Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2017, 20:05   #1666
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Best bet Dave is ignore creeps like that. imho.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 28-12-2017, 20:12   #1667
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Best bet Dave is ignore creeps like that. imho.
A simple enough sentiment Cashy, but I do like to debate an issue, if only to highlight the discrepancies & or confusion in the "logic" of the left.
Old 28-12-2017, 20:18   #1668
Beacon of light

I don't think that it is right to ignore someone when they call(or even imply) someone racist.
I think that someone like this,who can 'twist' a quote to fit their own perceptions/agenda is to be treated with caution.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 20:20   #1669
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I don't think that it is right to ignore someone when they call(or even imply) someone racist.
I think that someone like this,who can 'twist' a quote to fit their own perceptions/agenda is to be treated with caution.
I treat em with contempt Margaret.
Old 28-12-2017, 21:18   #1670
I am Banned

Quote:
Margaret, he is Scottish by descent, and loves to dress up and play the pipes, and don't forget the Scots were racist toward us sassenacs, long before the word racist became the most commonly used ploy to shut people up, and we are called racist, I just wish there was some way to get rid of the scum, thats now floating around what was once this green and pleasant land.
Dave was right in helping ex military lads settle in and see they were treated right, but there is a limit, like the last straw.
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2017, 21:20   #1671
Beacon of light

Yes, Cashy..I know that you do...but this may mean that they, and their opinions are not challenged.
That cannot be good.
I know that it is unlikely that our opinions will colour or affect theirs, that does not mean we should let their post pass.
Old 28-12-2017, 21:36   #1672
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Yes, Cashy..I know that you do...but this may mean that they, and their opinions are not challenged.
That cannot be good.
I know that it is unlikely that our opinions will colour or affect theirs, that does not mean we should let their post pass.
True everyone should do as they think is the way, I'm pleased Retlaw has passed comment with him knowing who the guy is, it pleased me no end.
Old 28-12-2017, 21:41   #1673
Beacon of light

Cashy...I like the cut of your jib....and I knew that retlaws post would please you no end.
I prefer to think of some midwife holding him up by the ankles and giving his bum a good slap(she was hitting the wrong end if she wanted to knock sense into him).
cashman, DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 29-12-2017, 18:52   #1674

Awwwe... You guys are just adorable. So cute.
I would of course, love to chat more but heck... things to do. Hope you all have a lovely New Year and be careful not to hurt your backs doing the funny walk. Hope that final solution works out for you all?
Burningman ... over and out.
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-2017, 18:58   #1675
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If that means what i think then good riddance.and as for funny walks, saw quite a bit of them when i was in san francisco. perhaps you were one of em.
Old 29-12-2017, 19:35   #1676
Beacon of light

Burningman, you will be sadly missed.
Except you won't...you aren't really a prolific member...been here since 2006 and made 41 posts.
cashman likes this.
Old 29-12-2017, 21:11   #1677
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Awwwe... You guys are just adorable. So cute.
I would of course, love to chat more but heck... things to do. Hope you all have a lovely New Year and be careful not to hurt your backs doing the funny walk. Hope that final solution works out for you all?
Burningman ... over and out.
And there we have it, the leftists can't justify their argument cocisely & logically so revert to name calling, then they scuttle back under their rock with their tail between their legs.

Weak & insignificant as always.
Old 12-01-2018, 17:58   #1678

What does everyone think about another Referendum on the EU...I say NooooooNoooooNoooo
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 18:15   #1679
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont concern me at this point, don't think for a min there will be one.
Old 12-01-2018, 19:50   #1680
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

We're not the Jocks & most definitely not the eu with their "Do it over again until we get the result we want". It was clear it would be a once in a lifetime event, it happen, leave won, end of!

Now if only the whining remainiacs would accept these simple facts & put as much effort into getting behind the country & the result as they do to their constant bleating, Brexit would've been pretty much done & dusted by now.
cashman and hilleluk like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..