Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2017, 07:52   #1591
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany Absolutely sick of the backsliding remainers bringing the UK down at every turn, her & the rest of her glove puppets need stringing up & proper Brexiteers given the lead.

agree to a point about may but she has two problems. the eu leaders themselves and the pro eu remainers who would love to put every spanner in the works that they can for any reason they can think of. some have a vested interest in remaining but plenty have fallen in love with the eu years of bull shine.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-11-2017, 11:40   #1592
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
JRM would do a damn site better than DisMay in my opinion, he may not be the popular choice but I'd say he's far more competent & has an old fashioned honesty which is something rather rare in a modern politico today.
He does have a refreshing degree of honesty about him...I will give you that, but it doesn't mean he would make a better leader than TM
I defy anyone to do a good job of getting us out of the EU while there are so many in the POW who would stab ANY leader in the back for making a fair fist of Brexit.
Battles like this are hard enough without having the enemies of democracy in government office and the back benches.
The place is riddled with them...maggots is what they are.
Doubly difficult as the EU cronies do not want to negotiate in any shape or form.

The truth is that the EU without our financial contributions is stuffed.
We should walk away from all negotiations and tell them to call us when THEY have something on the table to offer.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 20:44   #1593
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

The truth is that the EU without our financial contributions is stuffed.
We should walk away from all negotiations and tell them to call us when THEY have something on the table to offer.

The other truth is...

... without the EU being able to give honest and truthful records of their dealings we will never be able to work with them, lets face it that's why we want to leave.
I bet there are plenty of our M.P.'s and M.E.P's that wouldn't want us to ever know the truth.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2017, 20:44   #1594
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
agree to a point about may but she has two problems.
But these problems are of her own making really, had she put her foot down & the boot in were required instead of dithering & giving ground to the eu & her own party traitors she'd have been in a far stronger position.

Problem is though, DisMay was & as far as I'm concerned still is a remainer at heart & it shows in her handling & dealings across the board, she makes the noises & talks the talk, but so far there's no actions to back up her spouting, the woman is weak & should never have been put in charge!
Old 25-11-2017, 15:17   #1595
Beacon of light

It is not just those in her own party who are dithering, it is the threats from other quarters to thwart the will of the people.
It is the businesses who have talked the U.K. down, it is people like Richard Branson, it is the loony left wing luvvies who try to undermine any efforts because democracy only suits them when the vote goes the way they want it.
While you consider Theresa May to be weak and dithery, there has been no real suggestion of a person who has the round things (balls)to take on the bullies of the EU who call themselves negotiators.

Theresa May is being expected to climb Everest in just a damart vest with a sackful of monkeys on her back.

Come up with someone who realistically can keep the mutinous MPs in check...and I will give you a putty medal!
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 25-11-2017, 16:00   #1596
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
While you consider Theresa May to be weak and dithery, there has been no real suggestion of a person who has the round things (balls)to take on the bullies of the EU who call themselves negotiators.
Difficult call, anyone I can think of has some kind of deficiency which hampers "my opinion" of a party leader. But right now the Country doesn't require a negotiator in nr 10, we need an all out brutal, dictator to tell the eu what we are going to do & how things will go, mithering remaniac trouble makers trampled on & cast aside & as for the civil servants & businesses that throw obstacles in the way should be told exactly what they can do with their whiny pitiful arguments & perceived difficulties, they shape up or ship out!

Call their bluff & see what happens. As an Island nation we've managed to be self reliant, proud & resourceful throughout the ages & to my mind if the right people are in proper positions we can be once again. Miserable self hating liberal whiny hand wringing wankerati pussified pc liberals have destroyed my once fine nation & their time of reckoning is long past, terminate the cancer with extreme prejudice & we can hopefully get back to our days of normalcy.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 25-11-2017, 16:16   #1597
Beacon of light

Yes, I agree with the 'walk away' and watch them come running approach.
Theresa May is not one of the negotiators...that has been left to D.Davis and his crew.
Yes, it is a shame there is not someone with more bant than a wet lettuce.
I think the softly approach is a nod to diplomacy, but those loony lefties don't want any brand of democracy or diplomacy other than their own.
Like you, I am heartily sick of the bending over backwards, of trying to jump oceans for an organisation that would not jump a small puddle for us.
I am sick of reading media reports that portray the future after we leave the EU as a bleak and dismal place...these so called experts have been shown to be wrong...seriously wrong in the past.
Old 26-11-2017, 14:17   #1598
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

This really doesn't fill me with optimism, DisMay at her appeasing best!

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...russels-summit

But this on the other hand .....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/88...rexit-red-line

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 26-11-2017 at 14:19.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2017, 16:47   #1599
Beacon of light

I get a bit fed up of reading stuff like this...I just wonder who is feeding this BS to the press and whether it is being done to promote division and to sow discord. I would not put it past those snakes in the negotiating team to be spreading this type of propaganda purely for the reasons I have outlined.
It is time that everyone got behind the drive to leave the EU. There are too many people who have their own agenda...usually based on the EU gravy train.

