Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2018, 06:38   #1861
Full Member+

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

The remain camp are constantly telling us that lots of people have changed their minds about Brexit. What makes them so certain that the shift is from leave to remain? As I see it, remain voters will vote the same as they did before, leave voters will not have changed their minds as we want out because of the corrupt EU not because we hate foreigners and those who are still on the fence, by the law of averages will spread their votes evenly across, leave, remain and ballot papers with willies drawn on them.
hilleluk likes this.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2018, 06:47   #1862
Beacon of light

I can only go off those people in my circle of acquaintances...but I object to media sources having a poll...using only a very small sample and trumpeting the result without telling everyone that it was an online poll of only 1022 participants.

It is bogus and means nothing, but it undermines the 'negotiations'(more like stone walling to me) that are in progress....it plays into the hands of those EU snakes.
Stoking divisions is just up their street.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 08:15   #1863
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1214422] I object to media sources having a poll...using only a very small sample and trumpeting the result without telling everyone that it was an online poll of only 1022 participants.

they will do anything to promote their agenda.
hilleluk likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2018, 08:24   #1864
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The few hard core remainers are getting really Pathetic now in my view, according to the news approx 100,000 are marching in London today, excuse me but aint their 60 Million approx live here? they are that stupid they dont realise how ridiculous they look, also if they know what damage they could inflict on negotiations then they should be fined. a load of pillocks imho.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 23-06-2018, 09:19   #1865
God Member

Wonder who's paying for this March of the Moaners? Police and stewards, placards, refreshments, buses, cleaning-up.... Some billionaire Hungarian who got rich simply betting against the British Ł when it was stupidly tied to the ERM by a bunch of Europhile politicians, by any chance?
S'funny, 'foreign' money seems not a problem if it funds a day out in the sun for the Remoaners.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 07:32   #1866
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The few hard core remainers are getting really Pathetic now in my view, according to the news approx 100,000 are marching in London today, excuse me but aint their 60 Million approx live here? they are that stupid they dont realise how ridiculous they look, also if they know what damage they could inflict on negotiations then they should be fined. a load of pillocks imho.
thing is cashy they will never give up. too many politicians about who they can grab hold of their shirt tails to do anything to stop brexit. speaking to pro europeans i just cannot see where they are coming from. think the brainwashing media machine have certainly won em over.
Old 24-06-2018, 07:59   #1867
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
thing is cashy they will never give up. too many politicians about who they can grab hold of their shirt tails to do anything to stop brexit. speaking to pro europeans i just cannot see where they are coming from. think the brainwashing media machine have certainly won em over.
They will have to give up,when we finally leave the damn thing,? thing is when entry was voted for and we went in, It was the Common Market, a Trading place only we were told. most of those dickheads marching yesterday, have NO conception of that fact, they weren't even born. Also can you remember any big protests over entry? i can't cos accepted democracy in those days, these prats dont even know what that is!!
Old 24-06-2018, 10:52   #1868
Beacon of light

Maybe there were a 100,000...maybe the figures are media hype.
Whatever it was, 17.4 million voted to leave...that is NOT an estimate.
That is fact.

What I want to know is,that over the last two years,where have these people been when the vindictive, bullying Barnier and the vengeful Verhofstad have been spewing their bile against the people of this island?
Have they been deaf to the threats that these stone wallers have issued against Britain, for having the gall and temerity....the cojones to think of leaving???

Do they not see that we are not welcome in their club....other than we provide a very large chunk of their (currently unaudited) finances.

If we had been as important as an ally as they make out, then more effort would have been given to making sure that staying in the EU was an attractive prospect.
That they haven't made the effort says a lot.
Why cross oceans for an organisation that would not jump a puddle for us?

Do these people live on the moon?
Are they really saying that they want to be the 'serfs' of the undemocratic organisation that is the EU.

Looking at many of these protesters, not many of them have known anything else other than the shackles of the EU.
The vote was to leave....and I hope that is what we do....no single market (with all the strings attached) no customs union....no free movement.
Just OUT....shut the door, tell them we are done.
cashman, Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-06-2018, 11:11   #1869
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The simple fact is Margaret they are STUPID
Old 24-06-2018, 11:24   #1870
Beacon of light

Well, I don't like to use that term...I just don't understand their thought processes.
Maybe they are gullible, easily duped.
Just as we were duped when we were taken into the Common Market.
There was no mention of anything other than trade, no hint of monetary or political union.
Up until now we have not been allowed to make our thoughts felt.
Now we have....and tha majority voted to leave.
Democracy says that is what has to happen...Anything Less is a betrayal of democracy and of the electorate.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 26-06-2018, 06:57   #1871
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Gullible @ Duped means Stupid in my world, summat i have been myself occasionally.
Old 26-06-2018, 12:26   #1872
Beacon of light

I think that when we are young it is relatively easy to be taken in because we do not have enough experience of life...of being let down by people in authority.
Many of the folk on this protest appeared to fall into that category.
If, however, you get to our ripe years and you have not developed some kind of radar that detects the guff that the media and politicians like to feed us...then that Cashy, is STUPID with a capital Stew.
We all know that they are out for their own ends....we have seen their promises broken more times than we have been to sleep.
I know that when I am faced with something that looks or sounds bogus....I ask myself why they are feeding me this crap. What is their agenda, and why are they trying to bamboozle me...the answer is nearly always because they have their own agenda....and think they can(bamboozle me, that is)
Likewise, I am sceptical of news stories....some folk read the headline without bothering to read the meat of it....and then will believe that headline.

This is not to say that at some point we may both slip our moorings and go back to gullible...but I kind of hope we don't.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 26-06-2018 at 12:28.
Old 26-06-2018, 13:27   #1873
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Hmm, gullible what a word, there used to be a tame joke several years ago that went along these lines:-

Do you know the word gullible is the only one not defined in the English dictionary?

Really says the gullible one.

Yes it's true, if you don't believe me look it up.

Old gullible would come back later and claim you to be wrong, they'd found it.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2018, 08:09   #1874
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1214501]I think that when we are young it is relatively easy to be taken in because we do not have enough experience of life...of being let down by people in authority.

you have hit the nail on its remaining head there margaret. you actually believed politicians, schoolteachers and parents when you were young and took all their views as gospel. then you grew up.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:27   #1875
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

A decent man steps down because of DisMay & her petulant attitude, there were also two others

https://www.breitbart.com/london/201...s-own-country/

DisMay needs to go now! And according to the rumour mill the 1922 committee is getting a fair bit of mail, the sooner the useless mare is gone the better, but the replacement MUST be an out & out Brexiteer!
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..