Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 09:39   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

Having seen the video, i dont think that this is Racist in any way. He used the phrase "my **** friend" and it was said in a nonchalent, friendly manner. Surely its how words are used and the manner in which they are used which should determine if somethings offensive or not. When i was a young lad it was common to say things such as "i,m just going down to the **** shop" purely as a means of distinguishing which shop you were going to, it was only done as a means of shortening the word Pakistani. No offence was ever meant by it. Blimey, how often are we called "Brits" by various people, and most times its meant in a friendly way. You never hear anyone saying they are offended by being called a Brit as opposed to British. Again, its the PC brigade who think they have to decide for us whats right and wrong, rather than using common sense. The more that people feel surpressed from using launguage in an easy manner, then the more that resentment is allowed to fester, which then causes problems. I hardly feel that the Mirror and News of the World are paragons of virtue, so their criticism is a bit of a joke!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 09:42   #17
God Member

I must admit i have always wondered why Pakistani being shortened to `****` is deemed to be offensive........... like you say Taggy British becomes `Brit` and i`m not offended.....
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43   #18
Senior Member+

Good Grief i dont believe it!! The point i am trying to make has just been compounded when i look at my post and noticed the word that i used (same as Prince Harry) has been censored....yet the word BRITS has been left in!!...Rather underlines the point i was making....why has the word been predetermined as offensive to use on here, no matter which manner its being used in??

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 11-01-2009, 09:45   #19
God Member

I was under the impression that using an asterix instead of a word was frowned upon on here............. but anyway i would like the word `Brit` censored if you could......please
Old 11-01-2009, 09:54   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
I was under the impression that using an asterix instead of a word was frowned upon on here............. but anyway i would like the word `Brit` censored if you could......please
Not when the auto-censor kicks in, that word was added to the list after a long and boring argument in a thread a few years ago, the details of which have un/fortunately been lost in time.

P.S. How is asterixs' little dog getting on these days, I haven't read about his comic escapades in years though I have found a site, so I will be able to catch up.

ASTERIX - The official Website
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:56   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Not when the auto-censor kicks in, that word was added to the list after a long and boring argument in a thread a few years ago, the details of which have un/fortunately been lost in time.

P.S. How is asterixs' little dog getting on these days, I haven't read about his comic escapades in years though I have found a site, so I will be able to catch up.

ASTERIX - The official Website
....Well could i respectfully ask for it to be removed from the auto-censor list please! (Anyone agree?)

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

Thanx, i did wonder as no Mods were online...............
Old 11-01-2009, 10:01   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
....Well could i respectfully ask for it to be removed from the auto-censor list please! (Anyone agree?)

Or at least add the word `Brits` to the list..............
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15   #24
Senior Member+

anyway the pakki thing shouldn't be the point.....im extremely offended by the way they extract the urine out of harry for being GINGER...thats a far more pressing point IMO...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:24   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
anyway the pakki thing shouldn't be the point.....im extremely offended by the way they extract the urine out of harry for being GINGER...thats a far more pressing point IMO...
LOL!!.....and well done BR, you've found a way of bypassing the auto-censor by spelling Pakki with 2 k's!!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09   #26
Resting in Peace

How stupid is this..... it's called forces humour and anything that gets our boys and girls through the hard times they face there so what:

Leave him alone and let him do his job... and the rest of the forces:

Racist this and racist that.... totally sick of it all.... I personally find nothing wrong with what he is saying.....
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:48   #27
Senior Member+

It must be a slow day news wise to bring this rubbish up. If it was anyone of us who had said this would it be on national news. NOOOOOOO.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:58   #28
Resting in Peace

I was told it was an Acronym representing the regions of the country.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04   #29
Resting in Peace

I think we should be more annoyed at the pathetic editor of NOTW, who has just been trying to justify on the ITV news, his paper printing the none story in the first place, to quote what he said " He thought that almost everybody in the country would be appalled at Harry's racist comments," no they won't you plank, more like you trying to justify your huge salary printing crap like this

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..