Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-01-2009, 13:23   #136

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well, the thing with Harry is worrying really in as much as that somebody who obviously Harry classed as a friend and comrade sold him down the river for 30 pieces of silver, that's what would bother me more than anything if I was on active service, knowing that a person, who is supposed to be watching your back, has actually stabbed him in the back in that way just to make a few quid
From what I understand of the situation with Harry`s predicament it was the uncle of Harry`s comrade and his PC brigade who sold Harry down the river.
Loyalty to these spokesmen who represents these communities I believe will always come first and their only other loyalty is Harry`s Grandmothers pound sterling
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-01-2009, 16:13   #137
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
From what I understand of the situation with Harry`s predicament it was the uncle of Harry`s comrade and his PC brigade who sold Harry down the river.
Loyalty to these spokesmen who represents these communities I believe will always come first and their only other loyalty is Harry`s Grandmothers pound sterling
Well it was the guy who took the film in the first place never mind his uncle, if this guy had anything about him he'd have made sure that this didn't hit the papers, but that's the trouble today people are prepared to sell their soul and principles for personal gain, just ask Tony Blair
Old 15-01-2009, 17:25   #138
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
people are prepared to sell their soul and principles for personal gain, just ask Tony Blair
Or Neil Hamilton.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 20:40   #139

Being a Pakki and served in the British Army, I say what happens in the Barrack Room should stay in the Barrack Room. In Haary's case it appears that it was more affectionate than racist and as someone said in an earlier post, it it did not offend the recipient then why all the furore. In the forces you give as good as you get that is the nature or Army life. There are more important things going on in the world than being called names. This week is Rememberance Sunday and we should be thinking of all those that gave their lives so we could live freely and have the opportunity to call people names.
Pheonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 22:04   #140
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post
Being a Pakki and served in the British Army, I say what happens in the Barrack Room should stay in the Barrack Room. In Haary's case it appears that it was more affectionate than racist and as someone said in an earlier post, it it did not offend the recipient then why all the furore. In the forces you give as good as you get that is the nature or Army life. There are more important things going on in the world than being called names. This week is Rememberance Sunday and we should be thinking of all those that gave their lives so we could live freely and have the opportunity to call people names.
Good lad Phoenix, i missed this thread when it started, due to being outa the country, its just the usual balls from the press, stirring up as they do,i worked fer near 23 yrs wi mostly asians n had n still have many mates amongst em, those were addressed as pakkis by me, they addressed me as Mr Barsteward, twas just good fun n craic, no offense taken either way, yet even on here i was once reported by a young political ****** fer using the word in the chatroom, was well before this thread was even started, i notice that ****** aint commented at all on the thread, speaks volumes about him to me.
Old 12-11-2010, 22:43   #141
God Member

I don't think Harry is racist at all..when you are in life or death situations like those in the forces face it does not matter what or who the bloke watching your back is as long as you have trust in him to back you up.. I think that came across.
There is a line that is to be drawn, if calling someone a nigger or pakki and it is meant as an insult.. then you are asking for trouble..that's the difference.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 23:00   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't think Harry is racist at all..when you are in life or death situations like those in the forces face it does not matter what or who the bloke watching your back is as long as you have trust in him to back you up.. I think that came across.
There is a line that is to be drawn, if calling someone a nigger or pakki and it is meant as an insult.. then you are asking for trouble..that's the difference.
agree i don't think he's racist, it is how its meant, trouble is mancie those who can't or won't see the difference. thats were the trouble begins.
Old 13-11-2010, 09:23   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree i don't think he's racist, it is how its meant, trouble is mancie those who can't or won't see the difference. thats were the trouble begins.
And there's a lot of them about cashy, sadly

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..