Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2008, 17:57   #1

Racism amongst Toddlers?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7493654.stm

The above is a link to a news article I have just found. After reading all the commotion caused by the 'You will pray to Allah' thread, one must wonder if the loonies who make these directives are not themselves responsible for a nation becoming increasingly 'Racist'.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2008, 18:07   #2
God Member

Re: Racism amongst Toddlers?

Not in my opinion cp, It is some of the ethnics themselves who make us racist, for in my honest opinion, many of them are and always have been more racist than most of 'us', having said that, it is the government and thier one sidedness that has allowed this to be, nobody need call me a racist either, I am not, I just dont like some of them!
Old 07-07-2008, 18:11   #3

Sorry, should probably have said partly responsible. There are obviously many other factors.
I agree with your comments too dg.

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 18:11   #4
Resident Waffler

Quote:
It said: "A child may react negatively to a culinary tradition other than their own by saying, 'Yuck!"'.

That may indicate a lack of familiarity with that particular food, or "more seriously a reaction to a food associated with people from a particular ethnic or cultural community".
In my experience a child quite often reacts to a food he or she doesn't like by saying "yuck!" all that means is that they don't like the food. People should stop looking for hidden meanings that aren't there. It causes resentment which in turn leads to racism.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 18:15   #5
God Member

There are no hidden meanings in taking the country for everything you can get willow, and worse, getting no resistance from the idiots who keep giving in to them.
Old 07-07-2008, 19:30   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Not in my opinion cp, It is some of the ethnics themselves who make us racist, for in my honest opinion, many of them are and always have been more racist than most of 'us', having said that, it is the government and thier one sidedness that has allowed this to be, nobody need call me a racist either, I am not, I just dont like some of them!
Who are "them" ?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 19:33   #7
Senior Member+

If the parents are racist then the kids will be to.... it is possible for them to be racist, a little lad (the same one that used to like to pee in peoples handbags lol) used to shout racist remarks and his dad was the most racist person i have ever met!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 19:35   #8
Senior Member+

*LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* @ mancie

how can anyone make anyone else racist is beyond me
Old 07-07-2008, 19:36   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
*LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL* @ mancie

how can anyone make anyone else racist is beyond me
remember the christmas fiasco Mani.....' the things i do to help you celebrate your christmas' pmsl....everybody gets accused of racism now-a-days!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
Old 07-07-2008, 19:39   #10
Senior Member+

exactly. i just try to be helpful and try to make sure some kid gets his nintendo wii or ds and bang! i'm racist all of a sudden!
Old 07-07-2008, 19:47   #11
Senior Member+

Its thrown about a lot now.....

Now i am not racist and i am very offended if i am accused of racism....

I used to live in a muslim area and was looking for a nursery for Tyler.... I went to and open day and all the staff were asian and were speaking punjabi as were the parents, I asked how many white children there would be in the class and was told Ty was the only one..... I refused the place and was accused of being racist!

Would it be fair for my child to go to a nursery and be the odd one out, it wasnt racism... it was wanting the best for my child and i dont see that nursery as multi-cultural.... the nursery i sent ty to was multicultural and it was good for him.........

Old 07-07-2008, 20:49   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emamum23 View Post
Its thrown about a lot now.....

Now i am not racist and i am very offended if i am accused of racism....

I used to live in a muslim area and was looking for a nursery for Tyler.... I went to and open day and all the staff were asian and were speaking punjabi as were the parents, I asked how many white children there would be in the class and was told Ty was the only one..... I refused the place and was accused of being racist!

Would it be fair for my child to go to a nursery and be the odd one out, it wasnt racism... it was wanting the best for my child and i dont see that nursery as multi-cultural.... the nursery i sent ty to was multicultural and it was good for him.........
Good for you, Emamum.

I once faced a similar dilemma.

There is a perfectly good school very near to my house. However, 97% of the pupils there are asian so, not wanting my child to be in a 3% minority, I didn't send him there.

I am not racist. I just didn't think that this school would be the best one for him. He could read fluently before he started school so I didn't think that starting in a reception class alongside pupils who couldn't read / speak English very well / at all would be the best environment for him to progress and fulfil his potential.
Old 07-07-2008, 21:18   #13
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
exactly. i just try to be helpful and try to make sure some kid gets his nintendo wii or ds and bang! i'm racist all of a sudden!
lol mani I was accused of being racist because I said I had to stop and think what race my friends are because I just think of them as human beings and have to actually think about it to come up with who is what race. In fact I know a family where the Mum is black and the Dad is white but I have to think hard to 'see' him as white because to me they are all just the one family and race/colour doesn't register.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 21:56   #14
God Member

Some children are not just racist but also sexist bigots and in some case sectarian as well. Who takes the blame for this parents the PC brigade schools other kids or tv?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 22:04   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Some children are not just racist but also sexist bigots and in some case sectarian as well. Who takes the blame for this parents the PC brigade schools other kids or tv?
yep I reckon it's the TV ..tranvestites..Danny LaRue and Lilly Savage have got alot to answer for all this!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..