police have not released them. that would say to me if i was a bloke connected to these alleged terrorists to do one right sharp! i think this is stupidity on a grand scale,and should not be allowed, i think the press overstep the mark big time and should be brought to account, what do you think?
Old 02-06-2006, 17:59   #2
God Member

Re: press stupidity?

I agree totally with you, the phrases "from other sources" or "a source close to the family" are used to prevent legal action against reporters. I could ring up any newspaper and say I can name suspects in any investigation on the basis that I live in the same town.
Its is irresponsible because several times in the past prosecutions against guilty suspects have been halted because of the media reporting leaked information.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 18:31   #3
Senior Member+

hmmm totally

i mean in the off chance i was a terrorist i'd think sh*te bryan jones has been caught and i was gonna be meetin with him - better go into hiding and change my location asap!
Old 02-06-2006, 19:12   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
hmmm totally

i mean in the off chance i was a terrorist i'd think sh*te bryan jones has been caught and i was gonna be meetin with him - better go into hiding and change my location asap!
exactly mani.
Old 02-06-2006, 19:57   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
hmmm totally

You grass Mani.. I'm off! LOL
Old 02-06-2006, 20:36   #6
God Member

The press control our lives these days - they decide who runs the country, what political policies there are and who is evicted from Big Brother.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 00:05   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
The press control our lives these days - they decide who runs the country, what political policies there are and who is evicted from Big Brother.
not disputing that gayle but what they have done today for me is irrisponsible definatly and dangerous probably.
Old 03-06-2006, 00:13   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
You know this.. so what are you going to do about it?
Old 03-06-2006, 00:22   #9
God Member

either my explorer is playing up ..or the server on this site is playing up

Last edited by Mancie; 03-06-2006 at 00:28.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:18   #10
I am Banned

i got to admit one paper did a great service to the public when they printed names and pictures of child molestors , hopefully some well deserved kickings got handed out because of it although i did hear there were a few innocent people who looked liek the perverts who got a kicking which was unfortunate

on a whole though i would say the press has way too much power but i will grant them that they stick to their freedom of the press like glue where as we have let our rights to freedom of speech go down the drain
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 01:33   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
i got to admit one paper did a great service to the public when they printed names and pictures of child molestors , hopefully some well deserved kickings got handed out because of it although i did hear there were a few innocent people who looked liek the perverts who got a kicking which was unfortunate

on a whole though i would say the press has way too much power but i will grant them that they stick to their freedom of the press like glue where as we have let our rights to freedom of speech go down the drain
but YOU look like a pervert to me..should I give you a good kicking?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:14   #12
Senior Member+

hola people

i'm in happy happy hawaii now!!
Old 03-06-2006, 16:31   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie
but YOU look like a pervert to me..should I give you a good kicking?
aww bless mummy finaly told you what it was i was doing to her arse when you walked in on us did she

Last edited by chav1; 03-06-2006 at 16:42.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 00:46   #14
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
aww bless mummy finaly told you what it was i was doing to her arse when you walked in on us did she
OMG you weren't 'decorating' the Christmas tree were you?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..