Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2009, 15:19   #76
Give, give, give member

Re: r. biggs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yer great at twisting things to suit yer own ends if their was n award fer it ya would win. again big difference between people stealing from a company n people attempting to steal armed with coshes etc, n of coarse i have sympathy fer mr mills, but that does not stop me thinking it was a real dumb thing to do, you seem to deliberatly disregard my view on this, cos it don't suit rindys view of life. i fail to see this hole i am digging, perhaps you musta filled it when ya fell in yerself.
My last word on this digression from the original subject of the thread, is that my sympathies are always with the victims of viloent crime, no matter how they acted when under immense pressure.

I would certainly never label one of those victims 'a fool', regardless as to whether they stood up to the thugs, or rolled over and played dead.

Victims of violent crime = my utmost sympathies.

Scum of the earth who commit those crimes = no sympathy whatsoever.

Happily on this issue my thoughts are black and white.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2009, 16:44   #77
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The media are to blame for this man's notoriety...and for turning him into some kind of hero....who evaded his sentence for such a long time.

While I understand that he has been released on the grounds of compassion, he is still a criminal.
He may not be a threat anymore, but he is and always will be, in some measure, responsible for affecting the life and family of the train driver, who could never live a normal life after the attack.
I agree Margaret, wasn't it the Sun who payed for Bigg's all expensive trip home from exile in South America, they didn't do it out of the goodness of their hearts they did it for exclusive coverage and no doubt put a few quid in the bank for good old Ronnie too
Old 18-12-2013, 07:17   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well hes finally dead now, that should suit a few.
Old 18-12-2013, 17:13   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well hes finally dead now, that should suit a few.
Ya and just when they were featuring one of his greatest works on TV tonight
Old 18-12-2013, 17:39   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya and just when they were featuring one of his greatest works on TV tonight
I won't be watching that as a matter of principle. Not only were they violent criminals who beat a harmless man half to death, they were grossly incompetent.
Biggs should have been left to die in Brazil. It's what he deserved.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..