Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 21:22   #16
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: Recycling Scheme

We haven't got em yet round here, then again, we don't have wheelie bins or green bins for garden stuff either. Looks like Peel is the poor relation.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2004, 22:38   #17
Accy Goddess

You shouldn't have a problem with cats licking the tins coz the tins should be washed out before they are put in the box.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:39   #18
Len
God Member

Well, thats a female's job then, not a blokes.
We have A nuff to do, never mind washing up the rubbish. lol
sorry anne, but it 's true. ily
p.s.
Thats me, I'm on one.

Last edited by Len; 23-10-2004 at 09:30.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 05:48   #19
God Member

Bin men don't work on the Bank Holiday and all the collections are Moved forward by one day, meaning that they work on the Saturday. I assume that having to work a Saturday means that they are paid overtime. Hardly any wonder that refuse collection is such an expensive business these days. I also note that at the council tip on Whinney Hill is operated through the winter on summer hours. Who wants to go to the tip in the dark? Also, why do we have to accomodate rubbish from Liverpool, Manchester, Wigan and Burnley?
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 06:14   #20
Caz
God Member

Quote:
where we live it rains from above.
hehe! funnily enough it does up here too!

Just stating that as my box is on bricks it is not being picked up out of a puddle of rain water on a rainy morning.

Quote:
Well, thats a female's job then, lol. not a blokes. lol
We have A NUFF to do, never mind washing the rubbish. lol
Hope you were joking there Len!

Last edited by Caz; 08-05-2004 at 06:29.
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:02   #21
Len
God Member

Hi cazzer.
Thanks for replying.
Looks like I was trying to wind you up a bit. Glad you haven't bitten.

Quote:
Well, thats a female's job then, lol. not a blokes. lol
We have A NUFF to do, never mind washing the rubbish. lol
I agree that does read very bad (sexist) sorry Ladies I was trying to be funny at that time.
May be it would have been better placed in Aggravating things about Women... thread. Even there I suppose it would be offencive.

Last edited by Len; 08-05-2004 at 12:53.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:57   #22
Accrington Web Mascot

Don't worry Lettie - had a leaflet through the door this week advising that we will have our grey wheelie bins for September! I'm not looking forward to it though - I have a couple of steps to my back gate & think I'm gonna struggle lifting the bin to put out the back.

I think they are going to be collecting plastic from us (and cardboard?) but we do seem to be the last ward to get the grey bins - so we won't be doing that til next year!

I really think that recycling is a good idea - but is the council demanding that local businesses do the same with the rubbish as the residents? Obviously businesses will create more waste paper - do they have to recycle? I work locally and haven't seen any changes in the what we are allowed to put into the bins!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 16:47   #23

I do the recycling thing..very hip I know Its different in some areas on how much they are given- boxes,bins and bags. I say email the council site and get it all! Well if u need it- except for the green bins cos not everyone has a garden eh. I can see how the space thing could be a problem. I think the bags are over sized seeing as they come every other week. Im sure it could of been designed better because I bet it puts a lot of people of with all the different bags etc and the different days for different things. I feel sorry for some of the people- say the elderly who cant wheel there bins up to the path each week/other week- I think that needs to be looked at again maybe.
markuze is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..