Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-01-2019, 09:24   #2266
Beacon of light

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

It is a shambles Manufactured with the aim of thwarting the will of the people.
I have come(reluctantly) to the conclusion that this is how the political elite wanted it to end.
The political elite judged badly what the results of the referendum would be.
They were shocked by that result.
There are people (Goerge Soros springs immediately to mind)committing vast amounts of money to ensure that democracy is dismantled brick by brick.
Democracy is not what the ruling elite want to see survive.
What was played out in Parliament is evidence of this.
That one man (that Pygmy Bercow) can ride rough shod over parliamentary practice is an affront to all of us.
I voted to leave because I never wanted to be in in the first place...when we were last allowed to vote, the vote went against my values....but it was a democratic process and I accepted it.
There are many in this country who wish to be serfs to the EU...they have known nothing else.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-01-2019, 09:35   #2267
God Member

[QUOTE=DaveinGermany;1222913]True Cashy, but still disappointing. DisMay said she's now prepared to talk to & work with other parties, in other words, give up even more ground to those opposed to a clean no deal exit from the eu-rinal.

by the time she has finished we will be out but have the same conditions as if we were still in. even the combined lunacy of the three stooges and the marx brothers could not have come up with anything like we have at present.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:47   #2268

Brexit was a golden opportunity to have anew future for the UK but it has been wasted. The deal was not good for the UK and now that it has been rejected, the only way we will get anything further from EU is to make further concessions in their favour. The only alternatives other than that appear to be no deal or revoke article 50, neither of which are acceptable. Wherever we end up we are in a mess. If I had made such a mess of my job, I would have been shown the door
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 10:57   #2269

addendum to previous- neither of which are acceptable to Parliament to try and move on.
Mark
Mark2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 11:59   #2270
Beacon of light

The only acceptable solution to Parliament is not to leave.
What TM came back from Brussels with was not better than what DC was offered...in fact with the backstop to tie us in until they gave permission to leave...it was worse.
It beggars belief that anyone with any intelligence would put that on the table...let alone try to use strong arm tactics to enforce it passes through the commons.
Brussels are scared of a NO deal and that should be used as leverage.
Old 17-01-2019, 12:56   #2271
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
The only acceptable solution to Parliament is not to leave.
What TM came back from Brussels with was not better than what DC was offered...in fact with the backstop to tie us in until they gave permission to leave...it was worse.
It beggars belief that anyone with any intelligence would put that on the table...let alone try to use strong arm tactics to enforce it passes through the commons.
Brussels are scared of a NO deal and that should be used as leverage.
Yeh but the Government sent a leaflet to "ALL" households in 2016 Stating This is a once in a lifetime decision! the Government will implement what you decide, which just proves what SODDING LIARS they are.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:02   #2272

This caught my eye and gave me a chuckle.
Private Eye occasionally hits the mark.

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg May.JPG (69.1 KB, 10 views)
MoreJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 13:26   #2273

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh but the Government sent a leaflet to "ALL" households in 2016 Stating This is a once in a lifetime decision! the Government will implement what you decide, which just proves what SODDING LIARS they are.

Referring back to an earlier post, the big problem was that 'LEAVE' was not defined.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/1171349-post919.html

This sloppyness gives politicians freedom to have personal interpretations as to what it means ... and you can see the result.
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2019, 13:27   #2274
Beacon of light

Quote:
Yes, for course they did...but Cashy you are wily enough to know that what is said by a politician is subject to THEIR interpretation....which is why it was so important for this crap deal to be rubber stamped because it would have been Brexit in name only....we would still be tied to the EU in perpetuity.

Did you not see JCJunckers face when TM accepted the deal?...he was smiling like a croc that had identified lunch for the foreseeable future.
And I am sure that I spotted somewhere that MBarnier said 'we've got them now'....I have tried to find this, but have failed...so maybe this evidence has been removed.

If lowly folk like us can see how ludicrous all this thrutching has been to,get....where are we?
Nowhere.
That is not negotiation.
This is NOT all her fault.
She has had to deal with duplicitous snakes in our Palace of Westminster, in British businesses and then there are those in Brussels....who never wanted to relinquish the financial contributions that we pay into this money pit.

I worry that article 50 will be pushed back....or worse, revoked.
I worry that we will be tied up to a Norway style deal where we will be required to pay in, have no say on any laws passed in Brussels and handed down to us,
At the same time being forced to accept free movement.
I worry that the EU will strong arm us into staying inside the EU against the wishes of 17.4 million voters....and they may even make it a condition of staying that we accept the Euro.

The EU are slimy reptiles and I do not trust anything that they promise.
But then, equally I am becoming ever distrustful of those representatives in our own Houses of Parliament.
Yes, it is true...I am a dyed in the wool cynic.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:28   #2275
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post
Referring back to an earlier post, the big problem was that 'LEAVE' was not defined.

This sloppyness gives politicians freedom to have personal interpretations as to what it means ... and you can see the result.
It didn't really need to be, it said Remain Or Leave, whats to define about that?
Old 17-01-2019, 13:29   #2276
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Walker View Post

That is exactly right....we were bamboozled yet again.
And my last post says exactly that.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:35   #2277
Beacon of light

You and I both know what Leave means.
It means to put on your hat and coat.....and go through the door.
But it may not mean that to others.
I think that as human beings we believe what we want to believe.
I never for one minute dreamed that the electorate would vote to Leave the EU.
I was elated to hear the results....for maybe five minutes.
Then reality kicked in and I realised that there was a long way to go....especially as there was such a long time before article 50 was signed....that rang alarm bells for me.
This long period before the date of leaving gave room for skulduggery to be planned.
The electorate mean nothing.
cashman likes this.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:40   #2278

Quote:
It didn't really need to be, it said Remain Or Leave, whats to define about that?

Consider for a moment the definition of the word 'All' in the context of insurance 'All Risks' means all risks except 'Acts of God' and 'whatever other get out clauses they can think up'.

My definition and I'm sure yours is that 'All' means just that 'all' - 'everybody', 'everything'.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:43   #2279
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Only the STUPID believe what they want to believe, The truth is that.
Old 17-01-2019, 13:47   #2280

Put another way the unexpected result produced the conundrum:-

We have an answer, now what's the question?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..