Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2018, 07:22   #1711

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyborn View Post
?

Are you speaking from experiance?
Are you speaking from experience?
Accyborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2018, 07:30   #1712

Travelled around quite a bit so YES
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 07:58   #1713
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
The experience of being born British may well have at one time been all one needed to go through life without worry let or hinderance. Sadly though to my mind being British nowadays isn't the guarantee it was, this is due to sucessive governments determination to destroy the Britush way of life as was by continually diluting our culture, heritage & nationality.

Allowing the mongrelisation of our Islands peoples by allowing an uncontrolled & unchecked influx of peoples that have no affiliation to our "old" nations ideals, culture or attitudes & thereby hastening the decline of what once was deemed British into a multiculti, mixed race, hodgepoge so desired & loved of the leftist eu-rinal federalists & their Codenhove-kalergi Bilderburgh puppeteers.

Being British is something that you are born into & not just something that is stamped into a passport!
Old 24-02-2018, 10:50   #1714

I have travelled throughout much of Europe and many times to USA. I have always enjoyed the experience and feel I have grown as a person because of the experience but am always happy to be returning to the UK and particularly Lancashire, I have never lived outside NE lancs and wouldn't want to. Just my thoughts.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 19:41   #1715
I am Banned

Quote:
He me not be but you can be dammed sure I am, I lived thro the last war, met a lot of survivors of the first world war, stood beside them at their mates graves in France & Belgium, listened to the stories of their lives during that time. I've heard, seen, and learnt a hell of a lot in my 80 years plus about being a true blue Britisher, and another thing we Britishers are not alone, a heck of a lot of our ex Commonwealth still regard the British Isles as the mother country, they fought besides us in those two World Wars without being asked. They are what you call real friends, those who will stand beside you without question, unlike those mealy mouthed money grabbing barstools, that call themselves the EU.
Writing this has really wound me up that much, I wish I could still reach for my rifle
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 10:34   #1716
God Member

Quote:
?

Are you speaking from experiance?
Are you writing from experience?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 01:03   #1717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Are you writing from experience?
Yes, to answer your question, I am writing from experience, and plenty of it. After being born, raised and living in Accrington for 43 years, the so called gud ol days. During that time I served in HM forces. I have been living in Perth, Western Australia for the last 43 years.
Old 27-02-2018, 05:14   #1718
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
living in Accrington for 43 years - living in Perth, Western Australia for the last 43 years.
So 86? That is quite a bit of experience & in the latter 43 years have you visited UK? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:00   #1719
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1209370? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.[/QUOTE]

its the same for people like me who have never lived abroad. go anywhere you have not been for years and apart from a couple of places nowhere has shown an improvement. could be the brave new world of the 60,s has shown more deteriation than what it replaced.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:00   #1720
Beacon of light

My sister has been over from Brisbane for the last three weeks.
She left the UK in 2002, to make her home in Oz.
She told me that she is so glad her daughter has grown up and been educated in Australia.
She finds the changes to this country horrifying.
She says that it no longer feels like Britain.
We had to into Blackburn for a death certificate and she said she understands why I hate the place so much.

You really do have to see it on a regular basis to make judgements of your own...your eyes do not lie.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2018, 08:00   #1721

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1209370]So 86? That is quite a bit of experience & in the latter 43 years have you visited UK? I usually visit once a year from Germany & to my mind the changes I see are extremely obvious & I can't say those changes please me, in fact I'd go as far as saying I find them disappointing & demoralising.[/QUOTE

Yes but only once in 1990 when I saw many changes, in my opinion, some good some bad, but the main reason we left was because the way the country was going and i could not see good prospects for our four children. From the feedback we get, I believe we made the right decision. As you say Dave, past and present governments have a lot to answer for. In my opinionon the country has been given away. I am sure that the lads that gave their lives, would be turning over in their graves if they knew what what has gone on in the last 60or70 years.
Old 27-02-2018, 08:31   #1722
Beacon of light

You certainly made the right decision.
If I were younger, I would do exactly the same.
Nritain is only a good place to be if you are fit, healthy, have money and can choose to live in a good area.
These good areas are getting harder and harder to find, because of the uncontrolled immigration that was allowed during the Tony Blair New Labour era.
That man did more damage to this country than Hitler.
He wanted a place in history and he has it...I think he must be one of the most hated men of recent times...and what he did, he did in our names...we, the electorate, gave him that power.
We were bloody fools to be hoodwinked by him.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:26   #1723
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

And once more the Germans show their foolishness, the SPD members voted by a 2/3 majority to go into a "GroKo" with Mutti's CDU/CSU party. It just shows that when it concerns gaining power & hanging on by any means, politicoes have the morales of a Bitch in heat!

Merkel Clings On as Left-Wing Social Democratic Party Votes for 'Grand Coalition'

I reckon 6 months down the line the infighting will be tremendous & the upside to all of this is that now the AfD will be the official opposition in the Reichsstag & I do think there will also be a slow but steady increase in their numbers/popularity after this latest of Mutti's shenanigans.

Hopefully later today there'll at least be some good news from the Eyties, I really do hope so.
Old 04-03-2018, 12:39   #1724
Beacon of light

Me too!
Old 04-03-2018, 12:41   #1725
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

And me.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..