Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 19:00   #61
God Member

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly
so far we dont seem to have heard from him
I don't think you're likely to. Or is he a member on here?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 19:03   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
I've used that term before now for friends......like:
Wer ta goin raghead?....or wats tha bin up to raghead?
I'm sure the Taliban and what they stand for would come in for some better old Lancashire expressions that I dare put on here?
Go for it.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 19:10   #63
God Member

How can anyone accuse Harry of racism? Look at his grandparents on his father's side, ones a kraut, the other a greasy Greek and that Spuggie's nowt but a haggis bashing Jock.

Old 11-01-2009, 19:29   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
How can anyone accuse Harry of racism? Look at his grandparents on his father's side, ones a kraut, the other a greasy Greek and that Spuggie's nowt but a haggis bashing Jock.

Was born in Accy. Dad is a Scot Mum English.

Were is the race relation police when you want em????? I am the wrong shade so they must be

Nice comments though.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 19:55   #65
God Member

Has anyone noticed how I insulted three different races and the automatic censor never blinked an eyelid. Use the abbreviation for a certain Asian country, however, and asterisks begin to appear as if by magic.

Old 11-01-2009, 20:07   #66
God Member

I am sorry folks....I tried to reply to this post but doubleclick took priority.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 20:08   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
We There are all kinds of nick names Taffy, Mike(Irish) Paddy (Irish) See you Jimmy, Danes, Swedes, I'm sure Glasgow Guy don't go off in a huff if the word Jock is used as a term of endearment, so whats so offensive at shortening Pakistani,. Its only offencive when you have some kind of hidden agenda

Now you mention it, wonder what happened to my lawsuit against Accy Web for constantly being racially abused as a Dingle
Old 11-01-2009, 20:14   #68
Resting in Peace

Who can forget Jim Bowen and his 'nig-nog' comment ... all innocent ..

Worked aside Gobbiners for years .. go on .. have a go at that !! LOL

If the Pakistanis didn't make such a big deal about this, then maybe we could all live together with a little more understanding. It is them that are dividing us And it's not going to get any better if they carry on with their prejudice against us.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 20:17   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Now you mention it, wonder what happened to my lawsuit against Accy Web for constantly being racially abused as a Dingle
Dave......You know, I know and evryone on earth knows that a dingle is a dingle.
You have admitted that many times on here so how can you form a defence?...........It would be thrown out...so save your money.

Old 11-01-2009, 20:19   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Who can forget Jim Bowen and his 'nig-nog' comment ... all innocent ..

Worked aside Gobbiners for years .. go on .. have a go at that !! LOL

If the Pakistanis didn't make such a big deal about this, then maybe we could all live together with a little more understanding. It is them that are dividing us And it's not going to get any better if they carry on with their prejudice against us.
Its those that interfere that make it worse. Most dont bother but there will always be some that do and get into a tit for tat over it. So preudice workes both ways. Now its not just asians at it but also those of eastern European origin as well.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 20:22   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Its those that interfere that make it worse. Most dont bother but there will always be some that do and get into a tit for tat over it. So preudice workes both ways. Now its not just asians at it but also those of eastern European origin as well.

True Spuggie .. as someone said earlier, we have learned to laugh at ourselves, unfortunately, would appear immigrants have no sense of humour ...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 20:24   #72
God Member

Quote:
True Spuggie .. as someone said earlier, we have learned to laugh at ourselves, unfortunately, would appear immigrants have no sense of humour ...
Oh yes they do Kate.....We are the laughing stock of the modern world.

I hope our local MP's pick up on this thread and act accordingly...........As if?

Last edited by Royboy39; 11-01-2009 at 20:29.
Old 11-01-2009, 20:32   #73
God Member

Quote:
They will have humour but different to ours. It is like comedians we like some more than others based on their humour. I dont like dead pan humour yet others do and my liking of Billy Connelly would raise tuts from others. We need to work, we as all creeds colours religion on understanding each other. This is 21C multi cultural, multi religious, multi racial multinational country. Its a pity the poo stirers dont put as much effort into helping all reach common ground as they do in causing trouble.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 20:50   #74
God Member

Why has this taken three years to be reported if the bloke was so offended?

It's stories like this that make people racist. I agree with others on here who have said that the shortened version of Pakistani is only the same as calling us Brits. Why is it only offensive on one side?
Old 11-01-2009, 20:57   #75
Passed away 25-11-09

Prince Harry called his friend a paqui. So what? You don't use names that might be offensive, to your friends, unless you really are a friend and, as the bloke hasn't sued him or caused an uproar himself, they are obviously on good terms and above that sort of stupidity.

It's nearly 50 years ago since I started work in the tax office in Bury. I was 17 and lived with my parents in West End. There was a chap there who, from Day 1, called me nothing but Ossy because of my birthplace. He knew my name but he never once used it. I could have been offended. I could, as a 17 year-old girl, have been upset but I wasn't. Cliff was about 30 years older than me but I regarded him as a good friend and I went along with his nickname for me because I knew there was no malice intended.

This is all so silly and, while I'm no royalist, I think Harry has been treated shabbily. Like his grandpa, he can't do right for doing wrong.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..