Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2021, 11:26   #1

Prince Philip

Have just heard the sad news. Rest in Peace, Prince Philip.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2021, 11:38   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Prince Philip

Rest in Peace Prince Philip.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 21:32   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

The passing of owd "Phil the Greek" will most definitely have an outcome on the royals, a proper card he was, not afraid to ruffle feathers GRHS.
cashman and taddy like this.
Old 09-04-2021, 22:20   #4
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
The passing of owd "Phil the Greek" will most definitely have an outcome on the royals, a proper card he was, not afraid to ruffle feathers GRHS.

Just to highlight the point, read, enjoy & remember.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/09/the-b...ed-99-7743496/
Old 10-04-2021, 03:46   #5
Full Member+

There's a lot of people on Twitter calling him a Nazi, mostly Snowflake Social Justice Warriors, who wouldn't know a Nazi if they came goosestepping up to them wearing SS Deathsheads and marched them off to a concentration/extermination camp, whilst they protested "I want to speak to your manager."
Old 10-04-2021, 08:43   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

social media is full of half wits and idiots its no surprise ryewof R.I.P. Prince Philip
Old 10-04-2021, 08:55   #7

R.I.P. Prince Philip
landhusweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:15   #8
God Member

not being a royalist and never have been. anyone who attempts to make something out of any ones death needs to hang their head in shame. as a republican its not the worst day of my life but philip was someones husband, father, grandfather etc etc and should be given respect. the snowflake lefties can again do one and get out of my life. i do not want to either hear or see these pondlife who take something from another human that dies. get a wash, get a life and get out of mine.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 11:43   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i also have never been a royalist but for me nothing but SCUM will post negative about someone dying.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-04-2021, 14:35   #10

Never been much of a royalist but you show some respect to grieving families whoever they may be.
The one thing that does irk is when you see the likes of Sturgeon heaping praise on a man that you know she probably desperately despised. A simple sorry to hear of his death would suffice but with 52% of Scots being pro-Royal she has to role out a string of hollow platitudes to help bolster her political aspirations.
Jimmy Clitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 16:52   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i also have never been a royalist but for me nothing but SCUM will post negative about someone dying.

Can't quite agree with that Cashy mate, there are some really bad people out there & I for one would quite happily smile & say glad it happened, especially those deserving of it, but I understand your point though.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 10-04-2021, 17:38   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Can't quite agree with that Cashy mate, there are some really bad people out there & I for one would quite happily smile & say glad it happened, especially those deserving of it, but I understand your point though.
oh i would dave but i would not post anything on social media. end of day there is family of those people who are innocent of it.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:00   #13
God Member

Quote:
problem is that these scum will be forgotton about when they die so people will never get their day to respond. they know this when they post or say something for their 5 minutes of infamy.
Old 14-04-2021, 11:02   #14
Beacon of light

The people criticising Prince Philip must have self esteem issues.
They must feel that the way of bigging themselves up, is to bad mouth a man who is not here to defend himself....very immature.
It is the adult version of school yard name calling.
Maybe there is an element of social jealousy or envy.
I was taught that you did not speak ill of the dead, because although they could no longer be hurt by barbs, their family could....I was taught that if I could not say something good, then silence was the best option.
The thing about silence is that it can never be held against you or misquoted.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2021, 09:41   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was taught that you did not speak ill of the dead, because although they could no longer be hurt by barbs, their family could....I was taught that if I could not say something good, then silence was the best option.
The thing about silence is that it can never be held against you or misquoted.
silence is certainly the best option. far too many people once they die become saints which is equally as bad as some witch hunt against them. a report of someones death should just be that and nothing more especially where celebraties are concerned. one mans meat in another mans jimmy savile.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..