Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2015, 19:40   #16
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Prince Harry leaving the armed forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

.....It may well be "shi-ite" as you say but (like it or not) it's a opinion I'm entitled to.

Bought with the sacrifices of those military you are presently slating

The fact he's a prince is irrelevant and like I've already said the lad deserve's (a little) respect for serving his country.

And having snide digs is respect is it?

"ragheads" with the equivalent of peashooters..

AK47's & RPG are the standard for terrorists & various military forces throughout the world, hardly " peashooters"

I apologise if my finding the fact he is killing "ragheads" as a participant in an a (illegal) war disgusting.

Your opinion, fine, but somewhere you mentioned having relatives & friends in the military, so by your logic you'd sooner have them as casualties than the likes of Jihadi John & his ilk?

but, I know blowing stuff to pieces, killing folk, and generally trying to prove you've the biggest Richard isn't the best way to make them "ragheads" reconsider their position.

9/11, 7/7, Boston bombing, decapitation of aid workers & innocent civilians from aid convoys helping displaced peoples & refugee "ragheads".

Take a moment and think how many "ragheads" lives our boys have made a living hell by blowing 'their' relatives to pieces.

Believe me I have,(added to that I've also been there & done the job). Until you've walked a mile in these lads shoes & been where they've been you're better keeping your student outrage & liberal hand wringing, British self loathing attitude shelved! Until you've lived the life & seen the reality first hand your opinion is worthless.
This is just my opinion mind, same as you, I believe I'm entitled to have my tuppence worth. (But mines backed with actual experience)
Old 28-02-2015, 19:47   #17
JFT96

Well said Dave

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 20:23   #18
Beacon of light

Jason by calling those Taliban fighters 'ragheads" it shows a level of disrespect.
You do not respect the British army and their role in the conflict....Remember, these lads and lasses do not choose where they will fight...governments decree where they go.
Neither do you respect the Taliban or their families.....so exactly what is the point to this thread.
You don't seem to have a fluent argument.
Yes you have a right to an opinion, as we all do....but you have to decide whether you are on the side of the bleeding heart liberals or the patriots....you know, those guys who lay down their lives so that you might have an opinion and be able to express it.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 28-02-2015 at 20:29.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 20:39   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The clown that started this thread, wouldn't in my opinion,know a fact if it smacked him in the kisser,
Less and Eric like this.
Old 01-03-2015, 00:21   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
This is just my opinion mind, same as you, I believe I'm entitled to have my tuppence worth. (But mines backed with actual experience)
Watching (all be it, on the news etc) our lads/lasses (inc relatives & friends) fighting an dying, in a war we should never have been involved in, just leaves a sour/bitter taste in my mouth and I will never support their artifice.
To me, it seems reasonable to say that those fighters who are fighting with rusty (antiquated) weapons and minimal protection are braver than the average British soldier and their multi million pound weapons arsenal
Anyhow,it is fair that our military be treated with a modicum of respect,so i won't comment any further on this thread after this....

.....Take a life to save a life? I don't buy it,i'd sooner have my relatives & friends around me, is that too much to ask?.

Your (more than) entitled to have your "tuppence worth" but,with all due respect, the old "your comment is worthless" unless you've "been there & done","Until you've walked a mile in these lads shoes" & "been where they've been" is wearing a bit on the thin side.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 00:26   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The clown that started this thread, wouldn't in my opinion,know a fact if it smacked him in the kisser,
If there was a news story headlined "Prince Harry Walks on Water" he would start a thread titled "Prince Harry Can't Swim." It's not only conservation and helping poor kids in Lesotho that will take up his time, it's also his work with wounded ex-servicemen. And I personally don't see too much wrong with trying to help out a planet heading for hell on square wheels, and trying to do something for those poor kids whose lives start out as shiite and get worse as time goes on.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 03:00   #22

Oh, dear! AccyX you’ve done it again. Started off a thread with an opinion then changed midstream, then back-peddled, agreed, disagreed, then tried to be of like mind with others, until I for one have no idea what you really think or why you ever started this thread in the first place.

Maybe your posting No. 120 on the Cannabis thread in which you refer to the ‘effects to the mind’ – and I’m deliberately leaving out the word ‘positive’ - explains it all…and honestly, ducky, I’m really not out to ‘get AccyX’ – it’s just that you leave yourself wide open.
AccyMad, Eric and DaveinGermany like this.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 06:14   #23
God Member

we are involved in a war we have no buisness in .I would go as far to say that the terrorist strikes we have suffered and are defending ourselves from up to present day are all Tony Blairs fault who lied his arse off because he wanted a war to cement his name in history.Equally to blame are those MPs who blindly followed tony blair infact them that said things such as " i knew my constituants didnt want to go to war but i thought different " are not far behind blair with the blame for what we suffer today.

saying that ..

our soldiers are not to blame for the war they are merely pawns in MPs games of war and have to go where they are sent.

perhaps if MPs had to go to the front line of any war they decide to start they may think twice before sending our loved ones to risk life and limb

our soldiers didnt ask for this war and as safe as some may think they are our soldiers face been beheaded if captured so the more unfair it is in our lads favour the better
DaveinGermany likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:52   #24

I support the monarchy as a system of government, because I feel that having a head of state ABOVE the cut and thrust of politics is a good thing. The Presidential system in other countries has thrown up some dodgy characters as heads of state.

