Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 12:46   #2086
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

All the shiphouses are telling us now that we are better stopping in the E.U. so what that means is yer vote was not worth sod all. we know better than you thick oiks.
hilleluk likes this.
Old 06-12-2018, 14:31   #2087
God Member

We only got a referendum because the political class believe the polls (because they can’t find time to talk to ordinary people), which all ‘guaranteed’ that Remoan would win. They were wrong.
May called an election because the same polls told her she was bound to increase her majority. They were wrong.
Now the pollsters, who interview a few hundred people who have nothing better to do than stand in the rain answering leading questions, tell us a second referendum would again result in Remoan.
Personally I find the only people who mouth off in public about the issue tend to be Remoaners, but i’ve yet to find anyone who voted Leave who has changed their mind.
So it’s now all these sore political losers who suddenly, against all their previously expressed principles, want a referendum.
But, if they get one (and that’s a big if) they may find that polls are, yet again, wrong.
I’d vote tomorrow for no deal if it meant we got out of the clutches of the EU.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 15:13   #2088
Beacon of light

Me too.
I am sick of reading Survation polls of less than 2000 respondents being touted as what the general population thinks....the best of it is that some people will not look at the numbers of those asked and will take it as the truth.

I know of no one who voted to leave that has changed their stance, however I DO know some who voted to remain, who now think that they would change their vote to leave.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 15:29   #2089
Senior Member+

I have two friends who have changed their mind and would vote leave if there was a second referendum, reason being, they are sick and fed up of all the bully boy tactics of the Eurocrats. But if there was a second referendum and people didn't like the result could there be a third, If I I didn't like the result of a general election could I ask for another election? I'm getting a bit sick of all the messing about. We voted OUT why are we till arguing.
Old 06-12-2018, 15:38   #2090
Beacon of light

Simple Russell, because we have a snakepit of spineless, gutless people in the Palace of Westminster, on both sides of the house.
Our politicians have not been united in their approach to the major issues that provoked the referendum.
They have THOUGHT that they knew better than us, they have acted in patrician ways....believing that we have not the brains to bless ourselves with.

It is in THEIR interests to remain in this undemocratic organisation....if Brussels do the lawmaking, hand down the rules, then there is less work for them to do....and they will ALWAYS have someone else they can blame.

If we sign up to this deal then all the young men who went out to fight for the freedoms we enjoy, died for nothing.....we will be conquered without a shot having been fired.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:06   #2091
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The French dont like their Government so they demonstrate big time,in the capital, our lot do sod all apart from bitch on social media.
Old 08-12-2018, 20:14   #2092
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
We only got a referendum because the political class believe the polls (because they can’t find time to talk to ordinary people), which all ‘guaranteed’ that Remoan would win. They were wrong.
May called an election because the same polls told her she was bound to increase her majority. They were wrong.
Now the pollsters, who interview a few hundred people who have nothing better to do than stand in the rain answering leading questions, tell us a second referendum would again result in Remoan.
Personally I find the only people who mouth off in public about the issue tend to be Remoaners, but i’ve yet to find anyone who voted Leave who has changed their mind.
So it’s now all these sore political losers who suddenly, against all their previously expressed principles, want a referendum.
But, if they get one (and that’s a big if) they may find that polls are, yet again, wrong.
I’d vote tomorrow for no deal if it meant we got out of the clutches of the EU.
best of five
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 23:38   #2093

I have something I would like to share with the group. I have read a great deal about Brexit, written by people of various levels of skill and knowledge, and some with an obvious axe to grind. I recently read an article written by John O'Sullivan and published in The National Review.
I found it to be one of the more clear eyed explanations of the games being played by the friends in parliament. Thought you might appreciate some analysis from outside of Britain looking in?

Here is the link to the article and I hope you find it enlightening?

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...ermine-brexit/

Sincerely,
Joe
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:10   #2094
Beacon of light

Thank you for that link.
It underlines what many on here have been saying from the outset...and it is no surprise to those of us who want to leave lock, stock and barrel.The dealings should only ever have been done by the people who were proven to be in favour of leaving.

Those who were remainers were never going to deliver the deal that the electorate voted for.
There are those who say that the electorate didn't vote for a deal....it just voted to leave.
That might be true, but most of us knew that the EU would NEVER give us a fair deal.
TM told us that she would rather accept No deal than a bad deal.
Now there has been an about face....and the EU have us by the goolies.
We are being told that while this deal is not perfect, it is the best we will get.
THAT JUST IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
We are told that we must expect to compromise.
WE HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT COMPROMISE.
The EU have NOT negotiated....they have bullied, insulted and railroaded.

I am ashamed of the lack of courage shown by those who were elected to rule us....but not surprised.
They have their own agenda's....and they do not include what is good for the will of the people.
The media try to brainwash us by giving us results of bogus polls...trying to make us believe that the people have changed their minds on leaving.
I do not buy it....and they are not fooling me.
I despair of ever getting out of the clutches of the EU.
Less, cashman and hilleluk like this.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:31   #2095
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

This meaningful vote makes me laugh, its only meaningful for the ******* that want to remain,
hilleluk likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:45   #2096
Beacon of light

Why vote if it changes nothing?
Letting the electorate vote thinking that ithas the power to influence how things are done is a big con....and really, when you think about it our system is no better than that of the EU.
(Well, other than they want us to think it is democratic rather than bureaucratic)
hilleluk likes this.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:18   #2097

The two things that most disturbed me in O'Sullivan's article were that TM was pressing Britain into the role of a Vassal State (the last crew to attempt that were the Nazis) and secondly that the BBC were complicit in support of TM. I had always counted on Auntie Beeb to provide News rather than editorial?
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00   #2098
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The BBC have never too be trusted in my view joe.
Old 09-12-2018, 17:39   #2099
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The French dont like their Government so they demonstrate big time,in the capital, our lot do sod all apart from bitch on social media.
Perhaps unlike the French, we know we can't win if we take to the streets if we end up protesting the first thing the government will do is set the troops on us, death and mayhem for the masses.
Wheras the French have a tradition of revolution and their government would prefer a protest to be a bit like mardigra with death as a side line.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 17:42   #2100
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
There is far more widespread action in France than what the mainstream media shows/tells us about. I even managed to spot a few placards showing "FREXIT". Even small towns are in the protests and I understand there are discussions next week with a number of French Unions, including Public Service ones.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..