Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2018, 17:12   #2011
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The senior civil servants will have no doubt played a part in this fiasco, but the politicos greed to me play the largest part, thats probably a deflection i think. the kinnocks are a good example of greed.
In fact its a damn good idea to blame Faceless / Nameless people for it, the more i think about it!
Old 16-11-2018, 17:47   #2012

If you would like a Date Certain in 2019?
May I suggest the 4th of July?
It has a nice ring to it and the weather is usually good for a cook out and a party.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 17:51   #2013
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
In fact its a damn good idea to blame Faceless / Nameless people for it, the more i think about it!
Olly (oily) Robbins name has to be favourite...I feel sure that he was in the pockets of those in Brussels...maybe he was chosen to be on the UK negotiating team(that's a joke in itself) because he was pro EU.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 18:51   #2014
Senior Member+

only 6 cabinet ministers of david camerons govenment canpained or voted to leave the EU
here is what happened to them
priti patel, forced to resign 2017:
john whittingdale, sack by thresea may 2016:
theresa villiers, forced to resign 2016:
iain duncan smith, forced to resign 2016:
chris grayling, forced to resign 2016:
michael gove sacked by thresa may 2016:
monkey hanger likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 20:13   #2015
Full Member+

We did sign up to help fund some projects and it is only right we keep to our promises but why has it taken 2 years to add a column of figures up with disagreement about what those numbers add up to.

I have a slide rule and an abacus if they need to borrow either of them.

http://www.studiosoft.co.uk

Family History - Can you help to fill in the gaps? - http://www.hodgkinsonclark.co.uk
Hodgkinson, Clark, Baxter, Gardner, Spilman, Ward, Lofthouse, Fowler, Westwell
Morecambe Ex Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 20:24   #2016
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe Ex Pat View Post
We did sign up to help fund some projects and it is only right we keep to our promises but why has it taken 2 years to add a column of figures up with disagreement about what those numbers add up to.

I have a slide rule and an abacus if they need to borrow either of them.
Why should we play fair if the E.U. dont?
Old 16-11-2018, 21:52   #2017
Beacon of light

Personally, I think THEY owe us money.
We have helped them twice out of the brown smelly sticky stuff....it seems that that counts for burger all.
The UK's problem has been that it slavishly follows the rules....and the EU know this and have used it to screw us to the floor on more than one occasion.
DAVID Cameron came back with a deal you would not wipe your bum on....TM's deal is not much different.
It is not what she promised, and I just hope that it is voted out....but I am afraid that this is a way of shackling us to the undemocrstic EU.

Why would we want to be dealt rules by this bunch.
Recently Italy came up with a budget...it was formulated by properly democratically elected politicians.
The EU(not elected by the people of Italy) have thrown this budget out and told them to 'think again' and if they cannot come up with something better, then there will be severe financial consequences.
What right has Brussels got to over ride the elected representatives of the people?

We could be in a similar position if we sign up to this as we will have no say over ruling that are passed by the Mandarins of the EU.

As I said in an earlier post....when you see the likes of Michel Barnier, Donald Tusk and Guy Verhofstad smiling, you know that the draft is going to be bad for us.
Old 24-11-2018, 19:46   #2018

Well the tea drinking surrender monkey, Theresa May, just took a giant crap on the Rock of Gibraltar... snip, snip, snip. Things seem to be working out perfectly!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...9CCkJx14nR4qWo
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 10:49   #2019
Beacon of light

Well, although this newspaper says it is independent, it has a very long history of being biased against every Tory government that has existed...leopards do not change their spots.

It reports that Spain would veto the draft proposals...in this respect I think it is wrong because it has been on the news here that Spain does not have the power to veto the proposal (Spain is the country that denied the Catalan governments referendum and indicted Catalans elected government).
Also, the leader of the Spanish government said he may not even attend the meeting....so that would sort out that veto.

Reading this media news provider is like doing a jigsaw puzzle....having just one piece and trying to decide what the picture is.

The whole business of extracting ourselves from the clutches of those who do not have our best interests at heart, has been a tough road.
The referendum was agreed by David Cameron....and on finding the results had gone against his advice, took the cowards way out and resigned rather than go back to Brussels.
How very manly of him.
He left the job to a woman. Whatever your opinions are of the PM. She has stood her ground,she has not given up...she has done more than many male politicians would have done, but in your eyes she is a 'surrender monkey'.....this is because she has not got the deal that we all would like.
Why is this?
Well, the answer is simple really....she is trying to please everyone and it cannot be done.
Not only that she is wrestling with a slimy organisation who have no desire to negotiate.
There has been NO negotiation...because it is NOT in the interest of Brussels to give us anything but a raw deal.
They want to see us fail....and fail spectacularly....that is their only aim.

It has been hard for Theresa May to negotiate because there have been enemies in her camp....enemies who have let the other side see the plan of action.
The political parties have been divided. And everyone knows that the best way to defeat a foe is to divide and scatter them.
The EU have done this very well.
I voted to leave the EU...and was promised that no deal would be better than a raw deal.
The deal on the table right now is no better than staying in the EU...we did not vote for this.

There is a way to go yet....it has to get through Parliament...and the chances of that look very slim.
This is brinkmanship.
hilleluk likes this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 25-11-2018 at 10:57.
Old 25-11-2018, 11:31   #2020

We would have had the deal, or near to the deal that we voted for, if it were not for the Traitors in all the political parties.
The Labour party, the SNPeeee, the like of Ken Clark, Soubry, Damien Grieve to name just a few.

All of these people fed the EU with garbage that the 17.4 million people who voted to leave the EU were as thick as mince and did not know what they voted for, well, as far as I am concerned, do not put all the blame on T. May. she never really had much of a chance. It will not get through The House of Commons, we should just say No Deal
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 14:16   #2021
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have to agree with Hilleluk, just tell em to get stuffed and walk away,there was always bound to be problems whatever happened with the referendum anyone who cant see that is short on common sense.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:21   #2022
Beacon of light

That was what should have happened as soon as it became clear that there would be no negotiation....only demands from the EU.
They want our cash...they need our cash and this so called deal will have us paying in with no say over legislation.
We will still have to follow EU directives and the ECJ will still have a hold over us.
This does not(in my opinion) constitute leaving.
I do not trust the EU to keep any promises it makes.

Maybe they are hoping to draw it all out until the 17.4 million who voted to leave, snuff it.
That would be it...problem solved!
hilleluk likes this.
Old 25-11-2018, 15:47   #2023

T. May has asked all MP's to back this so called deal, as it is good for the country, whether you voted remain or leave. This was a Democratic vote and leave won. They do not have anything to think about, they must all vote NO DEAL, otherwise democracy goes out the window
cashman likes this.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 16:14   #2024

They say the average European Union official has the organizing ability of the Italians, the flexibility of the Germans, and the modesty of the French. Add the imagination of the Belgians, the generosity of the Dutch and the intelligence of the Irish and you can see the benefits of swift departure.
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 17:35   #2025
Beacon of light

When you see the officials in Brussels smiling at the thought of us committing to this deal....you KNOW it is no good for us...and very good for them.
There are a whole load of doomladen prophesies doing the rounds.....that we will be unable to get the chemicals that sanitise our water supplies....they are imported from the EU....I am sure that these suppliers will want to continue to trade....they want our money.
If it were so that we could not get supplies from them, then there is enough time to source alternative supplies....have it all at the ready...or better still get on and make it here.

I have said it before.... no one knows what will happen if and when.....all we need to show those across the channel, is that we are of one mind, strong resolve and ready to do what it takes.
cashman and hilleluk like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..