Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2018, 07:35   #2071
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
And that, as I've previously mentioned is the mentality we're up against time & time again. Our Colonial cousins lack the insight or knowledge of what is happening in the next state let alone half a world away.
Its a case of know it all, but know nowt simple as,
Old 30-11-2018, 08:43   #2072
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1220003]
The Brits follow rules slavishly, the Germans bend the rules to fit their needs and the French ignore totally the rules that they do not like/agree with....so it was never a fair and level playing field.

thats where the problem has always been and the reason why so many wanted out. we dot every I and cross every T in any legislation whilst our friends across the channel look at things as if they were a suggestion and not a law.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2018, 09:12   #2073
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1220018]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The Brits follow rules slavishly, the Germans bend the rules to fit their needs and the French ignore totally the rules that they do not like/agree with....so it was never a fair and level playing field.

thats where the problem has always been and the reason why so many wanted out. we dot every I and cross every T in any legislation whilst our friends across the channel look at things as if they were a suggestion and not a law.
Yer not kidding, when we lived and worked in Spain, i used to love calling in the bank, i always went to the chap who spoke good english,cos it was easier, first thing he used to do was get his fags out and me and him would then discuss whatever i had gone in for, whist smoking a Fortuna. there was very little if any regard for e.u. rules pmsl.
Old 04-12-2018, 16:39   #2074

The vote has gone against the Government for whether or not the Brexit legal advice should be published in full. Cant remember where I read it but one opinion was that it may say that we will be tied in a customs union to EU for evermore. The Government is "responding" on Wednesday.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 16:59   #2075
Beacon of light

Hotel California.
KiTChener likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 17:13   #2076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Hotel California.

You can check-out any time you like
But you can never leave!
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 17:36   #2077
Beacon of light

Exactly.
Geoffrey Cox the Attorney General has publicly said this deal(which will not get through the parliamentary system) is a trap formulated by those snakes(those are my words, not his) in the EU to keep us trapped in a customs union, because the Northern Ireland problem will not be solved to,the satisfaction of both the UK and the EU and without this solution they will never give us permission to exit.

Now does this not strike you as being a dictatorship....yet there are those in this country, who wish to remain in this traitorous organisation.

I lay much of the blame at the feet of spineless politicians who let those in the EU be aware of the division in the country. Those who let those in Brussels know of the battle plans....made them know of the weaknesses.
I also think that there has been nothing in the way of negotiation because the EU KNEW that the country was divided on the result of a referendum....and need not do much to negotiate....it hoped that the result could be brought into disrepute and reversed.
Many very rich people have done much to undermine the will of the electorate.
George Soros springs to mind.

I despair of the future for our children.
Democracy is just an illusion
KiTChener and cashman like this.
Old 04-12-2018, 17:40   #2078
Beacon of light

So now....once the information is published, parliament will be allowed to determine what deal is accepted....the no deal (the one that was said by the PM to be better than a raw deal) looks like it is dead in the water.
The deal that has been extracted from those in Brussels is only beneficial to them....not to the Uk....and the smiles on the faces of Donald Tusk, Michel Barnier and JCJuncker should tell you all you need to know.
We have been well and truly stitched up.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 05-12-2018, 07:21   #2079
Beacon of light

When I voted to leave the EU, MY vote was that we did not remain part of the European Court of Justice.
My vote was that free movement was no longer available.
My vote was to cease to be a part of the Customs Union. That we ceased to be a part of the Single Market.
In short, I voted to have no part in the Federalisation of Europe. I wanted(for future generations) to be free of the ties and costs that this corrupt organisation extracts.
I did NOT vote for the half assed affair that the inept politicians in all parties have made it.

I fear that my vote was wasted, trashed, taken for granted.
If the UK signs up to this deal then we have been conquered without a shot being fired.
We will be forever in the clutches of the dictatorship that the EEC has morphed into.

And, you can be sure that these snakes will make us pay for our audacity.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:24   #2080
God Member

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1220204
We will be forever in the clutches of the dictatorship that the EEC has morphed into.

And, you can be sure that these snakes will make us pay for our audacity.[/QUOTE]

plus a big warning to any other country who wants to get out. you can but you,ll pay for it big time if you try to. the EU dictatorship which for some reason is loves by so many. just do not get it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 11:19   #2081
Beacon of light

Well now the legal advice has been published it reveals that we could be stuck in the backstop forever with no chance of exit....and before anyone points out the salient word is COULD....it is highly likely that this would happen, and is what put the grins on the faces of the three stooges in Brussels.
Get us OUT....RIGHT OUT !
cashman likes this.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:29   #2082
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Its pretty obvious to all but the totally STUPID that is the case.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:40   #2083
Beacon of light

How can this information be 'against the public interest'...don't our government feel that we have a right to know that we could be handcuffed to the EU forever(though that was how I saw this deal)?

Now those who voted remain....what do they feel about this EU jiggery pokery?
Or do they see it as all's fair in love and EU negotiation?

I think our PM does not have a snowflake in Hells chance of getting this through Parliament.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 05-12-2018, 21:09   #2084

we were lied to before we voted, we have been lied to during this all and will be lied to some more.
We were screwed before we voted, we have been screwed since and will be screwed whatever happens.

Heck, we live in the north west.
We are screwed.
I am taking extra fish oil pills so I can be really supple, also practicing some yoga so I can bend over and kiss my own arse goodbye once it finally happens.
RainbowSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:35   #2085
Beacon of light

How do you know when a politician is lying?
His/her mouth is moving.

I am beginning to doubt that it will ever happen....and it certainly will not happen how we were told it would....you know that soundbite 'No deal is better than a bad deal'
This is as bad a deal as cowardly D.Cameron came back with....but we are being asked to swallow it as it is the best we are likely to get.

No wonder they are grinning like loons on acid in Brussels.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..