Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3580Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2019, 16:46   #2431
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well aware its not just her, but shes the P.M. who has told Bare Faced Lies to the electorate.
And her reward will be a generous pension, paid by the British tax payers, personal security for life to protect her from the British tax payers, and, no doubt, a gong and a warm bench in the Lords where she can continue to dither well past the point that senility kicks in.
Less, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-03-2019, 19:01   #2432
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Have just seen on Sky News,that Cameron has told his euro skeptic ministers they will be forced to resign, if they are saying they are for coming out of the E.U., anyone thinking that folk are going to get a free choice is seriously deluded, i may have it, but any Tory Minister who feels we should be out of Europe certainly dont. Seems hes hoping to brainwash the public, anyone who believes out he says is nuts imho.
I said nearly 3 year ago the referendum was a load of crap, Bitcha May has proved me right, asking for an extension? none of those Barstewards think the public should get what they voted for, Despite all the false promises, Democracy is FINISHED as far as i'm concerned!!
Old 20-03-2019, 22:14   #2433
Beacon of light

Cashy, what did you expect with the snakes who are currently in the Houses of Parliament.
And did you see that arch snake TB on GMB yesterday morning?
A bigger liar than Tom Pepper, pontificating on what He thinks should happen....he knows full well that he has been in cahoots with those who pull the strings in Brussels.

It is very very hard to defeat an enemy that has outposts in the heart of what is supposed to be democracy.
For instance our own representative is representing who exactly?
Not his constituents because 66.2 per cent of those voted to LEAVE THE EU.

John Bercow is supposed to be impartial....but he has shown himself to be anything but.

All that said, it would not matter how many times the rotten to the core....Brexit in name only is taken back to the house to be voted on....nothing in the deal has changed....and
a bad deal( one where you see them in Brussels rubbing their hands and smiling) is ALWAYS GOING TO BE A BAD DEAL.

I truly hope that they deny us any extension to article 50....that is our only hope of ever being free.
cashman, Gremlin and monkey hanger like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 07:56   #2434
Beacon of light

In the Observer today....our illustrious (NOT) representative has a letter published....talking about....would you believe it?
HONESTY.
Honesty and the name of our MPDo not belong in the same sentence.
Someone on the internet has obviously rattled him with their comment....so much so he is defending his honour in the 'local' rag.

At the end of the letter he says he has had lots of correspondence from his constituents....you know those people who,put him where he is....and PAY his salary through their taxes....telling him that this deal proposed is NOT a good one...but that he will continue to vote,against the wishes of his constituents and support the deal with his vote.

This is because this deal leaves us tied into the EU in all but name.

Remember this the next time you need to put a cross in a box for a person to represent you
Old 21-03-2019, 08:36   #2435
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I will never forget his antics during this Brexit. simple as.
Old 21-03-2019, 09:06   #2436
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
In the Observer today....our illustrious (NOT) representative has a letter published....talking about....would you believe it?
HONESTY.
Honesty and the name of our MPDo not belong in the same sentence.
Someone on the internet has obviously rattled him with their comment....so much so he is defending his honour in the 'local' rag.

At the end of the letter he says he has had lots of correspondence from his constituents....you know those people who,put him where he is....and PAY his salary through their taxes....telling him that this deal proposed is NOT a good one...but that he will continue to vote,against the wishes of his constituents and support the deal with his vote.

This is because this deal leaves us tied into the EU in all but name.

Remember this the next time you need to put a cross in a box for a person to represent you
I no longer buy the Observer, tried to reach their web site, keep getting diverted to a site called 'lancs live' so will not have the pleasure of reading his latest missive.

