Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 17:09   #46
God Member

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Brit, Frenchie, Aussie.

All shortened forms of the full name, and not deemed offensive.

Perhaps you can also be accused of racism if you say Czech, rather than some Czechosovak?

All a bit sad really.
Wonder if the shading has anything to do with it? It seem that there is a small bunch of narrow minded blinkered lackies attached to a quango that get paid a lot of money to spout of dung. It all depends on how people take it and at the moment they dont get a say. All it does is increase hostility to those who are supposed to be offended because some jobsworth thinks they are offended. At this rate they will insist on a complete restucturing of the English language so that anything that might be deemed offence or be percived as offensive by one person is removed and deemed illegal to use. Towns will be renamed along with streets roads avenues lanes etc.

There is way to much interferance from dogooders in our lives as it is without this kind of mindless nonsense. We are smart enough (though some think otherwise) to know when a remark will cause offence to another. We have let it go on so long that now we are powerless to stop the interference in our lives and thinking that we just have to accept it. Common sense has now been confined to history and we can do nothing to be allowed to use it again. Soon the courts will be full of people being tried for so called racial remark injury. It has now reached the stage were this PC jugernaught cannot be stopped or even slowed down and it is going to run us over without stopping.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 17:19   #47
God Member

Sky are milking this story beyond belief.
There is now talk that Harry may be disciplined for something that occured three years ago?
He starts a new job this week.....does prince Rupert up in sky not want him to have it?
Absolute and utter rubbish.
This will help relations no end.....I dont mean Harry's comment but the stupid media.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 17:30   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Sky are milking this story beyond belief.
There is now talk that Harry may be disciplined for something that occured three years ago?
He starts a new job this week.....does prince Rupert up in sky not want him to have it?
Absolute and utter rubbish.
This will help relations no end.....I dont mean Harry's comment but the stupid media.

The media are looking for something that isnt related to our economic woes and this is the best they could do.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 17:38   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
The media are looking for something that isnt related to our economic woes and this is the best they could do.
You could be right........another thought. You dont think Jock Brown kick started his spinners do you?

Sorry Spuggy......could'nt resist that one.

Old 11-01-2009, 17:44   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
You could be right........another thought. You dont think Jock Brown kick started his spinners do you?

Sorry Spuggy......could'nt resist that one.

That useless fifer couldnt kick start an old bike let alone something to take the medias gaze from the economic issues. The only spinners he has are the ones that have " what to do next" answers on them. Even the bulls in Spain wouldnt want to charge him he aint worth it.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 17:46   #51
Resting in Peace

We There are all kinds of nick names Taffy, Mike(Irish) Paddy (Irish) See you Jimmy, Danes, Swedes, I'm sure Glasgow Guy don't go off in a huff if the word Jock is used as a term of endearment, so whats so offensive at shortening Pakistani,. Its only offencive when you have some kind of hidden agenda
Old 11-01-2009, 17:51   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
We There are all kinds of nick names Taffy, Mike(Irish) Paddy (Irish) See you Jimmy, Danes, Swedes, I'm sure Glasgow Guy don't go off in a huff if the word Jock is used as a term of endearment, so whats so offensive at shortening Pakistani,. Its only offencive when you have some kind of hidden agenda
Those causing this issue are the ones with a hidden agenda not people in general. It boils down to these peoples aggenda is to control us at every level of our lives. Independent thought is something to be supressed at whatever cost.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 17:58   #53
God Member

Quote:

I completely agree with you there Jaysay..............
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 18:00   #54
God Member

So what if we just called them stan instead?

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 18:11   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
So what if we just called them stan instead?
I prefer Hamilton Accies. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The lad's obviously been reading his grandfather's best-seller, 'My Bumper Book of Gaffes'.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 11-01-2009 at 18:13.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 18:20   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I prefer Hamilton Accies. I don't know what all the fuss is about. The lad's obviously been reading his grandfather's best-seller, 'My Bumper Book of Gaffes'.

Better watch that Hamilton Accedemicals FC dont take offence at that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 18:48   #57
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

It also states that harry uses the word 'raghead', for taliban......LOL

I find all this pakki business etc.. rather amusing as well as pathetic there are more important things going on in the world to worry about than a bloody name!
Old 11-01-2009, 18:53   #58

Quote:
I disagree, the person who is the recipetent of the remark is surely the one who should judge if the remark was offensive, and so far we dont seem to have heard from him.

The Press do need to create stories, and this one certainly seems to have done what it was intended to do, and cause controversy.

All the Royals do need to remember that they are constantly in the public eye - the younger ones and a certain old one do tend to forget that alarmingly often.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 18:55   #59
God Member

Just seen the vid on the news and all the crap being spouted. It is beyond a joke!!!

Here is an example of why we need to use our own judgement and is not aimed at anyone so those in power and spouting off are as guilty as Harry in a way.

Tory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the political tradition of some English-speaking countries, the term Tory is a derogatory insult referring to a variety of political parties and creeds ...

In the United Kingdom, after 1832 and supersession of the Tory Party by the Conservative Party "Tory" has become shorthand for a member of the Conservative Party or for the party in general, sometimes but by no means always as a term of abuse.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 18:58   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
It also states that harry uses the word 'raghead', for taliban......LOL
I've used that term before now for friends......like:
Wer ta goin raghead?....or wats tha bin up to raghead?
I'm sure the Taliban and what they stand for would come in for some better old Lancashire expressions that I dare put on here?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..