Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2004, 17:15   #1

Unhappy put me out of my misery

I know this has nothing to do with Accy, but can someone help an ex Accringtonian,
Its driving me potty, I am trying to remember the name of an ex Sun newspaper editor, possibly his first name was James, he was on telly ( with his wife) and radio quite a lot, an ugly chap, and a bit of a loud sort. Its just one of those things my husband happened to say you dont see him around anymore, and no one in the family can remember his name, but we all knew who he meant. he also had a catch phrase (saying) we cant remember that either, come on, there must be someone out there with a better memory than ours.
Siddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2004, 17:26   #2
God Member

Re: put me out of my misery

I know exactly who you mean, trouble is I cannot for the life of me remember his name either. The catch phrase was something along the lines of "Do they mean us?" Sorry I can't be of more help.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 18:17   #3

Thanks for that, yes thats the saying, I said James was it Jameson, I am getting nearer I think so what was his first name then ???????
Old 25-05-2004, 18:21   #4

Bob was it Derek Jamison ?????????? wonder what happened to him ????? oh I wish i hadnt started this
Old 25-05-2004, 19:09   #5
mez
God Member

yes it was dereck jameson , sorry dont know wot happened to him ///
Old 25-05-2004, 19:10   #6
God Member

Aaaarrrrghhhh, Yes, Jameson, that's the bloke! I don't know what happened to him. What am I saying? I don't want to know what happened to him! Horrible person, how do people like that manage to get on in life???
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 19:16   #7

Thanks to you too Mez, have to have me dinner now otherwise I would have stopped and asked you where abouts in Accy you lived when you were young, perhaps we knew each other, see my profile pls. Catch you later

Sheila
Old 25-05-2004, 19:29   #8

mr and mrs derek jamesons last job was as presenters on late night bbc2 radio but retired a few years ago and are reported to live in brighton
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 19:33   #9
Accrington Web Mascot

Who??????????
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 20:51   #10
Accy Goddess

Is he the guy with the beard that never has a good word to say bout anybody?
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 21:19   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Rearranging the letters of derek jameson gives ''e's one mad jerk', sounds ok to me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2004, 21:35   #12

Talking Re: put me out of my misery

lOVE IT BAGPUSS, YOU SOUND LIKE MY HUBBY, HE IS ALWAYS MAKING UP THINGS LIKE THAT, JUST ONE THING I SPELT IT WRONG I THINK ITS JAMEISON SO YOU HAVE AN 'I' THERE TO PLAY ABOUT WITH. MAY I ASK WHERE YOU GOT THE PICCYS, I COULDNT FIND ANYTHING ABOUT HIM ONTHE NET.

SHEILA
Old 25-05-2004, 22:18   #13
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

There is no i, that's why you couldn't find any info on him, try again and you will find loads of stuff and pics of him.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2004, 00:14   #14

your not wrong bagpuss, bet not many women have said that to you, thanks to everyone for your help
Sheila
Old 02-09-2004, 14:16   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE
Is he the guy with the beard that never has a good word to say bout anybody?
I don't think he ever had a beard. He did ( and probably still does) have a very irritating voice/accent.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..