Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2009, 20:58   #76
God Member

Re: Prince Harry accused of racism

I will 'Kow Tow' to no-one, why should I?
I like the humour of Billy Connelly and enjoyed the humour of the likes of Bernard Manning.
Sometimes OTT but funny, he fell on his arse in India but such is life.
Are we the Morons that are expected to believe that Harry should be subjected to the inquisition that occured fn France?
The lad is a Prince by birth and to my mind has done nothing wrong.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2009, 20:58   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Why has this taken three years to be reported if the bloke was so offended?

It's stories like this that make people racist. I agree with others on here who have said that the shortened version of Pakistani is only the same as calling us Brits. Why is it only offensive on one side?
Because some overpaid jobsworth says so. They are the real problem.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 22:03   #78
Resting in Peace

More worried about the word Stan, seems to creep into a lot of problems worldwide.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:27   #79
God Member

Makes one wonder how many of the political correct News of the World readers have NEVER used the offending word
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:04   #80

what aload of tosh!! This lad is doing more than the rest of the royalfamily put together to support his country.

Incidentally there is already a facebookgroup set up to support himwith this,wonder of the NOTW will update us on how many people actually do (type support Prince Harry in search box and it comes up, ive joined lol)
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:49   #81
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I disagree, the person who is the recipetent of the remark is surely the one who should judge if the remark was offensive, and so far we dont seem to have heard from him.

The Press do need to create stories, and this one certainly seems to have done what it was intended to do, and cause controversy.

All the Royals do need to remember that they are constantly in the public eye - the younger ones and a certain old one do tend to forget that alarmingly often.
Ged a life for gods sake
Old 12-01-2009, 08:56   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Who can forget Jim Bowen and his 'nig-nog' comment ... all innocent ..

Worked aside Gobbiners for years .. go on .. have a go at that !! LOL

If the Pakistanis didn't make such a big deal about this, then maybe we could all live together with a little more understanding. It is them that are dividing us And it's not going to get any better if they carry on with their prejudice against us.
GOBBINERS, GOBBINERS how dare you kate, that's disgusting, you have really hurt you feelings now, there will be a protest march leaving the Civic Theatre at 1pm Saturday, bring your own banner, destination the Lamp
Old 12-01-2009, 09:04   #83
Resting in Peace

Well of course now its gone stupid, its been reported this morning that some terrorist are now after revenge for the dastardly deed, wonder if the self serving smug bottom feeding Editor of the NOTW just for one nanosecond thought of that inevitable aspect of his none store before he thought it was a good idea to make it a front page headline of his rag
Old 12-01-2009, 09:47   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
So what if we just called them stan instead?
Whoaah....now now, you've gone way to far there! As an avid Laurel and Hardy fan i take great offence to this...please expect a visit from the "sons of the desert tickle committee" very soon!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 17:46   #85
Passed away 25-11-09

It's all relevant to varying situations, isn't it? Apparently Harry was talking to the queen on the phone one day and he ended the conversation by saying,

"Granny, I've got to go. Love to the corgis and grandpa. God save you."

Ooh, how irreverent. How dare he mock our sovereign like that? I demand an apology.
Old 12-01-2009, 17:49   #86
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

LOL, I like harry
Old 12-01-2009, 18:34   #87
God Member

Wonder if all the reporters and the likes will have to apologise for using this word.
Of course not, they aint royalty are they ?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 19:03   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Well, if he didn't Gordie, should certainly be accused of incitement, as should the Ramadhan guy ... making it larger than life ! Wasn't there a guy called
Shylock that wouldn't rest until he had his pound of flesh (mind you, would have to be Halal). Now, I will appear racist for that remark I suppose !

Oh no ! now an M.P. sticking in his oar ...

Agree with Magpie ... sick of the whole racist thing from this particular group jumping on at every opportunity.
well said Katex .this ramadhan foundation spokesman is short of a good kick in the pants or few of these
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 19:40   #89
God Member

I wonder why it is that HMG in all its forms refers to people of Bengladeshi origin (once known as East Pakistan) as Bengali but will not refer to people of Pakistan origin (once known as West Pakistan) origin as ****?

Bloody hell....the censors are busy tonight
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 19:46   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I wonder why it is that HMG in all its forms refers to people of Bengladeshi origin (once known as East Pakistan) as Bengali but will not refer to people of Pakistan origin (once known as West Pakistan) origin as ****?

Bloody hell....the censors are busy tonight
Its to hard for them to comprehend me thinks.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..