Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2018, 12:40   #1771
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Thank you Mark...you can always learn something new here.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2018, 08:14   #1772
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just read a cutting from the Evening Standard, Nigel Farage is calling for a Referendum on wether or not to scrap the "House Of Lords" i personally think thats a damn good idea.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:16   #1773
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

160.000 signatures now, wonder how many before they get around to discussing this?
Old 11-05-2018, 12:07   #1774
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Apparently the government website shows all petitions, but lets be honest who visits a government site of their own free will?

https://petition.parliament.uk/
The above web site reveals there has been 18 petitions debated, 7 awaiting debate, and ONE not debated.
Guess what the subject was of the latter?
Getting rid of subsidised food and drink in the Palace of Westminster.
You couldn't make it up.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 13:06   #1775
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Can't remove cheap grub from the trough, they wouldn't have the strength to rummage around looking for any of the other perks they don't deserve.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:33   #1776
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Here's something you're not likely to see spouted widely by Al Beeb or the leftist MSM, can't think why?

Polish Immigrants Returning Home Cite Fear of Terrorism, Anti-White Racism by Black Brits

Wasn't it the nasty nazi Brexiteers who were supposedly responsible for the nastiness to "Johnny Forengier"?
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:16   #1777
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Here's something you're not likely to see spouted widely by Al Beeb or the leftist MSM, can't think why?

Polish Immigrants Returning Home Cite Fear of Terrorism, Anti-White Racism by Black Brits

Wasn't it the nasty nazi Brexiteers who were supposedly responsible for the nastiness to "Johnny Forengier"?
Thats obvious if they can't blame White Brit "Leavers" or elderly Brits, then total silence, I even read about a dusky ex Morgan Grenfell banker bitch yesterday saying people should pass a test before being allowed a vote, she was a staunch "Remainer,"
Old 12-05-2018, 10:33   #1778
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
people should pass a test before being allowed a vote,

Not a bad idea in itself, just depends who's setting out the parameters of said test.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:17   #1779
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

after your post Cashy I went "Goggling" & found the story you mentioned -

Ex Goldman Sachs banker: People should pass tests before they can vote | Daily Mail Online

She also talks about how politicoes should have real world experience too prior to taking up politics. Seems she's just saying what a lot of other folk have been saying but without the benefit of a media platform.

As an aside, out of curiosity the other day I took the online "Einbürgerungstest" (all in Germling I might add) for my County of residence NiederSachsen, I scored 27/33, it was multi choice, general knowledge-Poilics & common sense, the reason I screwed up on 6 of them was translation as German wording can be a tad tricksy. So if a dumbarse like me can qualify to become a "Krautling" & then be allowed to vote at National level, why shouldn't similar apply in UK, just saying like!
cashman likes this.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 12-05-2018 at 11:19.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:49   #1780
God Member

Quote:

funny how i never read or heard about any of these attacks before now. always thought that news has always been slanted one way.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 11:52   #1781
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
after your post Cashy I went "Goggling" & found the story you mentioned -

Ex Goldman Sachs banker: People should pass tests before they can vote | Daily Mail Online

She also talks about how politicoes should have real world experience too prior to taking up politics. Seems she's just saying what a lot of other folk have been saying but without the benefit of a media platform.

As an aside, out of curiosity the other day I took the online "Einbürgerungstest" (all in Germling I might add) for my County of residence NiederSachsen, I scored 27/33, it was multi choice, general knowledge-Poilics & common sense, the reason I screwed up on 6 of them was translation as German wording can be a tad tricksy. So if a dumbarse like me can qualify to become a "Krautling" & then be allowed to vote at National level, why shouldn't similar apply in UK, just saying like!
Cheers dave i said Morgan Grenfell, probably cos me memorys crap, so i shouldn't be allowed a vote. The cow dont even know the meaning of Democracy.
Old 14-05-2018, 12:23   #1782
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
The above web site reveals there has been 18 petitions debated, 7 awaiting debate, and ONE not debated.
Guess what the subject was of the latter?
Getting rid of subsidised food and drink in the Palace of Westminster.
You couldn't make it up.
However, it seems 'our' elected representatives do have the time tomorrow to debate "the contribution of Arsene Wenger to English football".
Guess which north London team that plays in red is the favourite of that arch-slime ball, Speaker John Bercow?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 19:25   #1783
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
However, it seems 'our' elected representatives do have the time tomorrow to debate "the contribution of Arsene Wenger to English football".
Sounds about right,why ever should we expect relevant things to be discussed?

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 14-05-2018 at 19:28.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2018, 20:14   #1784
Beacon of light

because our expectations of our representative are too high.
we should realise this from his past performance....which is nothing at all to shout about or celebrate.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2018, 10:16   #1785
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just had an e-mail telling me the house is committed to ensuring the house of lords "continues to fulfill its roll" etc etc, but as the petition is oer 100.000 they will consider it for a debate, So in other words they are gonna do sod all. expected as much the house is as undemocratic as anything, and people VOTE for these knobs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..