Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2015, 16:31   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Recycle Calendars.

Has anyone got a 2015 Recycle Calendar off the Council? cos we aint.
Old 01-01-2015, 16:42   #2
God Member

Re: Recycle Calendars.

We’re also embracing new technology to make recycling even easier and you’ll soon be able to download a bin app for smart phones. The app will tell you all about the date of your next collection, which containers you need to put out and what items you can recycle. It will also give you the option to send you a text or email to remind you about what to recycle and when. We’re planning to launch this over the next few months, so we’ll let you know more then. When we launch the bin app we’ll also enhance our Bulky Waste Collection service so you’ll get a text with an update if you request the service.
As part of our drive to be more environmentally friendly and cut costs, we won’t be reprinting the two yearly recycling calendar and will move this information onto the Council’s website, or you can access it via the new app. Don’t worry if you don’t have access to the internet though, as we’ll be happy to print off your calendar for you, just give us a call.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-01-2015, 16:49   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Cheers Dave, I aint embraced this crap at all though, aint got a smart phone fer starters, and they can shove e-mails were the sun dont shine, i get far too much of those which are rubbish.
Old 01-01-2015, 16:50   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheers Dave, I aint embraced this crap at all though, aint got a smart phone fer starters, and they can shove e-mails were the sun dont shine, i get far too much of those which are rubbish.
You can buy a Stanley calendar and mark the dates off
US Angel and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 01-01-2015, 16:54   #5
God Member

Here's the link to print it yourself

Your Waste Collection Day in 2015
cashman and DtheP47 like this.
Old 01-01-2015, 17:43   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Here's the link to print it yourself

Your Waste Collection Day in 2015
You are a bit slow Dave.

Dave can print the recycling calender for your area on a choice of T shirts or hoodies.

Maybe a mug with it printed on would help you remember Cashy - Dave can do that as well
US Angel likes this.
Old 01-01-2015, 18:01   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You are a bit slow Dave.

Dave can print the recycling calender for your area on a choice of T shirts or hoodies.

Maybe a mug with it printed on would help you remember Cashy - Dave can do that as well
Actually we can do a bit more. I could print it on to an aliminium sheet which you stick magnets to and make a great big fridge magnet
Old 01-01-2015, 18:02   #8
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

How about a vinyl sticker to stick on your grey bin?
Old 01-01-2015, 18:04   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
How about a vinyl sticker to stick on your grey bin?
Don't do vinyl stickers, could always screw the aliminium sheet to the bin though
Old 01-01-2015, 18:28   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Get a roll of double sided tape and offer it as a freebie, people will go for anything if they get something for nothing thrown in
Old 01-01-2015, 19:54   #11
God Member

get it tattoo'd onto the wifes forehead so that at least while shes nagging at you something usefull is coming from it ?

especially if you are been nagged to take the bins out you will know exactly when to do it
Eric likes this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 20:49   #12

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Wow..a council that engages with the oiks over the internet, albeit without telling (an alleged)95% of their electorate....

oh wait..only on their terms, where they control the feedback to only show the positives and backslaps, like a certain MP's facebook, hyndburn labours twitter or a certain ex high profile (well he was when after votes) 'village' blog....

Smartarse alert..already printed mine off cos I follow HBC on twitter.. (i'm hip with the bro's dontcha know) ..and because I've previously fallen foul of the jobsworth numpties that pass as civic reclamation officers, waste management operatives, collectors of unwanted materials, recycling technicians, (or whatever they call binmen nowadays)...sucking in their breath, shaking their heads whilst sticking a warning on my bin, whilst I'm out earning a living to pay their bloody wages, because the lid didn't fully close (by about 2 inches and they left it unemptied of course)

I'm luckier than some I guess..I'm mobile and can do a tip run every now and again, done one this week with Christmas stuff (can't fault the guys at Whinney Hill, always there to give you a hand and point you to the correct skip..hats off guys)...but for those out there without transport, internet or smartphone...

Old 02-01-2015, 09:11   #13

As a slight off-topic, someone nicked the beer crate I left out for the binmen this new year. Serves me right, I'm way too trusting of Christmas Spirit. I forget that there are thieving scum around.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:21   #14
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
As a slight off-topic, someone nicked the beer crate I left out for the binmen this new year. Serves me right, I'm way too trusting of Christmas Spirit. I forget that there are thieving scum around.
By a beer crate, do you mean a crate full of beer or just an empty crate?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:22   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
By a beer crate, do you mean a crate full of beer or just an empty crate?
24 tinnies of Fosters
Less likes this.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..