Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2018, 06:37   #2161
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Yes..Political finger wagging at us for having the temerity to join a petition that will get scant attention from the politicians (who have their own agenda to follow....and it does not match ours).
I despair of getting out....really out ....of the EU.
They are NOT our friends....they are NOT our allies....they have NO interest in the UK other than the money it contributes to this vast money hungry organisation.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-12-2018, 19:24   #2162
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I'm sure that petition was on 202 thousand odd this morning, it's now over the 230,000 mark. Meanwhile the remainiac petitions demanding a stop to a clean brexit/no deal whatever/wto deal are where exactly ....? See for yourselves below.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions?state=open

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 18-12-2018 at 19:27.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2018, 19:35   #2163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just seen on Sky News,that Cameron has told his euro skeptic ministers they will be forced to resign, if they are saying they are for coming out of the E.U., anyone thinking that folk are going to get a free choice is seriously deluded, i may have it, but any Tory Minister who feels we should be out of Europe certainly dont. Seems hes hoping to brainwash the public, anyone who believes out he says is nuts imho.
I posted this in June 2015, seems to me not much has changed, no matter what May says.
Old 19-12-2018, 12:50   #2164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

There is now over 243 000 signatures on the leave the E.U. without a Deal petition now.
Old 19-12-2018, 12:56   #2165
Beacon of light

The government are getting into a flat spin about leaving with No deal....it is what they should have been anticipating from day one....anyone with half a brain would have known that we would never get what could be considered a'good' deal....that was never in the DNA of the EU negotiators(!)
They do not want us to succeed, they want us to be an abject lesson to other members who might be considering similar action.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-12-2018, 12:58   #2166
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is the government should decide wether to debate after 100,000 funny how they aint bothered yet?
Old 19-12-2018, 13:21   #2167
Beacon of light

I think they are currently busy trading insults.
I thought that once the target had been reached the had to debate it....but they do not have to do it within any time frame.
Old 19-12-2018, 13:57   #2168
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I think they are currently busy trading insults.
I thought that once the target had been reached the had to debate it....but they do not have to do it within any time frame.
To the best of my knowledge they have to consider debating it.?
Old 20-12-2018, 04:53   #2169
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge they have to consider debating it.?

That is correct Cashy,

Parliament will consider this for a debate

Parliament considers all petitions that get more than 100,000 signatures for a debate

But note the wording is "consider", which means they can just as easily bin any thought of debate after due consideration. Personally I think this one will be debated due to its toxicity & volatility, but the debate will probably be held in some tatty canteen within the halls of power, present will be about 15 extrmely low ranking ploiticoes/interns with a 13 to 2 leaning of remainiacs!

So with that in mind I don't see it really influencing things, but it gives the creatures the right to then turn round & say "Job done! No more discussion on the subject, next!"
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-12-2018, 12:34   #2170
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
....So with that in mind I don't see it really influencing things, but it gives the creatures the right to then turn round & say "Job done! No more discussion on the subject, next!"
Your conclusion is, i’m sure, correct, Dave.
But the reason I signed this petition was not in expectation of our benighted MPs doing anything (their incompetence is, after all, why we are where we are now).
It was simply to show that there are a helluva lot of voters out there who do not buy all the bull that’s been spouted in Parliament, Brussels, the Polling companies, and the British media over the last three years and will vote AGAIN to leave the EU completely, irrevocably, and immediately.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 15:12   #2171
Beacon of light

Mine too.
I just want them to be able to see the level of disappointment with how we have been treated.
I also want them to realise how gutless we believe our government to be.
We can fight two world wars....our recent ancestors put up with all kind of privations before, during and after....but they think we cannot deal with any difficulties(perceived or otherwise) that a no deal Brexit will create.
Do our government think that we cannot spot the games being played....the brinkmanship being practised for our benefit.
Do our government really believe that Spain will not want to sell their oranges to us?
That Italy will not want to sell their grapes?
Do they believe that these countries will not want our people to visit their countries....to put our money into their economy?
If they do think that then they are deluded.
Old 21-12-2018, 17:34   #2172
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

They reckon the E.U. is going to charge Brits £7 per head to enter the E.U. after Brexit, funny that! they never charged me Grandad for entry in WW1, nor me Dad in WW2. if they do so i reckon we should be the ones to start WW3 and stuff the cheeky barstewards.
Old 21-12-2018, 18:15   #2173
God Member

Quote:
They reckon the E.U. is going to charge Brits £7 per head to enter the E.U. after Brexit...
Aye, but at least we don’t have to pay £5.60 to get into Wales anymore.

Actually, Cashy you have to pay to enter many, if not most countries and every time anyone flies in or out of this country, EU ‘citizens’ (sic) or not, they pay ‘landing’ and/or ‘take-off’ fees.
If £7 a visit is the price to pay for not being in the EU, it’s a bargain.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2018, 18:52   #2174
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Aye, but at least we don’t have to pay £5.60 to get into Wales anymore.

Actually, Cashy you have to pay to enter many, if not most countries and every time anyone flies in or out of this country, EU ‘citizens’ (sic) or not, they pay ‘landing’ and/or ‘take-off’ fees.
If £7 a visit is the price to pay for not being in the EU, it’s a bargain.
Aye but yeh will still have to pay landing fees also, so i say stuff the gets.
Old 21-12-2018, 19:03   #2175
Full Member+

It is called an ETIAS (European Travel Information and Authorisation System) and although not launched yet, is expected to come into force in 2021. It's €7 and lasts for three years and is similar to the ESTA used for travel to the US.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..