Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 13:13   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

Of course it wasn't racist !! We hear bantering like this every day between friends calling each other what could be interpreted in a derogatory way if twisted. Anyone who has had teenage lads in their house will know how they 'insult' each other all the time; just light-hearted fun though ...

Never heard the other expression for the Hindus before, but I have now ...

What got me was the this spokesman from the Ramadhan Foundation says that an apology does not make it right ... "he should now reach out to show his remorse to the Pakistani population".

Shall we put him in the stocks, so that the 'offended' can pelt bad eggs at him ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 13:17   #32
Caz
God Member

He's even getting slated for "disrespecting" his gran in the video, for saying "God save you" at the end of his phone call in front of his mates. Geez...come on!!

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 13:55   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
What got me was the this spokesman from the Ramadhan Foundation says that an apology does not make it right ... "he should now reach out to show his remorse to the Pakistani population".
Whilst he was comdemning Harry did the spokesman for the Ramadan Foundation also condemn the killers in Afghanistan everytime a soldier gets killed ?
Old 11-01-2009, 14:30   #34
God Member

why has it taken 3 years to come to light? bloody pathetic if you ask me, leave the poor lad alone
Old 11-01-2009, 14:31   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think the PC brigade are scrapping the barrel with this one, when I first said this I thought it had happened last week, but 3 years ago, do me a favour
I wonder if Harry`s colleague uncle`s brigade is at the back of this
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 14:41   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
How stupid is this..... it's called forces humour and anything that gets our boys and girls through the hard times they face there so what:

Leave him alone and let him do his job... and the rest of the forces:

Racist this and racist that.... totally sick of it all.... I personally find nothing wrong with what he is saying.....
Well said Maggie
Old 11-01-2009, 14:42   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Matthew View Post
The worlds gone mad.
No only in Britain could this take place
Old 11-01-2009, 15:04   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Of course it wasn't racist !! We hear bantering like this every day between friends calling each other what could be interpreted in a derogatory way if twisted. Anyone who has had teenage lads in their house will know how they 'insult' each other all the time; just light-hearted fun though ...

Never heard the other expression for the Hindus before, but I have now ...

Shall we put him in the stocks, so that the 'offended' can pelt bad eggs at him ?
This Ramadhan spokesman`s brigade should have all funds withdrawn if this is correct,They want Harry to now reach out to show his remorse to the Pakistani population. They will be asking for Harry`s Grandmother to show remorse next. I think Harry`s ancesters would have delt quite appropriately with this foundation
Old 11-01-2009, 15:05   #39
God Member

For gods sake what next ? They are squaddies doing what squaddies do . that is just what i would expect anyone of them to say. but because its Harry all hell breaks out.
I agree they are scraping the bottom of the barrel and wether it was 3yrs , 3 weeks or 3 mins ago makes no difference. I doubt Achmed would not really be bothered about it . infact he probably had his own term for Harry
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 15:08   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordie View Post
I wonder if Harry`s colleague uncle`s brigade is at the back of this
Well, if he didn't Gordie, should certainly be accused of incitement, as should the Ramadhan guy ... making it larger than life ! Wasn't there a guy called
Shylock that wouldn't rest until he had his pound of flesh (mind you, would have to be Halal). Now, I will appear racist for that remark I suppose !

Oh no ! now an M.P. sticking in his oar ...

Agree with Magpie ... sick of the whole racist thing from this particular group jumping on at every opportunity.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 15:23   #41
God Member

This barmy!!!! If we get to the stage were we have to watch what we say then does that mean that saying to my mates after the pub "I am of for a chinky" is going to be spit roasted by the Race Relation and PC band? So from now on on that bases I cant call a Scottish person a Scot as an Englishman I am being racist!!!! God help us. Its out of hand esp when at work they were serious about hauling a guy over the coals over a jokey remark he made about me as they thought it racist. Christ I take it in the nature its intended ie as a joke. They take it so serious its beyond belief!!!!!

Its time those in power tried to;

GET A GRIP AFORE WE CAVE IN UNDER THIS PISH !!!!!!!!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 16:50   #42
Give, give, give member

Brit, Frenchie, Aussie.

All shortened forms of the full name, and not deemed offensive.

Perhaps you can also be accused of racism if you say Czech, rather than some Czechosovak?

All a bit sad really.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 16:53   #43
Senior Member+

But how many of those terms have been regularly used in a derogatory and offensive way?

I don't get involved in these types of threads anymore, but I'm sure you're smart enough to know the difference between those terms and the one used in this case.
Old 11-01-2009, 16:55   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Brit, Frenchie, Aussie.Czech

Err how come the auto censor hasn`t kicked in...............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 17:05   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
But how many of those terms have been regularly used in a derogatory and offensive way?
I bet 'Brits' has been used many times in a derogatory way, especially where the sun is hot and the beer is cheap.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..