Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2018, 16:48   #2026

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

I am not surprised they are all smiling, we are going to give the EU 39 billion, and for at least 21 years no auditor will sign off the books.
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2018, 17:11   #2027
Senior Member+

I have never missed voting through out my life but if the government give us a referendum and then go against the will of the majority where is democracy
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2018, 17:43   #2028
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To them people mate Democracy only counts if it suits.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 26-11-2018, 12:32   #2029
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To them people mate Democracy only counts if it suits.
if the vote had been for what the majority of them wanted in the first place to remain anyone who mentioned leaving again would be quickly shouted down saying you,ve had your chance and the majority wanted to remain. so you are totally spot on cashy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2018, 12:34   #2030
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I have never missed voting through out my life but if the government give us a referendum and then go against the will of the majority where is democracy
i,ll never vote again for anything if this happens. things are finished to me if it does.
Old 26-11-2018, 14:55   #2031
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i,ll never vote again for anything if this happens. things are finished to me if it does.
That's exactly the response Whitehall and the EU want.
I'll vote again, too many people died to make that possible, but it will never be for any of the current parties that have had a hand in selling out the UK.
If this betrayal by the politicians, Whitehall mandarins, and the Metroplitan Media does go through there'll continue to be a decade of wrangling in British and EUSSR politics.
Macron got himself elected with a new party that was barely one year in existence and, if we all remember just who tried to cheat the electorate, voting could well be more effective next time around.
DaveinGermany and hilleluk like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 08:40   #2032
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1219847, voting could well be more effective next time around.[/QUOTE]

only if those you mention get what they want then there may be another vote. sorry we voted once and for me thats it, end of.
cashman likes this.
Old 27-11-2018, 09:56   #2033
Senior Member+

Well I voted to leave and wouldn’t be changing my vote but I do wonder with all the remain biased media, what would happen if we do get a so called peoples vote, as far as I’m concerned we had a peoples vote in the referendum but the remainders who obviously don’t believe in democracy at all believe we should just keep voting and hope one day the result will be what they want
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 10:18   #2034
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Well I voted to leave and wouldn’t be changing my vote but I do wonder with all the remain biased media, what would happen if we do get a so called peoples vote, as far as I’m concerned we had a peoples vote in the referendum but the remainders who obviously don’t believe in democracy at all believe we should just keep voting and hope one day the result will be what they want
People like those are unfit to be in Parliament or unfit to have a vote full stop. imho.
Old 27-11-2018, 10:33   #2035
Beacon of light

While I would not relish a second vote on this issue(purely because it devalues the democratic process....it gives the message that it is irrelevant)...if a second vote was required I would vote exactly the same way.

As things stand, and if this deal does (somehow) get through Parliament, it will effectively mean that we are in hock to the EU for many many years(I do not trust those nefarious Brussels bods).....still paying, still swallowing the rules handed to us, but with no say(not that having a say made ANY appreciable difference in the past...and it will NOT be Brexit.

They will be sprinkling my grave with the vintage bottle of Dom Perignon that I have in reserve to celebrate our exit.

I really despair of seeing us leave....and I mean LEAVE entirely.
cashman, DaveinGermany and Gremlin like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 17:31   #2036

Where are our Men of abilities? Why do they not come forth to save their Country?
George Washington

Where are ours?
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 18:26   #2037
Beacon of light

Mark, I am sorry to tell you that there are none.
Men of strength and principle have died out to be replaced by those who only have interest in what they can do for themselves.

Unless there is anyone out there who knows of one.
Old 27-11-2018, 19:30   #2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Mark, I am sorry to tell you that there are none.
Men of strength and principle have died out to be replaced by those who only have interest in what they can do for themselves.

Unless there is anyone out there who knows of one.
We need somebody with fire in their bellies, maybe like old style Labour politicians.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 20:05   #2039
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark2009 View Post
We need somebody with fire in their bellies, maybe like old style Labour politicians.
Mark
If only, but they died out with our heavy industries. What Labour has now are public school children and barristers.
It's partly because, over the past 43 years, the UK Parliament had nowt to do that it's currently filled with self-serving poltroons.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2018, 20:39   #2040
Beacon of light

That is so true.
The politicians were coasting...they were not doing anything like effective law making, they were quite happy for other people to make the rules and if we did not like these rules they would just shrug their shoulders as if to say 'what can we do about it?'......they had abdicated their responsibilities, but were still taking our money for doing the job.

They were quite happy to allow our sovereignty to be pawned....to be given to unelected people who have no interest in what is best for us. People we cannot remove by democratic process.
All those years we had no say in what was happening....what was being ALLOWED and it was being done in our name.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..