Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2015, 05:48   #31
God Member

Re: Prince Harry leaving the armed forces

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Angel View Post
Glad my son will know he and his buddies will be safe according to your comment
i recall a story where uk troops had to wear high viz jackets over their comoflauge when in afghanistan when on base which kinda makes them easy for snipers to see

this must be our governments way of leveling the playing field

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2015, 21:11   #32

Harry was never a real soldier as is his brother,all bull.
jack preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 22:43   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack preston View Post
Does one presume that you have experience of flying an attack helicopter in combat conditions?
US Angel, Eric and maxthecollie like this.
Old 12-03-2015, 16:06   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack preston View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Does one presume that you have experience of flying an attack helicopter in combat conditions?
Now Barry, you can't argue with an expert. jack preston obviously has inside information.

He can probably confirm Harry didn't do the 200 mile trek to the South Pole either.

Or perhaps jack preston is 'all bull'?
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 16:16   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

A royalist i am far from but Jack Preston is all bull to me.
Old 12-03-2015, 17:35   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A royalist i am far from but Jack Preston is all bull to me.
Full of BS more than likely
Old 12-03-2015, 17:43   #37
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Nope I'm not a great royalist either, but the Princes have served their Country, what choice did they have? It's a family business.
They gave their service, has Jack Preston offered as much as they have?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 23:36   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i recall a story where uk troops had to wear high viz jackets over their comoflauge when in afghanistan when on base which kinda makes them easy for snipers to see

this must be our governments way of leveling the playing field
Yes you had to do this at the main operatin base it was just a hi viz belt! With there not being any kind of street lights up it's very hard to see anyone else at night when walking around so the trucks could still see you with the reflective belts!
Old 13-03-2015, 02:27   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
Yes you had to do this at the main operatin base it was just a hi viz belt! With there not being any kind of street lights up it's very hard to see anyone else at night when walking around so the trucks could still see you with the reflective belts!
the pictures shown were of our troops wearing full high viz jackets in daylight over camoflauge not belts

but i wasnt there personally so can only go off what i saw on tv and the internet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 13-03-2015, 19:30   #40
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
the pictures shown were of our troops wearing full high viz jackets in daylight over camoflauge not belts
Health & safety mate, the fact that they're in a combat zone & terry taliban is trying to blow them up & shoot them ......... go figure!
Old 13-03-2015, 22:34   #41
God Member

between high viz jackets and tony blair and labours reluctance to equip our troops adequatly its a miracle they made it home and for those that did make it home it was in no way thanks to anything tony blair and his pals did but the fortitude of our guys and gals

its all forgotten and swept under the carpet now but at the time it was common place to hear how badly our troops were equiped and a lot had to go without basic body armour

Last edited by accyman; 13-03-2015 at 22:39.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..