The problem at present(as I see it) is that the PM is trying to appease too many people...And some of the actions appear to be reactive rather than proactive.

I am not in favour of the payment of one penny piece until the EU can tell us exactly what we owe the money for.
I am not in favour of Brussels being able to pull the strings for a transition period of two years when we have left...because having left, it means we do not get a say in how decisions are reached.

The ECJ should have no jurisdiction in the U.K. From the moment we leave.
KiTChener, cashman and taddy like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-11-2017 at 16:50.
Old 27-11-2017, 09:01   #1600
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1205108]
It is time that everyone got behind the drive to leave the EU. There are too many people who have their own agenda...usually based on the EU gravy train.

The problem at present(as I see it) is that the PM is trying to appease too many people...And some of the actions appear to be reactive rather than proactive.

see it the same margaret. trying to be as diplomatic as possible with our eu friends , trying to keep remainers in her party happy as well as millions of pro eu voters with many being in her party. the job is a curse no matter who took it on. there might be someone better to do it but a revolt of pro eu backbenchers could force a gereral election with the poss. that comrade corbyn having to negotiate anything with em strikes fear in my heart and mind.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 28-11-2017, 19:09   #1601
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Absolutely disgusted! The political class (DisMay in particular) disregarding the will of the British people again. She really has just finished her political carrer with this little nugget. Roll on the following scrapping, in fighting & backstabbing in the undignified scramble for the chance to be the next PM as she's not going to be warming the seat much longer.

BREXIT BETRAYAL: Appeaser Theresa Agrees to Hand Over ?45-55bn to the EU, Cover-up Planned

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...telegraph-says
Old 28-11-2017, 21:24   #1602
Beacon of light

It was mooted that the UK would pay £40billion into the EU coffers to get trade talks started....I haven't done the sums(not enough toes) but perhaps when converted 40billion quid is 45 billion Euros.
My own personal feeling is that we should not be paying one penny until we can see exactly what it is we are paying for.
Even then I would never trust the figures from the lying snakes in the EU...after all if they cannot satisfy and audit of their affairs(and never have, to my knowledge) why should we trust any figures that are put forward as to what we owe?

This, at the moment is not set in stone...and until it is we have to treat it with a degree of scepticism.
We won't be out until we are out...and there will be many efforts to create division and unrest among folk like us who really have no say in what happens...we cast our votes in good faith...knowing that politicians are lying iceholes....only in it for themselves.
So far this has proved to be about right.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 29-11-2017, 07:47   #1603
God Member

Quote:
We won't be out until we are out...and there will be many efforts to create division and unrest among folk like us who really have no say in what happens...we cast our votes in good faith...knowing that politicians are lying iceholes....only in it for themselves.
So far this has proved to be about right.
i,ll actually believe it when we are out. right from the beginning i thought to get out of the club would be harder than many of us thought. one thing i,d like to hear is what the continental firms actually think of the negotiations and how it will affect them in exporting products to us. if the eu leaders make things difficult it will be a problem for them just the same as for us. cutting off noses come readily to mind. but is the eu all about trade and not the idea of united states of europe. i think the latter.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 29-11-2017, 10:20   #1604
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I gave T.M. the benefit of the doubt initially, she has now managed to prove what a MUG i was.
Old 29-11-2017, 13:54   #1605
Beacon of light

Cashy, we are in the unenviable position of having few options when it comes to choosing a leader.Would you prefer to have Jeremy Corbyn leading the country?
I know that I certainly wouldn't.
Can you see someone on the political scene that would do something differently...something that would benefit the little people? You know...those people who go out and put their cross in the box.
I know my lamps are not as bright as they could be...but if you looked with the Hubble you would be hard pressed to find anybody.

I also think that TM might have had more luck had those who would thwart our exit sat down and shut up.
It is very difficult to captain a ship when only a few are rowing, when there are a Load who are using a drag anchor and even more who are having to be restrained from jumping overboard.
You get the picture.
The other bleeding fly in the ointment is Keir Starmer. He want all the secrets to be unveiled .
He is threatening D.Davies with censure and removal as an MP if these document(which would give away all our bargaining chips to the snakes in the EU)are not published...and he has the backing of that ugly gnome John Bercow.

Like in a game of football...the manager wants to keep his team and their strengths under wraps...likewise with these papers.
There are so many people in this country who hate being British, who have not one ounce of patriotism...who would sell us out to the EU, who talk down the UK at every opportunity, who work in the background undermining ANY efforts to get us out of the web that is the EU. Who want to be a part of the Federal States of Europe.
How very glad I am that my father is not here to see all this.
I am sure he would feel betrayed and he would feel that sacrifices he and his pals made on D.Day were in vain.

So Cashy, NO....you are not a mug at all. Like the rest of us you are a victim of circumstances out of your control.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 29-11-2017 at 13:58.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..