Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 19:36   #91
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Raise The School Leaving Age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Well I know alot of people whose parents seem to think their children are angelic little angels, particularly in regards to smoking, drugs and alcohol when at school, so yeh, i'm quite positive that many grandparents would also think the same as their children. Young people are full of deceit, regardless of how angelic they may seem.

Oh so do I, Blazey. Parents of that mind set are one of Society's problems. You should consider, however, that not all parents are naive and it really isn't so difficult for responsible parents/grandparents to uncover evidence of the three examples you give.

Thank you for the insight into the general character of Youth. You won't appreciate my saying so but, believe it or not, as well as being a parent and a grandparent I have also been a young person; triple the experience, I think.

An acquaintance of mine, on another forum, is a lecturer at an American college. His signature says, "I am not young enough to know everything". He has a good point.
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2007, 22:22   #92
Resident Waffler

I like that quote too WestEnder.

What an appalling generalisation about young people Blazey. You really do have such a poor opinion of the youth of today that I can't help but wonder what circles you move in.

(BTW 'hypocrite' has an 'e' on the end)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:48   #93
God Member

Quote:
You said something about getting hammered in the chat room on wednesday night. One would think you wouldnt be able to afford alcohol if you dont work and you dont sign on JSA? Are you a busker?! (sp)
I thought the chat room was for people to have private conversations!!! Out of order bringing it onto the main forum.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:56   #94
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I like that quote too WestEnder.

What an appalling generalisation about young people Blazey. You really do have such a poor opinion of the youth of today that I can't help but wonder what circles you move in.

(BTW 'hypocrite' has an 'e' on the end)
I've used it on another site Willow, it's a good one,I think it was an Oscar Wild quip. Yes I posted an ammendment I'm looking for it now,I had Chemo last Wednesday and affects my vision badly,that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it, must admit It makes you a 'proper Charlie' when you are correcting another poster.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:11   #95

Quote:
It wasn't eant to be offensive, it was a thought as to why you say you judge people on the company they keep, yet you like 'gang' members like jae swift who have no job and stand around on street corners all the time.
Blazey, even if you know Jae on a personal level and what you state is correct, the choice isn’t really yours to divulge such information. That choice belongs to Jae.

It was uncalled for and a tad below the belt.
Old 10-11-2007, 14:20   #96
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Blazey, even if you know Jae on a personal level and what you state is correct, the choice isn’t really yours to divulge such information. That choice belongs to Jae.

It was uncalled for and a tad below the belt.
Two people join a forum, let's call them Blazey and Jae.

They both make an impression, in what they say, and how they say it, as well as how they act.

Two people go for a job interview, let's call them Blazey and Jae.

They both make an impression, in what they say, and how they say it, as well as how they act.

Jae you start Monday.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 14:21   #97
God Member

Social skills aren't learnt from books

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 16:19   #98

Can we get back on-topic now about the school leaving age?
Old 10-11-2007, 18:37   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Unless it's from balancing books on your head as you walk
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 19:45   #100
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Two people join a forum, let's call them Blazey and Jae.

Two people go for a job interview, let's call them Blazey and Jae.

Jae you start Monday.
I doubt I'd go for a job at mcdonalds, so he can have the job
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 22:11   #101

Quote:
'gang' members like jae swift who have no job and stand around on street corners all the time.
Gang?.. Nope.

No job? I'm doing training in business actually.

street corners?.. Stop looking back on your career as a prostitute and sort that wrist-slitting boyfriend of yours out.

Now... Stop trying to act like some miss know it all.

Oh and by the way, good luck getting into Law when you AND your boyfriend are both drug users.

Last edited by Jae Swift; 10-11-2007 at 22:15.
Jae Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 22:39   #102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
Gang?.. Nope.

street corners?.. Stop looking back on your career as a prostitute and sort that wrist-slitting boyfriend of yours out.

Oh and by the way, good luck getting into Law when you AND your boyfriend are both drug users.
I dont do drugs lol, I rarely even take paracetamol. My boyfriend has a respectable job in the computer industry and I work hard as a law student and dont even go out and get drunk, never mind take drugs. Why dont you just get a life
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 22:42   #103

Quote:
I dont do drugs lol, I rarely even take paracetamol. My boyfriend has a respectable job in the computer industry and I work hard as a law student and dont even go out and get drunk, never mind take drugs. Why dont you just get a life
You smoke spliffs while walking round the streets.
What a lie.

You used to have rocky in your pockets all the time.
Old 10-11-2007, 22:49   #104
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
They call it experience, I Think Margaret, I think they will have to teach the teachers a lot more if this crop are anything to go by. The so called cream Teaching standards are at the lowest ebb ever in my lifetime, I had a lot of thick head's come to me for work, but they were smarter than this lot, and that was only 8-10 years ago.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:46   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae Swift View Post
Gang?.. Nope.

Oh mi God. Is this the true Jae coming out???? You had people on here having a go at Blazey for making a passing statement about you, and u come out with cr*p like that????

How personal are you wanting to go like? I dont know either of ya but posting a statement like that up is just pathetic. I couldnt give a flying pigs whatnots if Blazey has a dodgy past and a self harming boyfriend (which I doubt is true anyway). The fact that you're bringing this sort of stuff on to an internet forum is disgraceful.

Ya posted earlier about getting back onto subject. Practice what ya preach.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..