It must have been you or cashy that upset him with the truth, what a shame he doesn't have the gonads to come back on site and answer the many questions that he used to duck under and ignore when he did post his own style of 'honesty' on here.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:09   #2437
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Also the media and M.P.s are playing hell oer Teresa Mays comments last night, well from where i'm standing she is 100% correct, most people i talk too blame M.P.s also Sky did a poll and 90% blame them also the figure is unprecedented in polls, but M.P.s are still too arrogant to accept the public view, nothing changed there is there?ok the deal seems crap, but bottom line is they mostly want to remain.
MITZY, hilleluk and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-03-2019, 09:35   #2438

Well written Cashman, Totally agree with your comment
hilleluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:44   #2439
Senior Member+

I can’t see how anyone can absolve Theresa May from this debacle, she is the one the has been instrumental in negotiation’s for the deal that’s on offer, she is the one that has engineered this impasse by pursuing this despicable deal, she is the one that said Brexit means Brexit and we will leave on the 29th of March, she is the one that forced ministers who believed in Brexit to resign,
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2019, 09:55   #2440
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I can’t see how anyone can absolve Theresa May from this debacle, she is the one the has been instrumental in negotiation’s for the deal that’s on offer, she is the one that has engineered this impasse by pursuing this despicable deal, she is the one that said Brexit means Brexit and we will leave on the 29th of March, she is the one that forced ministers who believed in Brexit to resign,
Its not a matter of absolving the bitch, NO leader coulda done it with most M.Ps wanting remain,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-03-2019, 09:55   #2441
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I no longer buy the Observer, tried to reach their web site, keep getting diverted to a site called 'lancs live' so will not have the pleasure of reading his latest missive.

It must have been you or cashy that upset him with the truth, what a shame he doesn't have the gonads to come back on site and answer the many questions that he used to duck under and ignore when he did post his own style of 'honesty' on here.
No I cannot take the credit for his ire.
There is a virtual storm of comment on Twitter that are negative about his 'honesty'....now I do not do twitter, but my daughter does and she tells me what is being said....none of it is complimentary.
I am also sure he is being slated in other social media too.

If all these people are saying the same thing....then does it not occur to our representative that this is how he is perceived and as far as we are concerned it is US who are being honest....while he is NOT.

This has provoked this response from him.
If I get half a minute later today I will scan the article and send it to you Less....not sure if posting it would be breaching any forum rules.
Old 21-03-2019, 10:10   #2442
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
I do not agree with this at all.

Firstly, you cannot negotiate with any organisation that does not show any signs of negotiating skills....the EU do not want us to leave....they will lose a huge chink of money in contributions if we do leave....this black hole will have to be funded by the remaining countries.....so while they do not want us to leave....they have made NO effort to ensure that we stay(bullying, intimidating, humiliating our politicians does NOT count as effort.

Secondly, whoever had been in power would have had the same problems.
This is because the majority of MP's do not give a flying fig for what their electorate want.
They have their eye on the main prize....which is a healthy salary for being in what has become purely a 'talking shop'....they have become used to rubber stamping rules and edicts issued from the Brussels mob(who have even less interest in the population of this country than our MP's....well as long as we keep coughing up with the money.

Thirdly, much has been done by the media, big business et al to try to reverse the will of a democratic vote.

Accybeme, I respect your opinion, but if you really want to find someone to Blame, then you should be pointing the finger at John Major....he is the one who should have asked us if we wanted to be a parish of the United States of Europe....before he signed the Maastricht Treaty which took the UK into what was to become, NOT a trading organisation, but an organisation whose aim was to ensure closer political and economic union.

And come 2020....if we are not OUT then the brown stuff will hit the fan.
We will be dragged into the Schengen Zone, we will have to give up Sterling for the Euro(we have two years grace to do this) we will have to support a European Military force, all rulings from the European court of Justice will supersede any current UK laws....and much much more that I find untenable.

And if you have read all of that you deserve a putty medal.
Old 21-03-2019, 10:12   #2443

Quote:
This has provoked this response from him.
If I get half a minute later today I will scan the article and send it to you Less....not sure if posting it would be breaching any forum rules.
Don't remember anything against the rules, in fact the greatly missed Admin Mick would scan and post for people that didn't have the wherewithall to do it for themselves.
Old 21-03-2019, 10:13   #2444
Beacon of light

Well then Less...you are on...watch this space.
As for buying the Observer...I would give it up in a heartbeat, by my old feller likes to read the obits....not sure if that is just to make sure he is still above the sod.
Old 21-03-2019, 10:17   #2445

Quote:
Well then Less...you are on...watch this space.
That's my girl publish and be damned, (or in this case copy etc, etc,).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..