Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2018, 07:53   #2041
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/...ll_mps_listen/

This is the headline on the front of today's DM.
It purports to be a survey of the everyday folk...the people who voted for Brexit. People like you and me. They do NOT represent my opinion...and I would like to be asked before they print bilge like this.
It will lead many to believe that it is a reasonable result for the questions asked.

How many people in the country participated in this survey do you think?
Was it ten thousand? Five thousand maybe? NO....it was less than 1100....and the DM thinks that this is representative of opinion in this country?
17.4 million voted to leave.
They were promised that NO DEAL would be preferable to a bum deal.
This deal is definitely a bum deal....it was signed off with relish in 27 minutes by the 27 members of the EU....that says it all.
It is a GOOD DEAL for them(they will have us in their clutches...along with our money, forever)
Do not swallow this garbage.
hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2018, 07:57   #2042
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The Daily Mail headline is complete balls as far as i'm concerned, its just another effort to brainwash the people. just hope the people can see this, somehow have me doubts.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 08:38   #2043
Beacon of light

I have dashed off a letter to them to tell them that a survey of 1030 by Survation, is NOT representative of the views of the 17.4 million who voted.
I don't think they will print it.
cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 28-11-2018, 09:11   #2044
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I have dashed off a letter to them to tell them that a survey of 1030 by Survation, is NOT representative of the views of the 17.4 million who voted.
I don't think they will print it.
They have no doubt put the views of people of their choosing, Funny how these surveys never mention the average age of those interviewed.
Old 28-11-2018, 09:37   #2045
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1219904]
Men of strength and principle have died out to be replaced by those who only have interest in what they can do for themselves.

be interesting when there is the next general election. the weasels will be changing their coats every few minutes depending who they talk to to get your votes.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 09:49   #2046

T.May has had a real bad turn if she thinks touring the Country to try and persuade us that this is a good and only deal
It is a BAD deal. She should put her hands up now that the deal she signed is rubbish, send a delegation of MPs eg. Leadsom Jacob Reece Mog Ian Duncan Smith and Arlene Foster and tell the EU to thinks again
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 09:51   #2047
Beacon of light

I do not think the politicians realise that if this deal goes through, it will signal the end of democracy...or the illusion of democracy.
Being the cynical person that I am(this is the result of life experience) I have always said that democracy does not exist....and that if voting changed anything, they(the people who see themselves as the elite) would stop us from doing it..

There have been times in my life when I have not been able to cast an effective vote.....but I have always used my ballot paper....I will continue to do that...even if it is only to write 'What? Vote for these to$$ers?'
Less likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 10:01   #2048
Beacon of light

I wondered if the Polling company had any political leanings, but I cannot find anything.
I reckon that it is not the polling company that are to be censured, but the publication which commissioned it and paid for it.
I would like to see the criteria for the inclusion of participants, where (geographically) it was conducted(I suspect it was London and the Home Counties....it certainly was not North of Watford)....the survey was far too small to be accurately representative of public opinion.
cashman likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 10:40   #2049
God Member

[QUOTE=hilleluk;1219937]T.May has had a real bad turn if she thinks touring the Country to try and persuade us that this is a good and only deal

if she did and had 100 per cent support from the british public there still would be no guarentee it would get through parliament. thats what democracy really means and always has.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 14:04   #2050

Daily Express..
"Brexit LIVE: ‘POWER is with us!’ Utter disbelief as Brussels chief GLOATS at May’s deal."

You xenophobic village idiots have cut your own throats and the throats of Britons as yet unborn. You will reduce the country to the status of Greece, but with 5hitty weather. The UK have tried to punch above their weight since WW2 and now the government has thrown in the towel on your behalf.
Just booked a trip home for March when I expect the Pound will crap the bed? It will be cheaper than going to Mexico. I will bring some cancer meds and food parcels.

Will the last one alive please turn the lights off....Having fun yet?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...may-trade-deal
Burningman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2018, 15:34   #2051
Beacon of light

It seems that you hold us in contempt....(bit like those in the EU)so why bother coming over here?
Oh, yes....I guess you have family here....you sit in your ivory tower over in the good old US and make judgements about things you can have no real idea about.

You left.
We are still here. How would you like Mexico to be making your laws?
Telling you what you can do and cannot do.
We had a democratic vote.
That the politicians who are doing the dealing have made a crap fight of it is not of our making.
Old 28-11-2018, 15:53   #2052
Beacon of light

The fact that Brussels is gloating should tell you something about WHY we want to be free of them.
My father fought for our freedom....it has been insidiously given away by successive mealy mouthed governments....and you think we should suck this up do you?
If we did that you would be equally scathing about us not having the gonads to stand up to these unelected undemocratic bullies.

Your gloating is a very unattractive trait...don't bother to bring anything...in fact don't even bother to bring yourself...we do not need more snakes here....we have enough of our own traitorous reptiles
Old 28-11-2018, 16:02   #2053
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burningman View Post
Daily Express..
"Brexit LIVE: ‘POWER is with us!’ Utter disbelief as Brussels chief GLOATS at May’s deal."

You xenophobic village idiots have cut your own throats and the throats of Britons as yet unborn. You will reduce the country to the status of Greece, but with 5hitty weather. The UK have tried to punch above their weight since WW2 and now the government has thrown in the towel on your behalf.
Just booked a trip home for March when I expect the Pound will crap the bed? It will be cheaper than going to Mexico. I will bring some cancer meds and food parcels.

Will the last one alive please turn the lights off....Having fun yet?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...may-trade-deal
The only idiot i can see is someone who beggered off to the U.S.A. Do me a favour STOP YON.
Old 28-11-2018, 16:09   #2054
Beacon of light

Cashy burningman says he has booked a trip 'home'....to a place he despises.
He has insulted those of us who had a vote, used it to make a difference to life here.
He didn't think much of life here and left. Therefore he has no say...no vote.

He has called us 'xenophobic village idiots'....now my dad used to tell me that anyone who resorted to insults had a very weak argument...and needed to up their game.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-11-2018, 16:39   #2055
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

He can call us what he wishes, i know a plank when i see one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..