What irritates me is the way the Royal Family has become a soap opera, with everything each of them does reported in minor detail.

What Prince Harry does is up to Prince Harry. He is entitled to the same degree of privacy that EVERY other citizen enjoys. If he served with distinction in Afghanistan, I give that exactly the same degree of respect (which of course is immense) as every other young person doing the same.

No more and no less.
hyndburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:42   #25
JFT96

Quote:
Watching (all be it, on the news etc) our lads/lasses (inc relatives & friends) fighting an dying, in a war we should never have been involved in, just leaves a sour/bitter taste in my mouth and I will never support their artifice.

If you bothered to research, you would see the beginings of Bin Laden's animosity towards the west, dates back yo the Iraq Invasion Of Kuwait in 1990 and the Saudi Royal family prefering American and Allied support rather than Bin Laden's Mujahideen.
This resulted in Bin Laden, eventually, taking refuge in Afghanistan and issuing a Fatwa in 1998 quote:

The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies—civilians and military—is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque [in Jerusalem] and the holy mosque [in Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim. This is in accordance with the words of Almighty Allah, 'and fight the pagans all together as they fight you all together,' and 'fight them until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah'

The turning point was the attacks on 9/11(and please don't try to explain them as a false flag or otherwise, you will lose that arguement), this resulted in combat operations in Afghanistan and later Iraq

To me, it seems reasonable to say that those fighters who are fighting with rusty (antiquated) weapons and minimal protection are braver than the average British soldier and their multi million pound weapons arsenal

SO how do you explain how the Afghan Mujahideen managing to give the Soviet Red Army a bloody nose during the 1980's?

Anyhow,it is fair that our military be treated with a modicum of respect,so i won't comment any further on this thread after this....
Modicum.......to me ANYONE who serves in our's or our allies armed forces, derserves our upmost respect.
.....Take a life to save a life? I don't buy it,i'd sooner have my relatives & friends around me, is that too much to ask?.
I am sure most if not all of our armed forces would rather be at home with their families.

Your (more than) entitled to have your "tuppence worth" but,with all due respect, the old "your comment is worthless" unless you've "been there & done","Until you've walked a mile in these lads shoes" & "been where they've been" is wearing a bit on the thin side.
People like Dave have been PROTECTING YOUR RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH for many many years, your arguements and for that matter comments are wearing very very thin.

Old 01-03-2015, 12:46   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

You do realise you've just wasted a great deal of red ink?
Even if he bothers to read it, it is obvious to anyone that has half a brain he will never understand what it means.

Anyone that can be so contrary to every free thinker deserves the world that's coming to him as he does an imitation of an ostrich with his head stuck somewhere that the sand doesn't go!
Boeing Guy likes this.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 13:00   #27
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:

Well bully for you mate! It's nice to have morals & standards to laud about, only your right to this opinion & dogmatic belief has been secured for you by ........ ?

If they're so damned brave, why do they hide behind women, kids & old people? Why don't they put on a uniform so they can be identified as a combatant instead of skulking about & cravenly planting IED's, which kill indiscriminately?

If you wish to give our military the respect they deserve don't open your fool mouth & spout your ignorant comments.

i'd sooner have my relatives & friends around me, is that too much to ask?.

Don't you think the families of the troops on the ground aren't filled with the same desire? But they, along with most right thinking folk understand the vagaries of service life & as such bear the hardships with the understanding, that whatever their loved ones are doing is out of necessity & not choice.

Your (more than) entitled to have your "tuppence worth"

You're damned right I am, I've paid my dues to the country & it's people, even those who despised me & my comrades for trying to make the world a better & safer place & if that has to be done by force of arms then so be it.

but,with all due respect, the old "your comment is worthless" unless you've "been there & done","Until you've walked a mile in these lads shoes" & "been where they've been"

Really Fella? If you wanted your car fixing would you go to some young college graduate studying philosophy to get it fixed? Or you're bleeding badly, I'm sure you'd get the opinion of a parking attendant instead of a qualified doctor or nurse! So whose comments carry the more worth here then?

is wearing a bit on the thin side.

Much like your tedious & annoying simplistic student illogical ideological prattle
Once again, your naivety & simplistic ignorance of facts & an understanding of how nasty the big wide world can really be shines through unadulterated. Still, as you're no longer intending to comment on this misbegotten thread you started, we should at least be thankful for small mercies!
Old 01-03-2015, 14:14   #28
JFT96

Even Dave's run out of red now. Sorry

Old 01-03-2015, 14:24   #29
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
You do realise you've just wasted a great deal of red ink?
I thought it was blood
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 23:05   #30
Full Member+

Glad my son will know he and his buddies will be safe according to your comment
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..