Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 13:25   #1

Re-generation

Hiya,

I work for the Chelmswood estate, the estate claim land via adverse possesion and other legal processes and regenerates them and donates them back to the public and registered public greens.

We have recently recieved an application concerning Hambledon quarry and Hambledon hill, and land at these sites which is currently diused and from photographs we have seen in a poor state.

Does anybody on here by any chance have any information regarding these two sites, there owners or who would like to discuss this further, as it seems that the estate will be forwading there claim this coming saturday and will begin re-generation in 12 months time.

Regards
Chelmswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-11-2007, 13:31   #2
God Member

Re: Re-generation

Errrr......who pays for the regeneration?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 13:35   #3

The chelmswood estate is owned by the King Wilkson family and forms part of the King wilkinson estate, the Chelmswood estate trust pays for the regeneration from money recieved by visitors to various properties on the chelmswood estate and the King wilkinson estate.
Old 06-11-2007, 13:53   #4
God Member

Strange that a googling reveals nothing about Chelmswood or Chelmswood estate,
and 'King Wilkinson' reveals a firm of chartered surveyors in the West country and some firm of quantity surveyors in Saudi Arabia.

Ps I am suspicious (plus he can't spell )

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-11-2007 at 13:55.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 13:55   #5

If you search for King wilkinson and also type in slaidburn there will surely be websites about the King wilkinson family as they own the Village of slaidburn in the ribble valley and the Chelmswood estate does not currently have a website.
Old 06-11-2007, 13:57   #6
God Member

I beg your pardon
Walk 2216 - Slaidburn Village Trail - Ribble Valley - Forest of Bowland AONB Lancashire - a detailed walk description from Walking Britain

PS excuse my doubts - we have had some wind ups here lately

Last edited by MargaretR; 06-11-2007 at 14:01.
Old 06-11-2007, 14:00   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Strange that a googling reveals nothing about Chelmswood or Chelmswood estate,
and 'King Wilkinson' reveals a firm of chartered surveyors in the West country and some firm of quantity surveyors in Saudi Arabia.

Ps I am suspicious (plus he can't spell )
Found this.

'The project saw over 150m of walling generously supplied by North West Water constructed on land kindly donated by the King Wilkinson Estate.'

Churches

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 14:01   #8

Sorry about the lack of information concerning us, i myself have just searched google and found nothing i will take this up with our Google Page Ranking manager ASAP. In the meantime if you require any information whatsoever just ask.
Old 06-11-2007, 14:11   #9

I am sorryif some people think this may be a scam, however i can assure you otherwise, The Estate has been responsible for social improvement projects throughout the county and recieved a letter concerning Hambledon quarry, we are just trying to gather imformation concerning the area prior to taking any action
Old 06-11-2007, 14:14   #10
God Member

We have quite a few local history enthusiasts who post here. It make take a couple of days to get the info you want.
(apologies yet again)

Old 06-11-2007, 14:18   #11

Okay i understand, it seems liek a very close knit community on here, is it the same in the town as i understand most Accringtonnians are very proud of there roots and there towns heritage. I am from London myself where such hospitality is rare.
Old 06-11-2007, 14:39   #12
God Member

I am not very familiar with that part of town, but I think I have found a reference to that disused quarry in this thread
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ves-29781.html
but it doesn't mention ownership

Old 06-11-2007, 15:08   #13

If it’s the quarry area that I’m thinking of ( there is a roadway leading up to it from the 2nd round about just past Huncoat where you join the A56 Haslingden bound ) then some form of re-generation would not go amiss. As far as I’m aware it only gets used by the local Doggers. No idea who the land belongs to.
Old 06-11-2007, 16:09   #14
Give, give, give member

It maybe worth contacting Jean Battle at Lancashire County Council, as according to the press she has been fighting for access to the quarries to be gated, and may well know the names of the owners.

Hold-up for gates on troubled site - News - Accrington Observer

Councillor Info - Jean Battle

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 16:27   #15

Thanks for yoursupport we have just had a reply from the Land registry office for Lancashire and have found out that the site is unregistere and likely to be un-owned as illegal quarry workers were removed from the site sometime ago for reasons of health ans safety. Is there anybody living in this area who would be able to help us further with this project and be a contact for other agencies ??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..