Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-06-2004, 22:48   #1
Member.

Public Apology

A Very Public Apology

Some days ago, I posted some photographs from my childhood. My aim in doing so was to share my memories of Church Kirk and to jog the memories of others, both to aid those that may recognise the people or scenes depicted within them and to open a forum for others to share theirs.

Unfortunately, my sister has objected to the publication of two of those images. I have sought the assistance of others in order to remove those images from the. I will also edit all of the Threads that I have posted to ensure that no further offence is caused.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to My Sister who wishes not to have her name plastered over the web for publishing them and causing her distress.

Furthermore, I apologise to all members of this site for any inconvenience or distress that may have been caused through any apparent animosity displayed in relation to any discussions between my sister and myself on this site.

I must clarify a statement that I have no editorial control over. I originally joined Accrington web to find members of my extended family and my father Alan Douglas. I recently received a copy of a year old e-mail written by an individual who may have known my father. This e-mail stated that my father might have passed away some six years ago.

Although I generally accept that this may be the case, I choose to seek clarification of the fact from the only people who can give me appropriate facts, and that is my extended family. My father remarried and has had a new family to whom I know he was/is very proud of. I am aware that they may be viewers of this site and I apologise deeply for any distress that may have been caused to them.

To the Moderators…I offer you my withdrawal from the site, if you believe it to be appropriate and that such a withdrawal would be beneficial to the good name of this site and its membership.

Malcolm Alan Douglas
19th June 2004

Last edited by Doug; 21-06-2004 at 09:39.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-06-2004, 23:10   #2
Junior Member+

Re: Public Apology

:engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil: :engsmil:

Last edited by jess^; 21-06-2004 at 20:01.
jess^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 23:16   #3
God Member

Anyone remember that TV series "Dallas"...it was all about a good old family feud...this is better!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 23:21   #4
Junior Member+

lol tealeaf I think i luffs you
jess^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2004, 23:23   #5
God Member

I'm glad someone does!............
Old 19-06-2004, 23:32   #6
Member.

Funny thing...

I have always loved animals and horses in particular. For those horse lovers on the site. I use to come over in the late seventies to spend time with my father. Invariably my visits would end with a visit up to gallows hall farm to see family friends who held the property at that time and had two or three Cobs. Cathy (now in Canada – a fantastic lass. I still miss her). Memories eh…

I am still involved with animals. I spend my holidays looking after a 130 acre farm up in Garstang caring for 30 Welsh Cobs, 80 sheep mostly B***** Suffolk’s, two dogs, 7 hens and two mental geese. The farm belongs to Joyce's (my partner) brother.

Last edited by Doug; 20-06-2004 at 03:19.
Old 19-06-2004, 23:39   #7
God Member

Geese are very good for Christmas
Old 19-06-2004, 23:39   #8
Member.

Tealeaf...

Your a very naughty boy...you shouldn’t encourage her. KIPAX would't be happy if you feud about with someone else...

Last edited by Doug; 20-06-2004 at 00:31.
Old 19-06-2004, 23:49   #9
God Member

Doug, if I'm not feuding with at least 6 on here I'm not a happy bunny...bring 'em on - the more, the merrier!
Old 19-06-2004, 23:55   #10
Senior Member+

Doug I dont see any need for you to leave this Site... You have done nothing we all would not of done..
Unfortunately life is sometimes more complicated than we can foresee

Tealeaf dallas was enjoyable because it was not real just fantasy, this is real and therefore I for one don't find it enjoyable, in fact to see something so personal played out in public is quite sad

I enjoy seeing Van Damme fight on tele but if It was happening in front of me for real I would be very upset...

Life is much to short for this
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2004, 00:06   #11
God Member

Now then, Doug & Jess.......look what you've gone and done...got me into real serious trouble with Simon....now he thinks I'm a bloke called Van Dam (the mussles from brussels) and we're going to have a fight in a pub...oh dear..
Old 20-06-2004, 00:07   #12
God Member

If things are a bit confused, it's because I've had a coupleof pints
Old 20-06-2004, 00:08   #13
Member.

Thank you for your comments Simon,

Don't be too hard on the old chap. I am sure he is just trying to lighten the load for us all.

I would only leave the site at the request of the moderators and or, of my own accord to prevent any further animosity developing in the public arena that might upset or cause distress to those that have welcomed me and assisted me behind the scenes.

Me and the other person concerned have never seen eye to eye since the early days back in accy.

Thanks...
Old 20-06-2004, 00:10   #14
Member.

Tell you what Tealeaf,

I'll buy you a pint when I get over...No arm done.
Old 20-06-2004, 00:20   #15
God Member

Doug - It will be good to meet you...and I know sentiment is shared by everyone else who is a regular on here. If you do come over from Bispham tomorrow...could I suggest you take the train? There will invariably be a few jars knocked back and the journey from Blackpool to Accy is pretty quick these days

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..