Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2022, 17:20   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

putin?

has blacklisted Boris And 12 Cabinet Ministers from Russia, bet they will be gutted. its a great example i think of how barmy PUTIN is.
Old 16-04-2022, 18:28   #2
Beacon of light

Re: putin?

He has to do it to feel like he is doing something intimidating.
Why would any of them want to go and put themselves in danger.
The man is deluded, and that is the fault of those who have for years sat on their hands when he has perpetrated atrocities.
It seems like the Russian Orthodox Church has come out against what he is doing in the Ukraine…..so whether this will influence the population to rise against him is anyone’s guess.

The sanctions are not hurting Putin or the elite, but it IS hurting the people of Russia.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2022, 11:31   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

to be sure i would do nothing if i lived there im allergic to being executed.
Margaret Pilkington and taddy like this.
Old 17-04-2022, 13:32   #4
Beacon of light

You might not Cashy, but there might be someone who would……he is doing the world a lot of harm so that he can feel good.
No man should have that much power.
Russian mothers must hate him.
Old 17-04-2022, 15:25   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

That may be split Margaret many think the crap he feeds them is true?they think ukraine brought this on themselves.
Old 17-04-2022, 19:40   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

He needs bringing down like all dictators, but it has to come from the Russian people themselves. Any outside attemps especially from a Western nation or the US, will just exacerbate the situation & widen the boundaries of the conflict & combatant countries.

In fact I spent yesterday evening with friends hosting some Ukrainian Lasses & their kids trying to give them a little bit of normalcy within the turmoil they have & are still experiencing.
Old 17-04-2022, 20:21   #7
Beacon of light

I think the realisation of the situation in the Ukraine is dawning on the population….especially as some of the soldiers have told their parents what is happening.
These young lads are conscripts and did not expect to be sent to be aggressors in a country where there are people who were once part of Russia.
But how long it will take them to rebel is anyone’s guess.
But yes…it has to be the people who do the deposing….or the whole place could go up in a puff of smoke.
Putin will be alright in his Siberian bunker….well for a little time he will.

Son…good on you for your hospitality to these poor families.
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 18-04-2022, 09:26   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
He has to do it to feel like he is doing something intimidating.
Why would any of them want to go and put themselves in danger.
The man is deluded, and that is the fault of those who have for years sat on their hands when he has perpetrated atrocities.
It seems like the Russian Orthodox Church has come out against what he is doing in the Ukraine…..so whether this will influence the population to rise against him is anyone’s guess.

The sanctions are not hurting Putin or the elite, but it IS hurting the people of Russia.
Sorry Marge but in my daily paper, The Mail, there was an article last week that said the Russian Orthodox Church were thanking Putin saying that Putin is fighting for the Christian Religion and that God wishes him to win, it seems that Russian Priests are leaving Russia and joining the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 09:46   #9
Beacon of light

So that just shows how the situation is dividing Russians.
I saw that article but it was followed a day or so later by censure from the Russian Orthodox Church…..well, that is…if you believe what the mainstream media want to tell us…..and I am not sure that we should not read this stuff unless there is a big dose of salt going down with it too.
We only know what they want us to know…only those who are there truly know what is going on…but it sounds a bit like the seventh circle of Hell to me.
taddy likes this.
Old 18-04-2022, 09:51   #10
Beacon of light

Resistance also stirring in Russian Orthodox Church
In early March, Russian Orthodox clergy and priests published an open letter calling for an end to the war. Written in Russian, the letter reads: "We, the priests and deacons of the Russian Orthodox Church, appeal on our own behalf to all in whose name the fratricidal war in Ukraine will end and call for reconciliation and an immediate ceasefire."
They spoke of the "ordeal to which our brothers and sisters in Ukraine are undeservedly subjected" and referring to the future added, "We are saddened to think of the gulf that our children and grandchildren in Russia and Ukraine will have to bridge to become friends again, to respect and love one another." As of March 8, 2022, 286 priests and deacons have signed the letter.
"This is very courageous," Bremer says of these clerics, who make up a relatively small group out of around 36,000 priests in the Russian Orthodox Church. But they are now being subjected to reprisals and persecution by the Russian authorities and the Federal Secret Service (FSB), Bremer adds.

This excerpt was taken from the Deutsche Welle website for news….not exactly MSM.
taddy likes this.
Old 18-04-2022, 10:03   #11

Thanks Marge
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2022, 10:04   #12
Beacon of light

You are welcome Taddy.
Old 20-04-2022, 18:33   #13

I know one thing, Putin won't be visiting any other countries again.
Someone will take the opportunity to put a bullet between his eyes.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2022, 19:23   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

he wont bother having cancer imho.
Old 20-04-2022, 19:50   #15
Beacon of light

Do we believe that he has cancer?
I am not sure that I do.
If he did then surely he would know how hard it is to face death….and mortality.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..