Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2019, 13:44   #2206
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Not sure it would have been that different, the Chinese, Tai, Indian take-aways didn't come from the EU. Nor did the Caliifornian and many other wines. In fact on the food and drink side I cannot think of much that has arrived as a result of EU membership. Greek food was here before they joined, Pizza's from American franchises.
AND,

As it's still the season to be jolly, let's not forget that our Christmas lights and tinsel didn't come from the E.U. we all bought Chinese, in fact most of the glitsy useless break at the first attempt to install batteries gifts will have originated from there.
Joy of joys, in or out of the E.U. we will still be able to buy the same stuff next year, the Chinese will make sure of that.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2019, 09:00   #2207
Senior Member+

From the start of Brexit the majority of people wanted to leave but most MP’s wanted to remain, Mrs may forced the few leave MPs in her cabinet to resign then comes out with Brexit means Brexit,
then accepts the EU’s deal that most MP’s could not accept then proceeds to use stalling tactics to run down the clock trying to force MP’s to vote for a deal they dislike
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:15   #2208
Beacon of light

I cannot see this deal getting through(she says with fingers and toes crossed).
This is NOT a deal....unless you count it as a raw deal....but then there was no way any UK politician from whatever persuasion was going to get a deal from the EU.
They want to give the Brits a bloody nose for being so audacious in leaving.
Our politicians badly misjudged the thoughts of the electorate.
Since the EU(not the EEC) came into being, we have not been asked how we felt about becoming a Federal State of Europe....with power for decisions being made in Brussels.

We should have been given a say before John Major signed the Maastricht treaty....but the politicians did not bother to ask us.
We are the victims of a huge deception.
It is time the people woke up and realised what was being done in their name...and seemingly with their permission.

Another thing is that there is a lot of brinkmanship being played out.
This is a dangerous game for both sides.

The MP,s who want to remain have their own agenda....and it is NOT the good of the country...it is the good of their own hides.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 19:57   #2209
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So the Sourbint wants the plod to get involved because people shes betrayed have been calling her nasty names! Welcome to our world, for the last near on 2 & a half years, those who wanted to leave the eu-rinal have been getting slated & abused on a daily basis, but that was fine because it's only "Dumb, stupid, racist Brexiteers" after all!

All I can say is, "Suck it up Sourbint! You & your cohorts have brought this down on your own heads because of your mealy mouthed assumptions & attitudes".
Old 09-01-2019, 14:12   #2210
God Member

This latest bit of media frenzy smacks of more fakery.
The metro me-jah tell us the abuser was a right-wing extremist (i.e. a leave voter). So why would a right-wing extremist call someone he hates a Nazi?
I wonder how much it costs to hire some daft git, who has nothing better to do all day than hang around Parliament in January, to shout at you when the BBC cameras are rolling?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 20:16   #2211
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I wonder how much it costs to hire some daft git, who has nothing better to do all day than hang around Parliament in January,

Not sure of the cost Exile, but this fine chap seems to have a rather broad portfolio. After reading the article it appears the poor lad is somewhat confused by it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...supporter.html
Old 09-01-2019, 20:36   #2212
God Member

As alleged, Dave, a “daft git”. He’ll have his own telly show next week, no doubt.

BTW, it seems our humble and honourable representatives have agreed to debate the recent petitions about leaving the EU without any stitched up deal.

But they’ve also decided to debate petitions about scrapping Brexit and having a second (actually third) referendum.

Interestingly, at the last count, the latter petitions amassed 133,632 and 131,371 signatures respectively.

However, even combined (265,083) that is less than the “stuff the EU, just get out” petitions, which amassed 390,085.
Old 09-01-2019, 22:25   #2213
Beacon of light

Leaving without a deal is not on their agenda...Dominic Grieve proved that.
I feel sure that they do not want to accept that they got the mood of the electorate so wrong.
They are a set of spineless, gutless, lilly livered scaredy cats....I would like to put something fare more scathing, but do not wish to risk a ban
KiTChener and hilleluk like this.
Old 10-01-2019, 05:48   #2214
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Interestingly, at the last count, the latter petitions amassed 133,632 and 131,371 signatures respectively.

However, even combined (265,083) that is less than the “stuff the EU, just get out” petitions, which amassed 390,085.

Which in itself highlights the divide in the populace of for & against, but I'm pretty sure the polsters,"profi" commenters & msm certainly won't be chucking these figures around for public perusal ....... strange that eh?
Old 10-01-2019, 09:26   #2215
God Member

Unfortunately, no longer strange at all.
We’ve fooled ourselves for too long that we have an independent media but it’s self-regarding, metropolitan mind-think is part of the problem.
The last few years has, if nothing else, revealed just how biased our me-jah is, with the BBC being one of the most egregious.
Even the editor of the Daily Mail had to be replaced with a Remoaner.
Old 10-01-2019, 13:40   #2216
Beacon of light

These moronic MP's who are tying TM into some kind of deal....even a bad deal cannot see that they are removing any leverage to getting concessions from the EU.
The further the 'no deal' scenario recedes, the more the EU will like it.
They do not want a No deal.
It will create many serious financial issues for them.
Not least the possibility that the 39 billion divorce settlement maybe withheld.
There is going to be a huge black hole in their budgets if there is a no deal.

The MP's are creating a huge constitutional crisis.....which is totally unnecessary.
The majority of those who voted in the referendum voted to leave....LEAVE means LEAVE...not the half assed deal that is currently on the table...nor the Norway style deal that would leave us paying in without any influence over decisions made that will affect our lives.
There should be no taxation(the subs to the EU are taxation) without representation.
Can these dumb people not see this?
These educated folk who have had private schooling and university education seem to be absolutely bereft of any common sense or insight into the consequences of their stupidity.

I despair that we will ever break free....we are going to be a permanent feudal state of Europe....our representative want to sell us into serfdom.
Old 10-01-2019, 19:32   #2217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Just watched the news tonight the Brexit bullshine is unreal. They were on about J.L.R.losing jobs interviewing some chosen workers blaming Brexit, They have taken 4000 on at some place in china since 2014, or had we voted leave then? The reason Jag/Land Rover is doing badly is cos people stopped buying Diesel vehicles, yeh would have to be a complete idiot to think otherwise, but the Media can find em
Old 10-01-2019, 20:17   #2218
Beacon of light

God loves an idiot....that's why there are so many.
And it is not in the interests of the media to question these ludicrous claims that are currently being bandied about.

I am sure that the majority of us who voted to leave, knew that it would not be without some difficulties, but the people who are supposed to represent us are making heavy weather of it....and this is because we(in their opinion) voted for the wrong option....they don't like it and want to stymy the wishes of those they are supposed to serve.
Less, hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 11-01-2019, 10:56   #2219
God Member

in a nutshell democracy is fine as long as you agree with them.
cashman and hilleluk like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:51   #2220

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
in a nutshell democracy is fine as long as you agree with them.

Whenever communicating with a politician or civil servant one should always remember to sign the communication correctly namely:-

You are Sir/Madam MY humble servant
Your Name (Tax Payer)
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..